Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1990
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 03:56 AM   #19891
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I like to play worry free.
One of our tax clients fathered twins a couple of years after his operation; sometimes they grow back.
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:00 AM   #19892
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Sorry to hear that Viking
Thanks, but its OK. My only thought at the time was "Well sh!t Dad! What the Hell were you thinking???"

He had undergone heart surgery a day and a half before. They said that if he had any chest pain at all, even a little bit, to call 911 immediately. He had not made many mistakes in his life (that I am aware of), but the last decision he made cost him his life.

Anyhow, he had a good life and a long one too. He was 83 when he died and he went fairly quickly. Its all we can ask for after all, isn't it?
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:03 AM   #19893
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Thanks, but its OK. My only thought at the time was "Well sh!t Dad! What the Hell were you thinking???"

He had undergone heart surgery a day and a half before. They said that if he had any chest pain at all, even a little bit, to call 911 immediately. He had not made many mistakes in his life (that I am aware of), but the last decision he made cost him his life.

Anyhow, he had a good life and a long one too. He was 83 when he died and he went fairly quickly. Its all we can ask for after all, isn't it?
sorry to hear about your father Viking. condolences to you and your family.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 AM   #19894
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
sorry to hear about your father Viking. condolences to you and your family.
Thank you.

I didn't mean to bring it up really, but only did to make the point that surfing the 'net is not the best idea if you think you might have poisoned yourself or might be having a heart attack (a day and a half after surgery no less!). Call 911.
Vikingdad is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:21 AM   #19895
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,987
Liked 2759 Times on 1797 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Thanks, but its OK. My only thought at the time was "Well sh!t Dad! What the Hell were you thinking???"

He had undergone heart surgery a day and a half before. They said that if he had any chest pain at all, even a little bit, to call 911 immediately. He had not made many mistakes in his life (that I am aware of), but the last decision he made cost him his life.

Anyhow, he had a good life and a long one too. He was 83 when he died and he went fairly quickly. Its all we can ask for after all, isn't it?
Isn't it?... Yeah. Definitely. What better way? I read awhile back, there was a poll done on people that died and came back, drowning is supposed to be the most peaceful way to die. Kinda hard to imagine, breathing water is peaceful? Wtf?

My brother in law ended up not having a heart attack. His heart isn't firing in order right, much like an engine with crossed plug wires. This is a result of sleep apnea.He is way too young for a heart attack, under 40. Although that past lifestyle thing would definitely have sumpin to do with with this dude. Lol

Now I'm trying not to get hammered on his homemade wine, its not easy. This shtuff has gotta be closhe to 20%. Oh well, I got shix hours to sleep it off.
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #19896
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

One of our tax clients fathered twins a couple of years after his operation; sometimes they grow back.
Lol, at least that's what his wife said! The "immaculate conception" story was already taken!

On another note... The night before last I managed to spray a good dose of oil in my mouth. I ain't been the same since. Weird taste in my mouth, heartburn, and I'm having trouble holding down toast.

If the bread mold can't kill me, and the jelly mold ain't bad enough to shrink my pecker, I can't help but wonder... Maybe my pecker will fall off and I'll die. Preferably in reverse order.

The oil is called "Pen-a-lube" (penetrating lube). Comes in a spray can.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #19897
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Lol, at least that's what his wife said! The "immaculate conception" story was already taken!

On another note... The night before last I managed to spray a good dose of oil in my mouth. I ain't been the same since. Weird taste in my mouth, heartburn, and I'm having trouble holding down toast.

If the bread mold can't kill me, and the jelly mold ain't bad enough to shrink my pecker, I can't help but wonder... Maybe my pecker will fall off and I'll die. Preferably in reverse order.

The oil is called "Pen-a-lube" (penetrating lube). Comes in a spray can.
Dam- believe it or not i'm at a lose for words
But the toast went down real ez--rite?
__________________
Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET
HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #19898
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
potentialglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,160
Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Default

I got a blast of hot gas and powder down my throat on Saturday. Teaches me to talk in the range
potentialglock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #19899
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post
I got a blast of hot gas and powder down my throat on Saturday. Teaches me to talk in the range
OK need details
__________________
Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET
HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #19900
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
potentialglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,160
Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Default

Took a friend shooting. Noticed a weird quirk he had and put a hand on his shoulder as a signal to stop shooting. Leaned over to mention how to correct said quirk, and he pulled the trigger. Gas and powder flew out of the breech and I to my open mouth. After coughing up a lung I immediately emptied the gun and inspected it because that is not natural. Gun is fine but there was a split in the case. Immediately threw the case away.
potentialglock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM



Newest Threads