Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1944
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #19431
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3216 Times on 1785 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Okay, for the record...
Since I know it was mentioned in the drinking thread, I kinda broke Cinder's gun. Not really broke though. The trigger bar spring jumped. The internals were completely coated in grease, to the point of just being nasty, so I disassembled it, no problem, we cleaned it, and while reassembling it, putting the ejector and sear back in, that's what happened. Now the trigger bar hangs as limp as a boiled spaghetti noodle. The bar spring is supposed to press the bar upwards.

And now I'm smoking a cigar. And drinking a beer.
And for the record he's more upset about it than I am...
And I asked him to take it apart...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Last edited by Cinderocka1989; 01-06-2013 at 12:46 AM.
bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 01-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #19432

Liked 2378 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Long day today, slow start, 2 hours late to the farm to shoot, as the song goes, waiting on a woman.

Anyhow, had a lot of fun! Was busy teaching my wife how to shoot a variety of different guns. She did very well! Started with her .22 rifle, our friends .22 semi auto pistol, then a .380 kahr sub compact, then shot her .410 for the first time, it scared the hell out of her! Lol, made sure I prepared her as much as possible!

After that she shot a mag from the AR, thankfully she wasn't a huge fan, and won't be stealing it.

Lots of different guns were fired with many calibers, it was a lot of fun. My wife shot well and learned some more today while having fun. Her friend and her, were shooting cans with the .22 pistol and rifles at 25 yards making them dance.

People tried calibers they never have before and had fun. I rattled the county with the mosin lol, let the sks loose and shot cans with the AR at 175+- yards. Got my buddies .243 zeroed with his new scope.

Great day, now have our friends over having a couple drinks and have a deer roast stuffed with onions, bell peppers, kielbasa, and BACON in ye oven. Happy, happy, happy

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-06-2013, 01:00 AM   #19433

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Long day today, slow start, 2 hours late to the farm to shoot, as the song goes, waiting on a woman.

Anyhow, had a lot of fun! Was busy teaching my wife how to shoot a variety of different guns. She did very well! Started with her .22 rifle, our friends .22 semi auto pistol, then a .380 kahr sub compact, then shot her .410 for the first time, it scared the hell out of her! Lol, made sure I prepared her as much as possible!

After that she shot a mag from the AR, thankfully she wasn't a huge fan, and won't be stealing it.

Lots of different guns were fired with many calibers, it was a lot of fun. My wife shot well and learned some more today while having fun. Her friend and her, were shooting cans with the .22 pistol and rifles at 25 yards making them dance.

People tried calibers they never have before and had fun. I rattled the county with the mosin lol, let the sks loose and shot cans with the AR at 175+- yards. Got my buddies .243 zeroed with his new scope.

Great day, now have our friends over having a couple drinks and have a deer roast stuffed with onions, bell peppers, kielbasa, and BACON in ye oven. Happy, happy, happy
Sooooo jealous!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 02:50 AM   #19434

Liked 705 Times on 434 Posts
Likes Given: 1695

Quote:

Rub it in, I spent 10 hours at the office today. At least I got fed - my boss brought in fancy donuts for breakfast, and the department head brought in pulled pork and fixins from the best bbq joint in town, for lunch. Got to go back in tomorrow too.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:56 AM   #19435

Liked 2378 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Sorry to hear about work. I do believe that was the best roast I've ever had hands down. Dear god that was delicious.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:08 AM   #19436

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Man, with all this doomsday talk of the White House shoving through gun legislation as early as January 15th I am beginning to wonder if the Mayans were right afterall, but were off by just a month on that prediction.

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Last edited by Major Kusanagi; 01-06-2013 at 04:10 AM.
eldarbeast Likes This 
Old 01-06-2013, 04:18 AM   #19437

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

What is HJ RES 15?

Old 01-06-2013, 04:20 AM   #19438

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
What is HJ RES 15?
Oh wait, I found it.

http://www.examiner.com/article/president-obama-could-get-3-terms-if-h-j-res-15-abolishes-term-limits

Old 01-06-2013, 04:21 AM   #19439
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3216 Times on 1785 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Quote:
Sorry to hear about work. I do believe that was the best roast I've ever had hands down. Dear god that was delicious.
Now you're just being mean

I'm glad you got to spend some time with your wife.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:50 AM   #19440

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

If you think that is messed up Trip, did you know that more people in America are killed with blunt objects such as hammers and baseball bats than guns? Now where's my hammer.....

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin