Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1905
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #19041
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

Not you... Downsouth made me smile. Twice even
Ah ok....he IS funny like that just kiddin DS. You are actually pretty cool.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:33 AM   #19042

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

WARNING: RANT INCOMING
Just wanted to Bitch a moment.
People ask me "why aren't you done with Christmas shopping? Why haven't you done (insert menial bull **** here)? Why haven't you washed clothes?" And then sometimes go on to say, "you've got it easy, all you so is work and go home..."

Well fugg those people with a big fat one. This paycheck, I'll have 100 hours of regular time, 30 or so of overtime.
Last paycheck? 96 regular, 27 OT
One before? 80 regular, 58 OT.

Yeah, I may do nothing but work and go home. But I'm ****ing tired. Not just tired, I'm ****ing tired. I'm doing it because life sucks. Bills suck. I get paid just over minimum wage. What's the average wage at Walmart? McDonalds? Kroger? 7/11? About $1 more than I make.

The next mother fugger to ask me why I can't get anything done, and why I do nothing but sleep at home, is going to lose some fugging teeth.

I work 16 hour shifts regularly.that leaves 8 out of a 24 hour day. Count on 1 for the personal stuff alone (shower, throne room), 1 for meal times, 1 for getting Sue his bedtime story and in bed, and that's if I don't have errands or grocery shopping to do. 5 hours. A man can't maintain a fugging life when he can only put 5 hors to it, BEFORE accounting for a time to sleep.

End rant.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #19043

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Hopefully you get Christmas off, so toucan rest.

Unless you work at some a$$wipe place like Khols that makes you work on Christmas

Old 12-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #19044

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
Hopefully you get Christmas off, so toucan rest.

Unless you work at some a$$wipe place like Khols that makes you work on Christmas
I work for West Monroe. Water treatment and distribution, and folks don't stop using water for holidays. I do get to take my boy to work with me. We just got done with a ten hour shift, and tomorrow we get to do ten more. But, my boss is doing it too. He's who we relieved today, and who we're relieving tomorrow.

At least the boy can sleep at the office. And the kid may just stay with my sister tomorrow while I work.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #19045
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8403 Times on 5022 Posts
Likes Given: 10921

Trip, are they short staffed where you work? That's a lot of hours.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #19046

Liked 146 Times on 99 Posts

I am drunk as f*k. Merry Christmas all. I enjoy my time and our conversations here greatly and I hope you do too!!

Old 12-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #19047
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4102 Times on 2274 Posts
Likes Given: 179

I think my Dad is crazy... I wake up in the middle of the night because I hear someone out in the snow in front of my bedroom window. So, I get up, get my gun out, go out to see if my little brother had gone out his bedroom window. I see the door to our storage room open, so I go to see who is in there and look out the window and there's my Dad out in the backyard in the middle of the freaking night trying to get my dog to sleep in his doghouse.... If the dog were really that cold, I think he'd figure it out...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Last edited by Cinderocka1989; 12-25-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #19048

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
I think my Dad is crazy... I wake up in the middle of the night because I hear someone out in the snow in front of my bedroom window. So, I get up, get my gun out, go out to see if my little brother had gone out his bedroom window. I see the door to our storage room open, so I go to see who is in there and look out the window and there's my Dad out in the backyard in the middle of the freaking night trying to get my dog to sleep in his doghouse.... If the dog were really that cold, I think he'd figure it out...
Your dad is just a really compassionate guy!

You're so lucky!

Sto lat!

eldar

Old 12-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Trip, are they short staffed where you work? That's a lot of hours.
We were. Two new guys started their first day of training yesterday (Monday). We can get away with 3 guys (what we have now). 4 makes life easier, five (how many we'll have with these two new guys) means that I'm about to get all the time off that I want, and probably more than I can afford.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #19050

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
My wife used to do that with the horses when it rained- She just couldn't stand the thought of them gettin wet when they had perfectly gud dry stalls

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET