Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1896
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #18951
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

I asked him what he thinks would happen if we all had "real" machine guns (I explained what exactly makes a machine gun).

He says, "Nothing"

Me: You don't think people will run around killing each other?

Sue: No.

Me: Why not?

Sue: Why would they? Just because the gun is there?

Me: Some people think so...

Sue: Well some people are stoopid...

Me: But what would stop people from killing each other with machine guns?

Sue: You have a gun. You don't kill people. (Downsouth) has a gun, he don't kill people. Aunt (my sister) has a gun, she doesn't kill people. Granny has a gun, she don't kill people either. Everybody I know has a gun, and none of them kill people... Why would people kill other people just because the gun they have shoots faster?




I believe my seven year old has more "horse sense" than the entire democratic party combined...

__________________
trip286 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #18952
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post

Thats just wrong
Yes yes tis.......I'm guessing that's another one of your nastier hobbies old and sarcastic one??? Shootin fishie tacos????
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #18953
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I asked him what he thinks would happen if we all had "real" machine guns (I explained what exactly makes a machine gun).

He says, "Nothing"

Me: You don't think people will run around killing each other?

Sue: No.

Me: Why not?

Sue: Why would they? Just because the gun is there?

Me: Some people think so...

Sue: Well some people are stoopid...

Me: But what would stop people from killing each other with machine guns?

Sue: You have a gun. You don't kill people. (Downsouth) has a gun, he don't kill people. Aunt (my sister) has a gun, she doesn't kill people. Granny has a gun, she don't kill people either. Everybody I know has a gun, and none of them kill people... Why would people kill other people just because the gun they have shoots faster?

I believe my seven year old has more "horse sense" than the entire democratic party combined...
I have to agree-he has more sense period. Not just more than Dems neither, most adults period lack what he has
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #18954
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
So, to clarify, you quit on the principle that if they require membership then that is unacceptable?
Absolutely correct.

It is also counterproductive promotion and bad business. As indicated most shooters are not members of the NRA so forcing a local club's members to join NRA is antithetical to promoting the mission of the NRA to those who have a very vested interest in them (as you lose some of your prospective audience no matter what). It also loses actual or future local club members who just don't want to renew/join the NRA and/or reject being forced to do one thing to do another. So, the local club loses many potential members for its own sake which has to come first.
__________________

Last edited by HockaLouis; 12-23-2012 at 02:05 PM.
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #18955
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Yes yes tis.......I'm guessing that's another one of your nastier hobbies old and sarcastic one??? Shootin fishie tacos????
Only tha ones made from real Mexican fishies
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #18956
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post

Only tha ones made from real Mexican fishies
Mexico has fishies????? Oh nevermind you mean the river jumpin fishies.....gotcha
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #18957
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Okay, I figured it out. After 16 years of being divorced my ex in-laws can STILL drive me nuts. I texted my kids to see if they knew what it was about. My ex-MIL had an 80th birthday party this past summer. Their family is LARGE. My ex has 10 brothers and sisters himself and the family goes on from there forever. My ex doesn't even know all his aunts, uncles, cousins. Anyway, my address is still on the in-laws list of contacts from when my kids were young and still living at home. Since I kept my ex's last name when we divorced many think I'm "one of them". This card sender is my MIL's cousin. Apparently she is just sending cards to everyone on the address list because she doesn't know my from Adam. She apparently thinks she met me at the 80th birthday party along with my kids. I haven't been to a "**** family function in eighteen years.
Ooo, ooo...
Send her a gushing card back and strike up a long distance relationship based on -- nothing.
__________________
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #18958
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
...I believe my seven year old has more "horse sense" than the entire democratic party combined...
Just keep a claw hammer out of her hand in a freezing rain?
__________________
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #18959
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Mexico has fishies????? Oh nevermind you mean the river jumpin fishies.....gotcha
Need coffee?
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #18960
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Just keep a claw hammer out of her hand in a freezing rain?
That's his hands. Sue has more sense than YOU hock.
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM