Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #19861
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 417 Times on 232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhc

He is in sub school. He's going to be a MT, went into RT as an E3. It will be awhile before he's done with school.
So he is stationed in Groton then?

Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #19862

Liked 2343 Times on 1524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
If my wife cheated, I don't think I could or would stay. I can't stand that.
+1! A relationship is built on trust, imho. Without trust, how healthy can the relationship be?

Feral cat waterboarder

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #19863

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post

So he is stationed in Groton then?
Yep he sure is.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ كفري

Old 01-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #19864

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1

+1! A relationship is built on trust, imho. Without trust, how healthy can the relationship be?
Yep, exactly. Lie once you'll lie again. I have complete trust and faith in my wife, as she does I. I have to have a strong belief in her with my job. She is a hell of a woman, being gone 28+ days at a go you have to have a strong relationship.

We're in the process of house shopping, I think this trip maybe be 70+ days.....

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:16 AM   #19865
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

Yep, exactly. Lie once you'll lie again. I have complete trust and faith in my wife, as she does I. I have to have a strong belief in her with my job. She is a hell of a woman, being gone 28+ days at a go you have to have a strong relationship.

We're in the process of house shopping, I think this trip maybe be 70+ days.....
I couldn't imagine being apart that much. We're only apart to go to work......but yes trust is key.

Last edited by Zombiegirl; 01-15-2013 at 01:37 AM.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:34 AM   #19866

Liked 684 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 1670

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I dont care how trustworthy someone is . There is always the possibility of the temptation or curiosity coming up . I stopped going to bars , girls would always come up to me and guys would always go up to my wife , we always shot them down but I decided the best ways to avoid that temptation was to not even put myself in that situation .
I trust her for the most part , when it comes to money not so much as some of you may remember the whole credit card deal awhile back and I caught a text about the same time from her asking one of her coworkers for some money to help pay off one of the credit cards .
I dont care for sneaky chit not one bit and I dont care for lying . which she has done both . If she needs money just tell me , dont go off asking someone else or get a loan
I may not tell her about a problem or if someone does me wrong b/c she can fly off the handle with her temper but I have never lied to her or went behind her back .
We have only spent 5-6 nights apart since the day we met and I mean literally since we met about 4 yrs ago .
My wife has guy friends from before I met her. I have women friends from before I met her. We each know we email the old friends. Not a problem. Two-way trust is a good thing. She knows I was intimate with two of em, but I'm with her now. Hell, she emails both of the ones I was intimate with before. I hope they don't compare notes or anything...

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:45 AM   #19867
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19783 Times on 11233 Posts
Likes Given: 49857

my thoughts on a lasting and healthy relationship are trust, communication, and compromise. without these three qualities, love will not sustain the relationship for the long haul.

i trust my wife without reservations or doubt. we discuss just about everything, from small things to large issues and even the weather and sports. we compromise on things that will beneficial to both of us and not just one or the other.

now i am not going to lie and say we never have heated discusions, because we are human and are like many other married couples, but they are extremely rare. my wife is my friend as much as she is the best part of my life. i don't love her in spite of her faults or quirks, but love her because of them. i can have a really rotten and bad day at work, and when i get home and see her bubbly personality, it just makes coming home that much better!

People Like This 
Old 01-15-2013, 01:50 AM   #19868

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
my thoughts on a lasting and healthy relationship are trust, communication, and compromise. without these three qualities, love will not sustain the relationship for the long haul.

i trust my wife without reservations or doubt. we discuss just about everything, from small things to large issues and even the weather and sports. we compromise on things that will beneficial to both of us and not just one or the other.

now i am not going to lie and say we never have heated discusions, because we are human and are like many other married couples, but they are extremely rare. my wife is my friend as much as she is the best part of my life. i don't love her in spite of her faults or quirks, but love her because of them. i can have a really rotten and bad day at work, and when i get home and see her bubbly personality, it just makes coming home that much better!
Your right on love not being enough jonas and several on here know I can vouch for that. Learned it the hard way.......

Check your inbox

Old 01-15-2013, 02:17 AM   #19869

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Omg I accidentally ate moldy jelly and I think I'm gonna die!!!!

Old 01-15-2013, 02:22 AM   #19870

Liked 82 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhc View Post
He is in sub school. He's going to be a MT, went into RT as an E3. It will be awhile before he's done with school.
He gonna be a boomer sailor? I worked on the USS Holland AS-32 we tended boomers in Holy Loch Scotland from 79-82, the base (Site One) is closed now but man what memories!