Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 01:28 AM   #19761
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7659 Times on 4419 Posts
Likes Given: 9868

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I couldn't find it but will look again. It was cool and would be a heck of a way to hide a ding.
If you are thinking of hiding that bullet hole in the driver's door- you know, the .45 caliber hole that passes from the inside out? I'm thinking a step would not only look funny but it would prevent the window from rolling down.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #19762
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 671 Times on 447 Posts
Likes Given: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post
Thanks.. but nope, I need one for a 6 cyl....

Its the same as a AMC.. But those parts are harder to find than IH ones!

Old 01-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #19763
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
If you are thinking of hiding that bullet hole in the driver's door- you know, the .45 caliber hole that passes from the inside out? I'm thinking a step would not only look funny but it would prevent the window from rolling down.
Nah, that was a buddy's car.

Actually, four friends were in a different sentra when birthday boy had a ND that exited through his door. He then had the option of what was going in the trunk, him or the P95. Hole is still there, maybe a few stains too.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

eldarbeast Likes This 
Old 01-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #19764

Liked 944 Times on 692 Posts
Likes Given: 510

L M F A O
Epic ski boat with a 8.1 volvo/gm 502 big boy . V-drive transmission is full of milkshake .... '' water/oil mix '' and is knocking its ass off
Big toys+ Big problems = Very big money
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4560461802196&set=vb.1011068075&type=2 &theater

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #19765
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7659 Times on 4419 Posts
Likes Given: 9868

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
L M F A O
Epic ski boat with a 8.1 volvo/gm 502 big boy . V-drive transmission is full of milkshake .... '' water/oil mix '' and is knocking its ass off
Big toys+ Big problems = Very big money
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4560461802196&set=vb.1011068075&type=2 &theater
Years ago a buddy of mine and I were on Lake Tahoe and the boat started making a similar noise. We thought it was rod knock, but it turned out to be a U-joint on the short driveshaft to the jet pump. Ended up busting the joint out on the lake on a windy day. There were 4-foot waves with whitecaps and we ended up losing all power and drifting towards the rocks on the Nevada side of the lake. Out of nowhere this old codger in a vintage wood-hull boat pulls up and offers us a tow around the rocks, which we accepted. He got us to the closest beach, cast us off and disappeared. Literally. He disappeared. Later on we heard that he was a ghost of a guy who had died after crashing on those same rocks that he towed us clear of. At first we figured it was BS, but then we heard the story several more times from different people (including a Nevada State Parks Ranger who let us pull the boat out of the water on the beach there).

Good times!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:12 AM   #19766

Liked 205 Times on 154 Posts

This might not be proper thread but this is worth watching

Check out this video on YouTube:

Sent from my iPad

Old 01-13-2013, 04:35 AM   #19767

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

A friend and I got together today and decided it was nice enough to go shooting. I have some good news for Marlinman and anyone else that I talked to about using Loctite on my new Remington 870 Tactical. I decided to put some more lead down range again and kept an eye on the barrel clamp and choke tube to see if they would work loose again before I decided to go with applying any Loctite to them. I am happy to report that neither one moved at all during my time shooting it. I put about 30 or so rounds down range and there was no movement at all. I guess I just didn't tighten either one properly when I reassembled the shotgun after cleaning it my first time.

The good news is that now I don't need to use Loctite since I figured it out what was wrong. My shotgun also ran like a champ today with the exception of one misfeed, but I attribute that to user error on short shucking it more than anything since it rather easy to do with the Remingtons. While I have only put about 70 or so rounds through my 870, ,as of right now I am going to say that I am still one of the lucky 1 out of 1,000 who got a good shotgun as far as build quality is concerned. It might take another 100 to 200 rounds to know for certain, but so far I have a good feeling about my first shotgun purchase.

Both my friend and I shot various .22LRs, 9mms, and the like. I even borrowed my Mother's CCW pistol, the Sig Sauer P250, and color me impressed. Even though it is a DAO pistol with the typical heavy revolver-like trigger pull, I really liked the feel of it. Also, a gentlemen at the range had a Stevens 300 that he let me shoot as well. I must say that I am now officially hooked on bolt guns and might get me a Stevens 300 in the future (that Accutrigger is awesome ). Overall, it was a great day to go shooting and I had a lot of fun. Both my friend and I ended up staying at the range for over 4 hours.

I guess the moral of this little random thought for today is that despite all the political BS that is happening right now in the country just try to go out and live life. Sure things seem dark right now, but I say just enjoy what you like to do and don't let it keep you down.

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

People Like This 
Old 01-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #19768

Liked 205 Times on 154 Posts

I have been posting a lot on Facebook these last couple weeks about guns and the second amendment. This morning a woman who I went to school with messages me and says she has been on the fence about guns. She hasn't shot since she was little with her father. She is going to buy her first pistol now. She and her husband will be going to the range with me to try out a little variety

Old 01-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #19769

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Good deal.

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #19770
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2885 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
I have been posting a lot on Facebook these last couple weeks about guns and the second amendment. This morning a woman who I went to school with messages me and says she has been on the fence about guns. She hasn't shot since she was little with her father. She is going to buy her first pistol now. She and her husband will be going to the range with me to try out a little variety
Awesome, hopefully I'll be taking a friend of mine to the range some time next week to try some pistols and then out by the lake to shoot my Dad's shotgun.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.