Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1997
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #19961
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Awesome man. Thx for the quick response btw does Federal offer fusions as a component to work with in that caliber

Old 01-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #19962

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
Awesome man. Thx for the quick response btw does Federal offer fusions as a component to work with in that caliber
Yes. It's a 308 bullet

Old 01-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #19963
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I'm with you on that one because I'd never trust them again and when kids see an unhappy marriage they learn that unhappy and dysfunctional is acceptable.
Thank you so much for that statement. I felt it was 'healthier' for my kids to divorce than to stay in a marriage that was not a good or happy one. There was arguing, etc. I don't think "staying together for the kids" is a good thing. My daughter had a friend in high school where they were "staying together for the kids" and the parents fought all the time, the kids pitted one against the other for permission to do things, the parents slept in separate bedrooms, etc. Tell me that's healthier than two parents at peace in their own homes sharing their kids. I tried to be the best example I could be in 'independence'. I made it a point to stay single and raise my kids. I wanted them to see one can survive without someone 'taking care of them'. I must say my kids are pretty independent and successful. All I know is I did my best.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #19964
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Thank you so much for that statement. I felt it was 'healthier' for my kids to divorce than to stay in a marriage that was not a good or happy one. There was arguing, etc. I don't think "staying together for the kids" is a good thing. My daughter had a friend in high school where they were "staying together for the kids" and the parents fought all the time, the kids pitted one against the other for permission to do things, the parents slept in separate bedrooms, etc. Tell me that's healthier than two parents at peace in their own homes sharing their kids. I tried to be the best example I could be in 'independence'. I made it a point to stay single and raise my kids. I wanted them to see one can survive without someone 'taking care of them'. I must say my kids are pretty independent and successful. All I know is I did my best.
I absolutely agree that two peaceful homes are better than one bad home where a child feels unhappy because I see it everyday and I see my own step-daughter thriving when she's here with us. We are setting an example of what a happy home life should be for her that she would not have seen otherwise. I'm proud of you Winds!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:45 AM   #19965

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Honestly, I didn't divorce for my kid. I fought for custody, for him, but I divorced because I refuse to tolerate betrayal.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #19966
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I absolutely agree that two peaceful homes are better than one bad home where a child feels unhappy because I see it everyday and I see my own step-daughter thriving when she's here with us. We are setting an example of what a happy home life should be for her that she would not have seen otherwise. I'm proud of you Winds!
Thank you so much. It was a very difficult and long haul......but oh, so worth it.
eldarbeast Likes This 
Old 01-16-2013, 02:36 AM   #19967
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8266 Times on 4777 Posts
Likes Given: 10687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
The kid seen where the friend w me posted on my gun, then saw my truck in Walmart parking lot in the same town, popped the lock on my truck w a slim jim and took the gun from my truck box and all. So I allow no pics of my guns now. Then there's all this stupid bs the insurance people throw at us.....which we don't understand either let me tell you
Still sounds like BS to me. All of it. I have never known any gunsmith who has been forbidden to take pictures of their guns by an insurance company (and how the Hell is a gunsmith supposed to get any customers if they can't show pics of their rifles to potential customers???? No customers, no income, insurance company loses client. Three words. Ain't. Gonna. Happen.), and at first you were saying it is illegal, which means against the law (any of you custom gunsmiths out there want to correct me, please do!). Next thing you will say is that you "made a mistake" in saying it was illegal. That's BS. I know what the law is, and I don't make "mistakes" about what my insurance "will allow" and what the law says and as far as insurance is. Which one is it? And again, what the Hell is a "class two sniper quality" rifle? That sounds very specific. Well, specifically bullspit. Again, I could be wrong and I ask any gunsmith here to chime in and correct me if I am, but the whole deal smells like BS. Hell, if I had any guns that were so damned scary and all that my insurance company would not allow me to take pictures of it and post them on the internet if I wanted to, I would not be spouting off about the damn thing in every other thread on this forum, let alone on FB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
You could post a pic in The Bunker & take it down in 24 hours. That's a pretty limited pool of potential thieves.
Hear hear! All of the people who can view threads in the Bunker are known to the Mods. If your legendary Warbird is displayed there for a day, or even a couple of hours, and taken down and then this unicorn of a rifle ends up stolen, I'm sure that the Mods would be quite eager to help the BATFE find the culprits. Thieves and liars. Can't stand 'em.

Quote:
Yes I could but theres still that insurance issue. I don't mind break a few rules here or there but not when it comes to my biggeat source of income at the moment.
Again, if there is another custom FFL/gunsmith who cares to comment here, or PM me if you don't care to do so on the open forum, I will apologize profusely.

Quote:
I shoot barnes, berger, black hills, and federal through it. Powder I shoot imr 4895 and imr 4350. Primers are cci gold magnum. I have my brass custom made for me by a friend that does it for a hobby.
He makes custom brass as a hobby? Wow. That's impressive. Takes a lot of specialized equipment I imagine. Must be expensive. Not many people out there can afford to have a hobby like that. I'm not sure I would really trust custom brass for such a high-pressure round as the incredible 7.82 Warbird out of a hobby-shop.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:41 AM   #19968
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 717 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 1699

My random thought for the day: Oklahoma may not be paradise, but it's a helluva lot better than New Yuck.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 01-16-2013, 03:53 AM   #19969
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
My random thought for the day: Oklahoma may not be paradise, but it's a helluva lot better than New Yuck.
I think at this point, Commiefornia is a lot better than New York. At least for now...
Old 01-16-2013, 04:07 AM   #19970

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
I believe you're incredibly right on both counts. I've been to Oklahoma, once. Didn't have a bad experience like I did in Texas, but there just wasn't much to see where I went. My stepdad said that there are actually some sights, and some impressive natural beauty in some areas... But, where he was living, which is the only place I've been there, it was flat land, irrigation ditch... flat land... irrigation ditch... flat land... irrigation ditch... flat land... you get the picture. They weren't even growing anything, and it was right in the middle of the growing season...