Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1998
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 04:32 AM   #19971
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6574 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I believe you're incredibly right on both counts. I've been to Oklahoma, once. Didn't have a bad experience like I did in Texas, but there just wasn't much to see where I went. My stepdad said that there are actually some sights, and some impressive natural beauty in some areas... But, where he was living, which is the only place I've been there, it was flat land, irrigation ditch... flat land... irrigation ditch... flat land... irrigation ditch... flat land... you get the picture. They weren't even growing anything, and it was right in the middle of the growing season...
There's a lot of natural beauty around SE Oklahoma. The Kiamichi Mountains and Beavers Bend are really beautiful areas, and they are only a 1-2 hour drive from me. We usually try to make a trip up there to go kayaking, camping, and ATVing once or twice a year.

Beavers Bend







Kiamichi Mountains





__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
eldarbeast Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #19972
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
There's a lot of natural beauty around SE Oklahoma. The Kiamichi Mountains and Beavers Bend are really beautiful areas, and they are only a 1-2 hour drive from me. We usually try to make a trip up there to go kayaking, camping, and ATVing once or twice a year.

Beavers Bend







Kiamichi Mountains





Spent a couple months around McCallerster(sp?) & a couple of lakes just out of town really put the ones around here to shame
BUT i was afraid the dam wind wud blow everything away
I guess it blows 24/7 up there!
Now lets talk about all the tornados
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #19973
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I think at this point, Commiefornia is a lot better than New York. At least for now...
The beaches sound better at least, even if the hippies protect the grey water bears.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #19974
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buttholeville
Posts: 1,209
Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Default

Viking: I just wanted to add to your post about the warbird. Federal does not offer their fusion bullets to the reloader. They are offered only in federal brand ammo. Class two sniper does not exist

__________________
nchunt101 is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #19975
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,342
Liked 7406 Times on 4453 Posts
Likes Given: 9165

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
The beaches sound better at least, even if the hippies protect the grey water bears.
Oh, geeze. A whole new side of 'Gello I didn't know about.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #19976
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,307
Liked 8586 Times on 4958 Posts
Likes Given: 11147

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
Viking: I just wanted to add to your post about the warbird. Federal does not offer their fusion bullets to the reloader. They are offered only in federal brand ammo. Class two sniper does not exist
Did not know that. Then again I am the first to admit I don't know everything! Thanks for the input.

In other news- Marlinman has posted pics of his often described but never seen Warbird!!!

Oh wait. That didn't happen... (crickets...)
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #19977
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Did not know that. Then again I am the first to admit I don't know everything! Thanks for the input.

In other news- Marlinman has posted pics of his often described but never seen Warbird!!!

Oh wait. That didn't happen... (crickets...)
And won't happen bc I'm not gonna break the rules I have been given......even if I don't understand em.
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #19978
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
Viking: I just wanted to add to your post about the warbird. Federal does not offer their fusion bullets to the reloader. They are offered only in federal brand ammo. Class two sniper does not exist
I never said I bought the fusions unloaded. I actually DID buy them loaded in normal 308 and pulled em for the warbird
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #19979
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,000
Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

I vote for pics!

__________________

Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

kytowboater is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #19980
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,307
Liked 8586 Times on 4958 Posts
Likes Given: 11147

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
And won't happen bc I'm not gonna break the rules I have been given......even if I don't understand em.
Liar......
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM