Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #18831
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Believe it or not, but Cane "inspired" me to get a 1911 last year (along with CA357, JD, and a few others). In fact, the 1911 Cane "suggested" I get I ended up buying and have no regrets in doing so. In fact, it is my favorite gun in my entire collection to this day. Let's give three cheers for Cane, a truly inspirational member of our lovely forum and the 1911 ownership movement.

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Old 12-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #18832

Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

spending time with Cane would be an interesting experiance, between his knowledge and humour, i can imagine it would never be boring! i too would like to spend time with him, and to soak up some his knowledge of the 1911 platform. as much as i do know about the 1911's, i realize that cane is many years ahead of me in them, and i would enjoy time spent talking about them and learning from him. plus i would love to droool, er, i mean veiw his collection of 1911's as well!

well, my random thought for today. i had to take today off and cut up a huge pine tree that fell on our house last night. several limbs punctured the roof in several places and part of the trunk came through the bedroom wall. it got knocked over in a huge windstorm going through our area last night. my wife was in bed when it came crashing down, right above her. nobady was hurt, just shaken up a little. luckily it didn't rain for long and we didn't get too much water in the house. i have to go back to WalMart and get a larger tarp than the one i bought this morning to cover up the damage until we can get it properly repaired by a contractor. so my stress level will increase probably over the next few weeks until we get this behind us. just taking a short break as the big chain saw i borrowed from work is one heavy bastard! more later!
See you shoulda had me cut it while I was down there and then you wouldn't be straining your old body weilding that 311 stihl

Old 12-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #18833

Liked 616 Times on 413 Posts
Likes Given: 578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Thinking of trying to trade my '03 for a Garand... I dont really want to trade it, but I have a case full of bolt actions and really really want "my" Garand..
Maybe theres somebody looking for a '03 that happens to have that old piece of "farm equipment" lyin' around....

What do you guys think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
It is never good to make a deal in desperation. Simmer down and wait.
I know I should wait, but Im starting to get bored of the speed and monotony of the bolt action..
The whole:
Acquire sight picture, Bang!, cycle bolt, reacquire sight picture, Bang!, cycle bolt, reacquire sight picture, Bang!, cycle bolt, reacquire sight picture, Bang!, cycle bolt, reacquire sight picture, Bang!, open bolt, insert clip, push rounds in, remove clip, close bolt, repeat.

Much rather have; Acquire sight picture, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Ping!, insert clip, ram bolt "home", repeat..

Seems a bit simpler....
Just sayin'

Old 12-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #18834
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7332 Times on 4250 Posts
Likes Given: 9444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
I know I should wait, but Im starting to get bored of the speed and monotony of the bolt action..
The whole:
Acquire sight picture, Bang!, cycle bolt, reacquire sight picture, Bang!, cycle bolt, reacquire sight picture, Bang!, cycle bolt, reacquire sight picture, Bang!, cycle bolt, reacquire sight picture, Bang!, open bolt, insert clip, push rounds in, remove clip, close bolt, repeat.

Much rather have; Acquire sight picture, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Ping!, insert clip, ram bolt "home", repeat..

Seems a bit simpler....
Just sayin'
Yes, but if you trade your '03 in then you won't be able to shoot them side by side for comparison! Plus, my '03 is my hunting rifle, the Garand is for at the range.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #18835

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

All this talk about '03s and Garands makes me a sad panda. Why did I have to become a military historian again?

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Trez Likes This 
Old 12-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #18836
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16825 Times on 9750 Posts
Likes Given: 43881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
See you shoulda had me cut it while I was down there and then you wouldn't be straining your old body weilding that 311 stihl
not the MS311! i borrowed the MS660 with a 40" bar. it cut up that pine tree like a hot knife through soft butter! if the dang thing wasn't so expensive and i actually had a need for it more than once in a blue moon, i might buy one.

WOC, yes the insurance agent has been contacted and we have to get some quotes from a few contractors and they are suppose to be sending a claims adjuster to appraise the cost of repairs.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #18837
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6112 Times on 3703 Posts
Likes Given: 6918

Do you all know how much more work I would get done around the house if I didn't keep stopping to see what was new on FTF?

Old 12-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #18838
FTF_MODERATOR.png

These pictures are very funny.

http://now.msn.com/perfectly-timed-photos-a-photo-gallery-of-photos-taken-at-the-right-place-right-time

Old 12-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #18839

Liked 850 Times on 617 Posts
Likes Given: 480

Yea , I m one golf cart richer and 590.00 poorer with hopes of being 2k richer soon .
Got her cleaned up , pull the fuel and clean the carb and off we go and its a 4 seater .
Kinda hate to sell the nice stuff and keep the chit but nice stuff brings more money . I may just keep it till times get real tight and let her go , we'll see , I am liking it REAL good right now , its nice to have something decent every now and then

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #18840
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
its nice to have something decent every now and then
That's the truth.