Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1878
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #18771
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

OD Green a blued gun? I wouldn't do it if I were you. My vote goes to a 10mm 1911.

-Matt

Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #18772

Liked 2470 Times on 1604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
So, i just got a small and unexpected Christmas bonus. What should i get; i want it all: .308 bolt gun, VZ58 rifle, glock 20c, some 1911 in 10mm (can't afford the STI), a crapload of ammo, even more pistol mags, veggie MRE's, or get my CZ75 & GP100 cerakoted in OD green? Maybe a remote-controlled deer decoy for weekend fun? What's a redneck to do?

I haven't had a gokart in a while, but i don't think i could get in one anymore.
308 bolt, or keep saving for the sti

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 12-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #18773
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8311 Times on 4803 Posts
Likes Given: 10772

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
So, i just got a small and unexpected Christmas bonus. What should i get; i want it all: .308 bolt gun, VZ58 rifle, glock 20c, some 1911 in 10mm (can't afford the STI), a crapload of ammo, even more pistol mags, veggie MRE's, or get my CZ75 & GP100 cerakoted in OD green? Maybe a remote-controlled deer decoy for weekend fun? What's a redneck to do?

I haven't had a gokart in a while, but i don't think i could get in one anymore.
Maybe a bear gun would be in order? How about a 1895G Marlin in 45/70?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #18774

Liked 1102 Times on 798 Posts
Likes Given: 565

No the arisaka is all original minus a screw but it not number matching AT ALL .
The guys in town have the 7.??? for the jap guns but not sure if thats what it takes . I have to dremel out a pocket on the bolt assy , there is a notch on the bottom of the bolt that does not line up by about 1-2mm so i just need to enlarge it a tiny bit so it will let the trigger drop . If you look in the receiver in front of the trigger you will see a small pin the comes up when you pull the trigger , i guess its to help hole the bolt in place but either way it wont line up .
The barrel , when screwed all the way in , the sight is 90 degrees off and i dont want to play with the head space any so i may have to re align the sight on it .
In all reality the gun should prob be kept hanging where it was on the wall , there is practically no rifling left or its filled in with gunk or rust , the chamber looks .... ok but as high as the ammo is its a shoot one or 2 times a years gun .

Gun shop was packed to day , 3 couples were in there buying a his and hers glock and about another dozen waiting to buy , i was a bit shocked at the number of people buying today .

Sister had her gastric bypass this morning and should come home tomar .
Bout time she had it , she has always been huge . Over 6ft and at least 350lbs , we call her the amazon women . Maybe now she will get some confidence and a date

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #18775

Liked 740 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
No the arisaka is all original minus a screw but it not number matching AT ALL .
The guys in town have the 7.??? for the jap guns but not sure if thats what it takes . I have to dremel out a pocket on the bolt assy , there is a notch on the bottom of the bolt that does not line up by about 1-2mm so i just need to enlarge it a tiny bit so it will let the trigger drop . If you look in the receiver in front of the trigger you will see a small pin the comes up when you pull the trigger , i guess its to help hole the bolt in place but either way it wont line up .
The barrel , when screwed all the way in , the sight is 90 degrees off and i dont want to play with the head space any so i may have to re align the sight on it .
In all reality the gun should prob be kept hanging where it was on the wall , there is practically no rifling left or its filled in with gunk or rust , the chamber looks .... ok but as high as the ammo is its a shoot one or 2 times a years gun .
Post some pics MM.... Im pretty good at telling them apart..
Be careful, it could be a trainer, most had smoothbores and were only meant to fire blanks
If its a trainer, DONT SHOOT IT!! It will go BOOM!

Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #18776
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Post some pics MM.... Im pretty good at telling them apart..
I was pretty sure you were talking about his Amazon for a minute there!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

MobileMarine Likes This 
Old 12-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #18777

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Worked straight thru lunch so I could come in the house and get some work done on the computer - - - Went to wash my hands, no water!!!!

247V at the pressure switch, 247V at the pit less adapter - - - off to get a new Meyers pump $228.47 and pull the old one, plumb it up down the well - - - no water.

Pull it back out and find a blown part in the insulation on one wire, splice kit and back in the well.

Water looks like orange paint for about 30 minutes then clear so I turned the house back on.

I guess I have a spare pump now!

Now to work late into the night to get the paper work caught up!!!

Old 12-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #18778
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7174 Times on 4318 Posts
Likes Given: 8753

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Sister had her gastric bypass this morning and should come home tomar .
Bout time she had it , she has always been huge . Over 6ft and at least 350lbs , we call her the amazon women . Maybe now she will get some confidence and a date
Well, calling her Amazon Woman couldn't have done much for her confidence. I hope she does get some dates. Did she have gastric bypass, lap banding or Roux-en-Y?

Old 12-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #18779

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Nah, it's enough for one of those items, maybe a little left for ammo.
The GP100 is the 6" blued model.

Major, i like the way you think.

Of course, i could wrangle that Ruger Redhawk from my nephew...
I have my moments.

I'd still get the VZ58 if it was me. That is on my top five list of rifles I'd love to have in my collection.

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Old 12-19-2012, 01:19 AM   #18780
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8311 Times on 4803 Posts
Likes Given: 10772

Quote:
Nah, it's enough for one of those items, maybe a little left for ammo.
The GP100 is the 6" blued model.
Why the Hell would you make any blued gun OD? I mean, yeah, it would be unique. But unique in a bad way IMO. I wonder if you could get graphics on it so it looks like a pickle?