Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1952
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #19511
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Remind them Santa clause is watching
May be watching closely

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #19512

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Holllyyyyy crap . My first in dash navigation install with backup camera custom wired to toggle switch instead of reverse , illegal dvd mod to allow full functionality while driving , steering wheel control mod and just a massive jumble of wires , solder , electrical tape .

<------- the feeling when you turn they ignition key for the initial power up and there is NO fire or giant black cloud of smoke leaving the car dead . And everything functions the way it is suppose to .

*sigh* I can finally breathe again. Not to toot my own horn but .

" The boy is good "

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #19513

Liked 2394 Times on 1553 Posts

Mom had surgery today. There was a mass behind her eardrum, causing headaches and sinus problems, along with hearing problems. The surgery went fine. The worse possible outcome, hopefully, will be a slight hearing loss in that ear.

The doctors previously gave her multiple rounds of antibiotics, which led to her getting a bad multiple case of cdif and campybacteria, which I posted on here a few months ago. I can't remember the estimated number, but I think that 2/3 of antibiotics in this country are given to those who don't need them.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 01-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #19514

Liked 83 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Glad to hear the surgery went well primer. I agree about the doctors issuing antibiotics, way too many hand prescriptions for them like candy.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #19515

Liked 83 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
"Santa Claus, friendly old elf or CIA spook?" Calvin and Hobbes after listening to "Santa Claus is coming to town".

Old 01-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #19516
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Best wishes on a speedy recovery to her!

Quote:
The doctors previously gave her multiple rounds of antibiotics, which led to her getting a bad multiple case of cdif and campybacteria,...
Well, at least they took care of the cdiff for free, right? I bleve that is what Dad ended up with last year, most expensive prescription i have ever picked up in my life.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #19517

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Best wishes on a speedy recovery to her!

Well, at least they took care of the cdiff for free, right? I bleve that is what Dad ended up with last year, most expensive prescription i have ever picked up in my life.
For free my azz! That one prescription was like 5-6 thousand $. Thank god for insurance.

Thanks everyone!

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 01-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #19518
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7007 Times on 4214 Posts
Likes Given: 8433

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Nah winds , just leave the red one in and leave it on at night
I don't think so......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
So nice around the house now that the kids are starting to say NO! to everything we tell or ask them
Quote:
When my kids were little and driving me crazy, I would pick up the phone and tell them I'm calling Santa Claus. I would then dial my own number and talk to the busy signal. I would have a very interesting one sided conversation. They thought I was really talking to Santa Claus. I had all kinds of tricks up my sleeve. I also told them I could see around corners. When I'd hear them getting into something, I call from the other room, "Close that drawer (or whatever was appropriate)." They'd swear they were not in the drawer. I'd tell them I SAW them in the drawer from the other room. Then I'd describe what clothes they were wearing because I told them I could see them from the other room. They never thought it through that I was the one who helped them get dressed that morning. ROFL

Quote:
Mom had surgery today. There was a mass behind her eardrum, causing headaches and sinus problems, along with hearing problems. The surgery went fine. The worse possible outcome, hopefully, will be a slight hearing loss in that ear.
I hope your Mom recovers nicely with no ill affects at all.

Quote:
I can't remember the estimated number, but I think that 2/3 of antibiotics in this country are given to those who don't need them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post
I agree about the doctors issuing antibiotics, way too many hand prescriptions for them like candy.
I think antibiotics are over prescribed because so many patients go in and insist they want antibiotics because they want to feel better NOW. They argue with the doctor. My doctor is very 'stingy' with most medications.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 01-08-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #19519

Liked 3180 Times on 1768 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Quote:

For free my azz! That one prescription was like 5-6 thousand $. Thank god for insurance.

Thanks everyone!
Hopefully she heals up quickly.

I had a doctor who prescribed me amoxicillin a week after I'd had a fairly serious allergic reaction to a different penicillin based antibiotic... I found a new doctor...

I just had to look back through the DOT inspections I did yesterday and today to make sure I put the right year in the date, they were all right.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #19520

Thanks ladies.

I sent a check out already this year with 2012 on it. Last year I had a call from the credit card with the wrong year on the check, i had to say on the phone I did that while they recorded it lol

Feral cat waterboarder