Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1831
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 04:37 AM   #18301
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3375 Times on 1881 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla
I'll bite, what's a muddy buddy ?
Chocolatey peanut buttery goodness, on Chex. Mmmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Whatever it is, it sounds dirty.
Not everything I say is dirty, just a large percentage...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:53 AM   #18302
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8467 Times on 4903 Posts
Likes Given: 11033

I VERY nearly crashed the Hell out of a rental dump truck this morning. Its been raining like Hell over the weekend (this past week has brought down nearly 20 inches of rain) and in order to do the road repairs on the ranch I rented a 5 yard dump truck, I was pissed over an argument my wife and I had when I left the house so I was driving faster than I should have been and when I topped out on the ridge and headed north there was a ton of slime from a roadcut that had sloughed off into the road. Slicker than frog eggs. I was doing about 40 or 45 and when I turned to make the corner the front wheels just floated on straight for the dropoff. I let off the throttle and didn't touch the brakes and just puckered up and hoped for the best. The front end slowly started to go left and the back end kept on going straight. I drifted it off to the fog line with the front wheels and figured I was screwed (but not ready to jump out- been there done that and shredded the t-shirt) the right rear wheels got off the pavement and caught traction on the dirt shoulder and sort of got it settled and headed down the road, but a little slower.

Lesson is, don't drive mad. Could have killed me. Later in the day my son said on his way up awhile after me there was a tow truck off the side right there. I can only think that my son would have been going faster if the tow truck was not off the side. He was towing my tractor with my Super Duty at the time.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 AM   #18303

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Just finished Christmas shopping for the wife online. Broke.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:03 AM   #18304

Liked 128 Times on 82 Posts

Why so many dudes criticize and dislike me on here when I make my self so easy to love

Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #18305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc View Post
Why so many dudes criticize and dislike me on here when I make my self so easy to love
Meh. Some people just gotta be haters. Laugh at them and move on. Life is too short to dwell on the haters.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #18306

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Well I haven't been around as much this weekend cause I was cleaning all the crap that fell off/down during the storm.

We lost the 15 ft off the top of a redwood. Took me an hour to chop it up cause the chainsaw is broke. I stood in the middle of my street with a hand saw, and a pair of clippers, and what looked to by-standers like a Christmas tree, and proceeded to chop it into the 24" pieces the garbage people make you do. (I think it's 24" inches, Ive been doing like that and haven't been billed extra yet, but don't quote me on it).

I then got the blower and blew all the leaves onto the lawn. Then I mowed the lawn. After that, I didn't do much Sunday.

This time of year brings a helluva lot of yard work.

-Matt

Old 12-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #18307
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7333 Times on 4411 Posts
Likes Given: 9024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc View Post
Don't worry about it. It's the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Meh. Some people just gotta be haters. Laugh at them and move on. Life is too short to dwell on the haters.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 AM   #18308

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc
It's cause you wear your hats the wrong way

I'm not sure why. Maybe, they just need to pick in someone. Your a good guy, don't worry about 'em.

-Matt

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 12-04-2012, 05:16 AM   #18309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
Well I haven't been around as much this weekend cause I was cleaning all the crap that fell off/down during the storm.

We lost the 15 ft off the top of a redwood. Took me an hour to chop it up cause the chainsaw is broke. I stood in the middle of my street with a hand saw, and a pair of clippers, and what looked to by-standers like a Christmas tree, and proceeded to chop it into the 24" pieces the garbage people make you do. (I think it's 24" inches, Ive been doing like that and haven't been billed extra yet, but don't quote me on it).

I then got the blower and blew all the leaves onto the lawn. Then I mowed the lawn. After that, I didn't do much Sunday.

This time of year brings a helluva lot of yard work.
Well shootfire man! You need a better handsaw! I have a Corona Razor pruning saw for those little jobs like that. One stroke will slice an inch round piece like butter. I don't fire up the chainsaw for anything under 3 inches.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:19 AM   #18310
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7333 Times on 4411 Posts
Likes Given: 9024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I VERY nearly crashed the Hell out of a rental dump truck this morning. Its been raining like Hell over the weekend (this past week has brought down nearly 20 inches of rain) and in order to do the road repairs on the ranch I rented a 5 yard dump truck, I was pissed over an argument my wife and I had when I left the house so I was driving faster than I should have been and when I topped out on the ridge and headed north there was a ton of slime from a roadcut that had sloughed off into the road. Slicker than frog eggs. I was doing about 40 or 45 and when I turned to make the corner the front wheels just floated on straight for the dropoff. I let off the throttle and didn't touch the brakes and just puckered up and hoped for the best. The front end slowly started to go left and the back end kept on going straight. I drifted it off to the fog line with the front wheels and figured I was screwed (but not ready to jump out- been there done that and shredded the t-shirt) the right rear wheels got off the pavement and caught traction on the dirt shoulder and sort of got it settled and headed down the road, but a little slower.

Lesson is, don't drive mad. Could have killed me. Later in the day my son said on his way up awhile after me there was a tow truck off the side right there. I can only think that my son would have been going faster if the tow truck was not off the side. He was towing my tractor with my Super Duty at the time.
I'm glad you're okay. Take care of yourself. Your sons need you.
Vikingdad Likes This