Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1923
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #19221
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
There seems to be a strange glow in the sky towards West Monroe La tonight.
LOLz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:54 AM   #19222
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Do you guys remember that char that someone posted awhile back? It was about the top ten causes of death, and was from the FBI and Center for disease control. I can't find it.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #19223
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Zombiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest,Indiana
Posts: 4,126
Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
Do you guys remember that char that someone posted awhile back? It was about the top ten causes of death, and was from the FBI and Center for disease control. I can't find it.
I took a screen shot when I saw it a while back to save. This one?



image-1827792326.jpg
Zombiegirl is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:20 AM   #19224
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Do you guys remember that char that someone posted awhile back? It was about the top ten causes of death, and was from the FBI and Center for disease control. I can't find it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I took a screen shot when I saw it a while back to save. This one?



Attachment 76961
sorry but that is not entirely accurate ... as of 2009 firearms related deaths do not even rank in the top 15

see page 1 - http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr60/nvsr60_03.pdf
__________________
Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD
dog2000tj is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:37 AM   #19225
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
downsouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,009
Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default

Service Vets, did you ever see this sign over in afganistan ? I mean the Government is all about gun free zones overhere.



.facebook_642759249.jpg
__________________
NEVER FORGET
downsouth is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:46 AM   #19226
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I took a screen shot when I saw it a while back to save. This one?



Attachment 76961
That was it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
sorry but that is not entirely accurate ... as of 2009 firearms related deaths do not even rank in the top 15

see page 1 - http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr60/nvsr60_03.pdf
I can't pull that up for some reason.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #19227
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default They Said It Couldn't Be Done

They said that it could not be done,
He said "Just let me try."
They said, "Other men have tried and failed,"
He answered, "But not I."
They said, "It is impossible,"
He said, "There's no such word."
He closed his mind, he closed his heart...
To everything he heard.

He said, "Within the heart of man,
There is a tiny seed.
It grows until it blossoms,
It's called the will to succeed.
Its roots are strength, its stem is hope,
Its petals inspiration,
Its thorns protect its strong green leaves,
With grim determination.

"Its stamens are its skills
Which help to shape each plan,
For there's nothing in the universe
Beyond the scope of man."
They thought that it could not be done,
Some even said they knew it,
But he faced up to what could not be done...
And he couldn't bloody do it!

By Alfred Hawthorne Hill
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #19228
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Balota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Glenpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,565
Liked 3340 Times on 2019 Posts
Likes Given: 3183

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
They said that it could not be done,
He said "Just let me try."
They said, "Other men have tried and failed,"
He answered, "But not I."
They said, "It is impossible,"
He said, "There's no such word."
He closed his mind, he closed his heart...
To everything he heard.

He said, "Within the heart of man,
There is a tiny seed.
It grows until it blossoms,
It's called the will to succeed.
Its roots are strength, its stem is hope,
Its petals inspiration,
Its thorns protect its strong green leaves,
With grim determination.

"Its stamens are its skills
Which help to shape each plan,
For there's nothing in the universe
Beyond the scope of man."
They thought that it could not be done,
Some even said they knew it,
But he faced up to what could not be done...
And he couldn't bloody do it!

By Alfred Hawthorne Hill
I prefer the very short version that can be found in Cinder's signature. "Know your limits, exceed them often!"
__________________
Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
Balota is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #19229
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Balota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Glenpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,565
Liked 3340 Times on 2019 Posts
Likes Given: 3183

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Headed to the airport.
Remember, Trip, "Moderation in all things ... including moderation!"
__________________
Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
Balota is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #19230
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
readygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,238
Liked 744 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Default

Smith & Wesson Model 29.
__________________
The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......
readygirl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM



Newest Threads