Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1847
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #18461
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

I won't be signing for him to join earlier like my parents did though. If he wants to do it, and he's already said he does, he's gonna have to wait until he turns 18 and do it completely on his own. I won't help him.

My mom told me all about it. She was terrified everyday I was overseas, that something would happen and she'd feel guilty because she signed off on me joining at 17 instead of making me wait, and possibly changing my mind (I wouldn't have).

But I'll be damned if I'll allow that weight on my shoulders. But I will encourage it. You know as well as anyone, for people like us, a lot of times it's the only real opportunity we have at making a better life for ourselves.
Sic vis pocum parabellem comes to mind. Its our way of life and it is how we think. Ya I'm not encouraging Bo but he's been saying for months he's going to the Suck as a kickass take names Oooooh Rah yelling Gyrine like his hero. My mom told me whem I was 17 that if that was my choice I would leave asap. I made that choice after I got my associates degree......technically I made it my senior year bc I knew the degree would help me w my MOS.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #18462
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22234 Times on 12459 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Why do full size gm trucks like fuel pumps soo much ? Tahoe is down again , 10psi of fuel pressure aint gone cut it .
F-350 is down too , fuel issues with that too , thinks its the 40.00 filter Im going to take off anf put a fuel water separator for a boat on there that take 5.00 screw on filter vrs 40.00 .
Gotta get the tahoe running tomar so I can drive fast and listen to this totally awesome song . Dont know why This song makes me wanna haul ass in some snow in a tahoe or burban
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSynDh_K0EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Did you replace the relay when you replaced the pump, a stuck relay will burn up a first pump pretty quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy60 View Post
Check the pigtail where it plugs in at the pump too. Not sure what year yours is but there was a GM TSB on the terminals spreading in the pigtail causing excessive resistance (therefore increased heat) causing the pumps to burn up prematurely.
another cause of premature fuel pump failure is low fuel level and restricted fuel fuel filters. the fuel pump is designed to be cooled by the fuel in the tank and low fuel level will cause it to run hotter than normal. i usually put fuel in mine at least when it reaches a quarter a tank. a dirty fuel filter causes restriction that makes the pump have to work harder. many of the newer trucks and cars now don't even have a fuel filter anymore. the only one is the sock on the bottom of the fuel pump.

Cinder and BigDaddy, good suggestions as both of those also can cause the fuel pump to fail prematurely as well.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #18463
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4148 Times on 2297 Posts
Likes Given: 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy60 View Post
Check the pigtail where it plugs in at the pump too. Not sure what year yours is but there was a GM TSB on the terminals spreading in the pigtail causing excessive resistance (therefore increased heat) causing the pumps to burn up prematurely.
A lot of aftermarket pumps come with new pigtails, at least the ones I sold, now I know why.

Tomorrow, I'm going to fix the brakes in my truck so I don't die on the way to the range. Who wants to come help bleed my brakes?

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 12-08-2012, 04:19 AM   #18464
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Who wants to come help bleed my brakes?
I'm guessing trip wouldn't mind helping you.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:26 AM   #18465

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

I'm guessing trip wouldn't mind helping you.
He's smart enough to do that????? Your also forgettin Aaron that he is a Marine-we tend to think w something else first and foremost

Last edited by Marlinman; 12-08-2012 at 04:28 AM.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #18466
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8452 Times on 5051 Posts
Likes Given: 11018

Quote:
Who wants to come help bleed my brakes?
I will. I know how to pump the brake pedal when I'm told to.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #18467

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Trip , I present you with said link to said awesome movie
http://www.putlocker.com/file/17B76EFAC87B27DF#
Won't play past the 3:18 mark
And that's with cable internet at work. Damn it. I've only had success with exactly one movie online.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #18468

Liked 1294 Times on 929 Posts
Likes Given: 639

Put a new pump in ''out of damn warranty ! by a bout a week ''
BAD PUMP ! PISSED , Talking about fuming over her . Drop the tank AGAIN , new pump arrives , NO STRAINER ! Get a strainer here and got it going now .
Strainers were filthy on the old one , wondering if the asshats got the tank dirty when they tried to steal the fuel 2 weekends ago ?
And I intend on raising enough hell about the bad pump and strainer that they should warranty out the old one

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 12-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #18469

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Won't play past the 3:18 mark
And that's with cable internet at work. Damn it. I've only had success with exactly one movie online.
Movie stream sites tend to be scams/fake/broken. Ive had success with a couple though. I seem to only be able to watch older movies.

Thought: Bull Durham is probably one of the best movies ever.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #18470

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post

Movie stream sites tend to be scams/fake/broken. Ive had success with a couple though. I seem to only be able to watch older movies.

Thought: Bull Durham is probably one of the best movies ever.
Well it was a link to the same movie he was watching at the same site...
I take it back, I've gotten two to work. Hotel Transylvania, and 9. Both kids movies.