Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #18601
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,370
Liked 2381 Times on 1546 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Dad had Cdiff last year after some other digestive problems. It took a while for him to get over it. He had some other issues at the same time; he is in his upper seventies.

I saw an article discussing a poop transplant as a potential treatment. This is not the one i saw: http://scienceblogs.com/aetiology/2007/12/17/fecal-transplants-to-cure-clos/ Perhaps one of your relatives could "give a $hit"?

Dad was over it by the time i saw the article; he didn't seem very interested in this treatment anyway. IIRC, one of his prescriptions was over $500, AFTER his insurance paid its part.
Yeah, the last round of antibiotics they gave my mom was the strongest available. I think they said it was $6k or something like that. Eeek.
__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #18602
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Yeah, the last round of antibiotics they gave my mom was the strongest available. I think they said it was $6k or something like that. Eeek.
Supposedly, Dad's Cdiff was related to some major antibiotics used to treat a prior issue he was being treated for.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #18603
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

I think I might take up knitting.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #18604
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I think I might take up knitting.
My sister is really into it; i asked her if she could knit with wire.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #18605
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,370
Liked 2381 Times on 1546 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Supposedly, Dad's Cdiff was related to some major antibiotics used to treat a prior issue he was being treated for.
The only way to get cdiff is to have recently had antibiotics. My mom had some sinus problems, all they would do is give her effin antibiotics. Long story short: she has had a growth for years, its inbetween her inner ear and sinus cavity. She gets operated on after the holidays.
__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #18606
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,363
Liked 1039 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 538

Default

My wife is mean .... just mean . She knows how much I love yoo-hoo in the can but the problem is , yoo-hoo makes me doo-doo . I compare it to a .44 mag going though your gut , about the same speed and velocity but more grains

Dang it , if you dont fall out on this somethin is wrong with you !

__________________

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

MobileMarine is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #18607
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jjfuller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: a place between here and there.
Posts: 4,418
Liked 1126 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 649

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
The only way to get cdiff is to have recently had antibiotics. My mom had some sinus problems, all they would do is give her effin antibiotics. Long story short: she has had a growth for years, its inbetween her inner ear and sinus cavity. She gets operated on after the holidays.
no, you can also get it if you come in contact with it.. so if some one has it, and you have to clean up the little brown spots, you can potentienly get it just like you can get any other sickness.. its not airborne though. it is 100% contact.
__________________
I have been a silent witness
to all of America's finest hours.
But my finest hour comes
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
jjfuller1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #18608
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
My wife is mean .... just mean . She knows how much I love yoo-hoo in the can but the problem is , yoo-hoo makes me doo-doo . I compare it to a .44 mag going though your gut , about the same speed and velocity but more grains

Dang it , if you dont fall out on this somethin is wrong with you !
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B52L95xRYFs
Thank you for reminding me. I'll be getting a couple cases tomorrow.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #18609
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,668
Liked 6962 Times on 4188 Posts
Likes Given: 8380

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Perhaps one of your relatives could "give a $hit"?
ROFLMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Yeah, the last round of antibiotics they gave my mom was the strongest available. I think they said it was $6k or something like that. Eeek.
Yes, that will certainly do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
no, you can also get it if you come in contact with it.. so if some one has it, and you have to clean up the little brown spots, you can potentienly get it just like you can get any other sickness.. its not airborne though. it is 100% contact.
This is 100% correct. Cdiff can overtake if one is on strong or prolonged antibiotics but then it can be transmitted by contact and inadvertent ingestion.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #18610
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
downsouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,009
Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default

Making gumbo, 1st step 30 minutes of baby sitting the rue.

__________________

NEVER FORGET

downsouth is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM



Newest Threads