Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1910
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #19091
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4141 Times on 2295 Posts
Likes Given: 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post
Why do peanuts that are roasted and salted in the shell taste so much better than peanuts from a can or bottle?
Shelled peanuts in a can are greasy..

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
JSStryker Likes This 
Old 12-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #19092
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22220 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Shelled peanuts in a can are greasy..
the peanut shells absorb the oils in the peanut? just a guess.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #19093

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Talking about a blizzard here tonight and tomorrow- - - up to 14" and hard winds.

But I've heard this talk before.

Still I put the plows on both trucks and have one backed in at the gravel pit and the other at the south workshop so they will have clear windows if needed.

Only thought to take pictures of one but they are twins.

First picture is me getting ready, second shows only single axels, third in the shed ready for whatever we get.
truck-driver.jpg   right-side.jpg   ready-snow.jpg  

Old 12-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #19094
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4141 Times on 2295 Posts
Likes Given: 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

the peanut shells absorb the oils in the peanut? just a guess.
I don't know... I think the shelled ones may be cooked in oil. I know peanuts naturally have oils in them, but it seems strange that if cooking them brings the oil out, why wouldn't the ones inside the shell be oily too?

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #19095

Liked 85 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
I don't know... I think the shelled ones may be cooked in oil. I know peanuts naturally have oils in them, but it seems strange that if cooking them brings the oil out, why wouldn't the ones inside the shell be oily too?
Maybe they use a dry roasting method on in-the-shells? All I know is they are goood and a bit on the messy side to eat (the shells and the skins go everywhere)!

Old 12-25-2012, 11:26 PM   #19096
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22220 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
IIRC, some of those i buy around here where i live are boiled in a salt water solution. i'll have to check into it further to be sure.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #19097
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 321 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Million & one ways to cook & process peanuts. I used to like the red skin Spanish peanuts. Boiled peanuts are popular in the South. Planters has the dry roasting down to a science and they are not greasy. Great source of protein.

I utilize the protein ( in peanut butter) to slow down carb absorption for type II diabetes.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:59 AM   #19098

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I got a 650 rounds of ammo (a combo of .22LR, 9mm, and 12 Gauge) and a boresnake for Christmas. Yea!

Old 12-26-2012, 02:08 AM   #19099
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 902 Times on 560 Posts
Likes Given: 1848

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Stryker, i don't know why, but they do for some reason. i prefer them in the shell myself, because they do taste better.
Unless they've been roasted so long ago they're stale. Bought some like that recently. The goats didn't even want 'em.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:13 AM   #19100
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 902 Times on 560 Posts
Likes Given: 1848

For almost a week the NWS was predicting a major winter storm for my part of Oklahoma, to hit early this morning and drop sleet and snow. So what do we get? a tiny bit of freezing drizzle before dawn today, then nothing but cold winds all friggin' day! Jeez, if it's going to be bone-chilling cold, at least drop some damn snow to brighten the looks of the landscape.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.