Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1955
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 01:59 AM   #19541
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22397 Times on 12494 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I am going over there tomorrow to figure out what he's doing wrong. Considering the conversation I had with him today, I think it may be operator error...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Umm, this may be a dumb question, but did he turn the crank over without the oil pan installed? Or maybe he put the crank in backwards.
is he building a stroker motor? if so some crankshafts can have clearance issues with the block. if so the pefered method is to clearance the block, not the crank, unless he has the resources to have the crank rebalanced.

if it's a stock crank, then IDK! wrong crank in the wrong block?

Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #19542
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5778 Times on 3161 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

is he building a stroker motor? if so some crankshafts can have clearance issues with the block. if so the pefered method is to clearance the block, not the crank, unless he has the resources to have the crank rebalanced.

if it's a stock crank, then IDK! wrong crank in the wrong block?
I know, mine was scraping the edge of the oil pan gasket, I don't really know what he's doing... He didn't say anything about having it rebalanced.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/8th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-7-8-9-2016-a-118694/#post1778284

Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 AM   #19543
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1618 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2477

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I like to do Sudoku and crossword puzzles. I go to a dollar store to buy them because, well, their cheap there. I was at a dollar store named Deals last week with my granddaughter. They seriously had an aisle of Easter items for sale already. I'm not kidding. I was incredulous.
Why can't we have just ONE freakin' holiday AT A TIME?!?!

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:17 AM   #19544
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22397 Times on 12494 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
Why can't we have just ONE freakin' holiday AT A TIME?!?!
i know! several places here are already putting out Valentine's Day stuff as well as some Easter stuff!

Old 01-09-2013, 02:17 AM   #19545
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Mom had surgery today. There was a mass behind her eardrum, causing headaches and sinus problems, along with hearing problems. The surgery went fine. The worse possible outcome, hopefully, will be a slight hearing loss in that ear.

The doctors previously gave her multiple rounds of antibiotics, which led to her getting a bad multiple case of cdif and campybacteria, which I posted on here a few months ago. I can't remember the estimated number, but I think that 2/3 of antibiotics in this country are given to those who don't need them.
Here's to a complete recovery for her.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:27 AM   #19546
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i know! several places here are already putting out Valentine's Day stuff as well as some Easter stuff!
It always irritates the hell out of me to see Christmas displays before Halloween is dead.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 02:30 AM   #19547
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Caught my first fox this morning in the live trap. Something's been nabbing chickens lately. Ms Red Foxytail is probably one of the culprits. She's chilling in the freezer until we can get to the fur buyer on Saturday.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #19548

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Caught my first fox this morning in the live trap. Something's been nabbing chickens lately. Ms Red Foxytail is probably one of the culprits. She's chilling in the freezer until we can get to the fur buyer on Saturday.
Well did it taste like chicken??? Fox eats chickens you eat fox, taste like chicken???

Old 01-09-2013, 02:52 AM   #19549

Liked 863 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

Well did it taste like chicken??? Fox eats chickens you eat fox, taste like chicken???
Hmmmmm most things DO taste like chicken......interestin theory

Old 01-09-2013, 02:53 AM   #19550

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
As of november we have 68yotes, 15 bobcats, & 41 fox to take in, but I wont till season end graded pelts are goin high here this yr 52$ per full winter pelt yotes an big bucks for cats.