Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1994
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #19931
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post
I think we need a picture of this
What the warbird? Or the brass being made?

Old 01-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #19932

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I dont ask to see her stuff , if she asked me id let her , hell she knows my passwords anyway , I hate texting , I dont even reply to her text hardly let alone talk to some other chic .
God help her if she ever does cheat , I wont leave her but she would damn sure be on probation for a long time .
I have never gone thru anything of my wifes - - - I can not ever remember being in my parents bedroom and I doubt my father ever saw the inside of mom's purse. That is how AI was raised and I still stick to it. The only time I ever went thru her phone was to get a list of people for her surprise 60th birthday party.

My lawyer says women are just like horses, once they learn to jump the fence they might not do it everyday but it stays in the back of their mind forever!

With the new smart phone she has when a text comes in it displays - - - I thought it would have been from my Daughter-in-law and was going to take the phone to her - - - but when I read it I cannot erase it from my mind.

I have been married to her 39 1/2 years and she has left me for someone else twice but I took her back both times for the kids, now it is for the grand kids but I sure wish she could find someone who would take her away. If she ever leaves again she will not be back!!!!!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #19933

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post

I have never gone thru anything of my wifes - - - I can not ever remember being in my parents bedroom and I doubt my father ever saw the inside of mom's purse. That is how AI was raised and I still stick to it. The only time I ever went thru her phone was to get a list of people for her surprise 60th birthday party.

My lawyer says women are just like horses, once they learn to jump the fence they might not do it everyday but it stays in the back of their mind forever!

With the new smart phone she has when a text comes in it displays - - - I thought it would have been from my Daughter-in-law and was going to take the phone to her - - - but when I read it I cannot erase it from my mind.

I have been married to her 39 1/2 years and she has left me for someone else twice but I took her back both times for the kids, now it is for the grand kids but I sure wish she could find someone who would take her away. If she ever leaves again she will not be back!!!!!
The kiddies would just have to accept it if it happened to me cuz there'd be no comin back w me.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #19934
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7813 Times on 4689 Posts
Likes Given: 9825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I can't feel my toes... I need different socks but I don't think I can go to Cabela's and not buy ammo
Soo......buy socks AND ammo.

Quote:
What's the best way to catch handgun brass at the range? I don't like having to pick it up off the ground. If like a passive system that could just catch all my brass. Otherwise I go home with other peoples brass.
I don't reload and I take as much brass as I can get. When I get a few pounds of it I recycle it. It's a little extra cash for me. The current rate is $1.65/pound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Brass for my 7.82 warbird
Quote:
I think we need a picture of this
I would like to see a picture of it, too.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #19935

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

Soo......buy socks AND ammo.

I don't reload and I take as much brass as I can get. When I get a few pounds of it I recycle it. It's a little extra cash for me. The current rate is $1.65/pound.

I would like to see a picture of it, too.
Ill reload for you I don't take pics of my guns for a good reason-iv had em stolen after postin pics on the internet. Along w a couple other legal reasons.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #19936
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11538

Quote:
What's the best way to catch handgun brass at the range? I don't like having to pick it up off the ground. If like a passive system that could just catch all my brass. Otherwise I go home with other peoples brass.
They make many different brass catching systems. Some mount on your gun (I don't care for those) and some sit on the bench. http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=brass+catcher

I am hoping to build some for my range at home that will sit on the ground and funnel the brass into a bucket, then fold up to store in the bucket for transport. Might use a 50 cal ammo can instead of a bucket though. i would have to make one for each shooter with a couple of spares for our guests, but it would be worth is as our home range is just earth so brass gets lost a lot.

Whenever at the range I always ask everybody I see there who is shooting factory ammo if I can have their once-fired brass. I also empty out the buckets as long as I don't get busted. Keep it sorted as much as you can at the range and you can have some good range brass and then sell the rest to the recycler.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #19937
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I don't really shoot at a real range, but when we set up targets at the old oil pit, we usually put down a big blue tarp to stand on, so all the cartridges can be easily retrieved. That is one of the things i like about my GP100, easier to keep the brass together.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 01-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #19938

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

That's a good point. Now everybody says 7.62x54r is hard to reload because of the Berdan primer. Yet several reloading manuals I've read say its possible? Do I need a special decapping pin for it or other special tools?

Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #19939

Quote:
That's a good point. Now everybody says 7.62x54r is hard to reload because of the Berdan primer. Yet several reloading manuals I've read say its possible? Do I need a special decapping pin for it or other special tools?
What's a good point? And iv never used anything except the primer punch on my RCBS progressive loader.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #19940

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
You're a better man than me...

The first time my spouse wandered, I locked the door behind her.

eldar