Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1954
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 12:58 AM   #19531
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
ever do one of those dumb, stupid, most bad, horrible things.. and before you realize what yor doining its over nad you act like it never happenened? yup, today i was a DUMBA$$! 100percent... want more info??
Public shart?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 01:06 AM   #19532
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3254 Times on 1805 Posts
Likes Given: 140

My friend is building an engine, and he thinks one of the counter weights on his crankshaft is hitting the side of the oil pan, so I got a phone call from him today. He said, "hey, could I just grind off that corner of the crankshaft?"
Does any one else see a problem here or is it just me? I don't think I should have to explain to someone, who thinks they can build an engine, why that is a bad idea....

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 01:06 AM   #19533
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

i had my cruise control set at 78. i was steadily coming up on a truck, i could see a semi in the right lane, but it was several hundred yards in front of us and i did what i NEVER do. instead of slightly slowing i figured well he hasnt moving so i'll go around. i put on the turn single and switched lanes from the left to the right. only to find myself a few feet from the back of an SUV that i hadn't scene moving slower.. so the only logical thing to do was what they do in the movies right?? i floored the gas, and swerved to the right... here i am pushing 90=95 on the shoulder passing 2 vehicles, cutting left in between the slow mover and a semi back to the left lane in front of the truck.. 2 seconds afterwards i was SCREAMING at myself for being a dumbA$$.. then i noticed i left ALL the cars several miles behind me before i relaxed off the gas...

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Last edited by jjfuller1; 01-09-2013 at 01:09 AM.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #19534

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
i had ym cruise control set at 78. i waS steadily coming up on a truck, i sould see a semi in the right lane, but it was several hundred yards in front of us and i did what i NEVER do. instead of slightly slowing i figured well he hasnt moving so i'll go around. i put on the turn single and switched lanes from the left to the right. only to find myself a few feet from the back of an SUV that i hadn't scene moving slower.. so the only logical thing to do was what they do in the movies right?? i floored the gas, and swerved to the right... here i am pushing 90=95 on the shoulder passing 2 vehicles, cutting left in between the slow mover and a semi back to the left lane in front of the truck.. 2 seconds afterwards i was SCREAMING at myself for being a dumbA$$.. then i noticed i left ALL the cars several miles behind me before i relaxed off the gas...
Good Marine......did you yell ooooh rah as you pulled said maneuver off successfully???

Old 01-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #19535

Liked 2455 Times on 1593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989
My friend is building an engine, and he thinks one of the counter weights on his crankshaft is hitting the side of the oil pan, so I got a phone call from him today. He said, "hey, could I just grind off that corner of the crankshaft?"
Does any one else see a problem here or is it just me? I don't think I should have to explain to someone, who thinks they can build an engine, why that is a bad idea....
That would work fine, if you want it to vibrate like a rigid mount Harley. Oversized oilpan?

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 01-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #19536
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
i had my cruise control set at 78. i was steadily coming up on a truck, i could see a semi in the right lane, but it was several hundred yards in front of us and i did what i NEVER do. instead of slightly slowing i figured well he hasnt moving so i'll go around. i put on the turn single and switched lanes from the left to the right. only to find myself a few feet from the back of an SUV that i hadn't scene moving slower.. so the only logical thing to do was what they do in the movies right?? i floored the gas, and swerved to the right... here i am pushing 90=95 on the shoulder passing 2 vehicles, cutting left in between the slow mover and a semi back to the left lane in front of the truck.. 2 seconds afterwards i was SCREAMING at myself for being a dumbA$$.. then i noticed i left ALL the cars several miles behind me before i relaxed off the gas...
I feel like this would have been funnier had you been pulled over... Because if I tried something like that I would have been pulled over.

buckhuntr Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #19537
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

inside.. i think i might have..

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #19538
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post

That would work fine, if you want it to vibrate like a rigid mount Harley. Oversized oilpan?
I am going over there tomorrow to figure out what he's doing wrong. Considering the conversation I had with him today, I think it may be operator error...

Old 01-09-2013, 01:46 AM   #19539
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8265 Times on 4776 Posts
Likes Given: 10681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Umm, this may be a dumb question, but did he turn the crank over without the oil pan installed? Or maybe he put the crank in backwards.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #19540
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Umm, this may be a dumb question, but did he turn the crank over without the oil pan installed? Or maybe he put the crank in backwards.
Haha I don't know. That's why I'm going to look at it...