Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1954
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 12:58 AM   #19531
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
ever do one of those dumb, stupid, most bad, horrible things.. and before you realize what yor doining its over nad you act like it never happenened? yup, today i was a DUMBA$$! 100percent... want more info??
Public shart?
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:06 AM   #19532
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 7,222
Liked 4360 Times on 2419 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Default

My friend is building an engine, and he thinks one of the counter weights on his crankshaft is hitting the side of the oil pan, so I got a phone call from him today. He said, "hey, could I just grind off that corner of the crankshaft?"
Does any one else see a problem here or is it just me? I don't think I should have to explain to someone, who thinks they can build an engine, why that is a bad idea....
__________________
3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Cinderocka1989 is offline  
bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:06 AM   #19533
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jjfuller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: a place between here and there.
Posts: 4,632
Liked 1244 Times on 809 Posts
Likes Given: 792

Default

i had my cruise control set at 78. i was steadily coming up on a truck, i could see a semi in the right lane, but it was several hundred yards in front of us and i did what i NEVER do. instead of slightly slowing i figured well he hasnt moving so i'll go around. i put on the turn single and switched lanes from the left to the right. only to find myself a few feet from the back of an SUV that i hadn't scene moving slower.. so the only logical thing to do was what they do in the movies right?? i floored the gas, and swerved to the right... here i am pushing 90=95 on the shoulder passing 2 vehicles, cutting left in between the slow mover and a semi back to the left lane in front of the truck.. 2 seconds afterwards i was SCREAMING at myself for being a dumbA$$.. then i noticed i left ALL the cars several miles behind me before i relaxed off the gas...
__________________
I have been a silent witness
to all of America's finest hours.
But my finest hour comes
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Last edited by jjfuller1; 01-09-2013 at 01:09 AM.
jjfuller1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #19534
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
i had ym cruise control set at 78. i waS steadily coming up on a truck, i sould see a semi in the right lane, but it was several hundred yards in front of us and i did what i NEVER do. instead of slightly slowing i figured well he hasnt moving so i'll go around. i put on the turn single and switched lanes from the left to the right. only to find myself a few feet from the back of an SUV that i hadn't scene moving slower.. so the only logical thing to do was what they do in the movies right?? i floored the gas, and swerved to the right... here i am pushing 90=95 on the shoulder passing 2 vehicles, cutting left in between the slow mover and a semi back to the left lane in front of the truck.. 2 seconds afterwards i was SCREAMING at myself for being a dumbA$$.. then i noticed i left ALL the cars several miles behind me before i relaxed off the gas...
Good Marine......did you yell ooooh rah as you pulled said maneuver off successfully???
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #19535
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,080
Liked 2821 Times on 1833 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989
My friend is building an engine, and he thinks one of the counter weights on his crankshaft is hitting the side of the oil pan, so I got a phone call from him today. He said, "hey, could I just grind off that corner of the crankshaft?"
Does any one else see a problem here or is it just me? I don't think I should have to explain to someone, who thinks they can build an engine, why that is a bad idea....
That would work fine, if you want it to vibrate like a rigid mount Harley. Oversized oilpan?
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #19536
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 7,222
Liked 4360 Times on 2419 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
i had my cruise control set at 78. i was steadily coming up on a truck, i could see a semi in the right lane, but it was several hundred yards in front of us and i did what i NEVER do. instead of slightly slowing i figured well he hasnt moving so i'll go around. i put on the turn single and switched lanes from the left to the right. only to find myself a few feet from the back of an SUV that i hadn't scene moving slower.. so the only logical thing to do was what they do in the movies right?? i floored the gas, and swerved to the right... here i am pushing 90=95 on the shoulder passing 2 vehicles, cutting left in between the slow mover and a semi back to the left lane in front of the truck.. 2 seconds afterwards i was SCREAMING at myself for being a dumbA$$.. then i noticed i left ALL the cars several miles behind me before i relaxed off the gas...
I feel like this would have been funnier had you been pulled over... Because if I tried something like that I would have been pulled over.
__________________
3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Cinderocka1989 is offline  
buckhuntr Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #19537
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jjfuller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: a place between here and there.
Posts: 4,632
Liked 1244 Times on 809 Posts
Likes Given: 792

Default

inside.. i think i might have..
__________________
I have been a silent witness
to all of America's finest hours.
But my finest hour comes
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
jjfuller1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #19538
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 7,222
Liked 4360 Times on 2419 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post

That would work fine, if you want it to vibrate like a rigid mount Harley. Oversized oilpan?
I am going over there tomorrow to figure out what he's doing wrong. Considering the conversation I had with him today, I think it may be operator error...
__________________
3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:46 AM   #19539
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
My friend is building an engine, and he thinks one of the counter weights on his crankshaft is hitting the side of the oil pan, so I got a phone call from him today. He said, "hey, could I just grind off that corner of the crankshaft?"
Does any one else see a problem here or is it just me? I don't think I should have to explain to someone, who thinks they can build an engine, why that is a bad idea....
Umm, this may be a dumb question, but did he turn the crank over without the oil pan installed? Or maybe he put the crank in backwards.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #19540
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 7,222
Liked 4360 Times on 2419 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Umm, this may be a dumb question, but did he turn the crank over without the oil pan installed? Or maybe he put the crank in backwards.
Haha I don't know. That's why I'm going to look at it...
__________________
3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM



Newest Threads