Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1831
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 04:37 AM   #18301
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 6,211
Liked 3375 Times on 1881 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla
I'll bite, what's a muddy buddy ?
Chocolatey peanut buttery goodness, on Chex. Mmmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Whatever it is, it sounds dirty.
Not everything I say is dirty, just a large percentage...
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:53 AM   #18302
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,226
Liked 8467 Times on 4903 Posts
Likes Given: 11033

Default

I VERY nearly crashed the Hell out of a rental dump truck this morning. Its been raining like Hell over the weekend (this past week has brought down nearly 20 inches of rain) and in order to do the road repairs on the ranch I rented a 5 yard dump truck, I was pissed over an argument my wife and I had when I left the house so I was driving faster than I should have been and when I topped out on the ridge and headed north there was a ton of slime from a roadcut that had sloughed off into the road. Slicker than frog eggs. I was doing about 40 or 45 and when I turned to make the corner the front wheels just floated on straight for the dropoff. I let off the throttle and didn't touch the brakes and just puckered up and hoped for the best. The front end slowly started to go left and the back end kept on going straight. I drifted it off to the fog line with the front wheels and figured I was screwed (but not ready to jump out- been there done that and shredded the t-shirt) the right rear wheels got off the pavement and caught traction on the dirt shoulder and sort of got it settled and headed down the road, but a little slower.

Lesson is, don't drive mad. Could have killed me. Later in the day my son said on his way up awhile after me there was a tow truck off the side right there. I can only think that my son would have been going faster if the tow truck was not off the side. He was towing my tractor with my Super Duty at the time.

__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 AM   #18303
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,000
Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Just finished Christmas shopping for the wife online. Broke.

__________________

Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:03 AM   #18304
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Uptown_General_Roc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 562
Liked 128 Times on 82 Posts

Default

Why so many dudes criticize and dislike me on here when I make my self so easy to love

__________________
Uptown_General_Roc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #18305
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,226
Liked 8467 Times on 4903 Posts
Likes Given: 11033

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc View Post
Why so many dudes criticize and dislike me on here when I make my self so easy to love
Meh. Some people just gotta be haters. Laugh at them and move on. Life is too short to dwell on the haters.
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #18306
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Blueguns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Posts: 2,001
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default

Well I haven't been around as much this weekend cause I was cleaning all the crap that fell off/down during the storm.

We lost the 15 ft off the top of a redwood. Took me an hour to chop it up cause the chainsaw is broke. I stood in the middle of my street with a hand saw, and a pair of clippers, and what looked to by-standers like a Christmas tree, and proceeded to chop it into the 24" pieces the garbage people make you do. (I think it's 24" inches, Ive been doing like that and haven't been billed extra yet, but don't quote me on it).

I then got the blower and blew all the leaves onto the lawn. Then I mowed the lawn. After that, I didn't do much Sunday.

This time of year brings a helluva lot of yard work.

__________________

-Matt

Blueguns is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #18307
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,235
Liked 7333 Times on 4411 Posts
Likes Given: 9024

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc View Post
Why so many dudes criticize and dislike me on here when I make my self so easy to love
Don't worry about it. It's the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Meh. Some people just gotta be haters. Laugh at them and move on. Life is too short to dwell on the haters.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 AM   #18308
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Blueguns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Posts: 2,001
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc
Why so many dudes criticize and dislike me on here when I make my self so easy to love
It's cause you wear your hats the wrong way

I'm not sure why. Maybe, they just need to pick in someone. Your a good guy, don't worry about 'em.
__________________

-Matt

Blueguns is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:16 AM   #18309
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,226
Liked 8467 Times on 4903 Posts
Likes Given: 11033

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
Well I haven't been around as much this weekend cause I was cleaning all the crap that fell off/down during the storm.

We lost the 15 ft off the top of a redwood. Took me an hour to chop it up cause the chainsaw is broke. I stood in the middle of my street with a hand saw, and a pair of clippers, and what looked to by-standers like a Christmas tree, and proceeded to chop it into the 24" pieces the garbage people make you do. (I think it's 24" inches, Ive been doing like that and haven't been billed extra yet, but don't quote me on it).

I then got the blower and blew all the leaves onto the lawn. Then I mowed the lawn. After that, I didn't do much Sunday.

This time of year brings a helluva lot of yard work.
Well shootfire man! You need a better handsaw! I have a Corona Razor pruning saw for those little jobs like that. One stroke will slice an inch round piece like butter. I don't fire up the chainsaw for anything under 3 inches.
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:19 AM   #18310
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,235
Liked 7333 Times on 4411 Posts
Likes Given: 9024

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I VERY nearly crashed the Hell out of a rental dump truck this morning. Its been raining like Hell over the weekend (this past week has brought down nearly 20 inches of rain) and in order to do the road repairs on the ranch I rented a 5 yard dump truck, I was pissed over an argument my wife and I had when I left the house so I was driving faster than I should have been and when I topped out on the ridge and headed north there was a ton of slime from a roadcut that had sloughed off into the road. Slicker than frog eggs. I was doing about 40 or 45 and when I turned to make the corner the front wheels just floated on straight for the dropoff. I let off the throttle and didn't touch the brakes and just puckered up and hoped for the best. The front end slowly started to go left and the back end kept on going straight. I drifted it off to the fog line with the front wheels and figured I was screwed (but not ready to jump out- been there done that and shredded the t-shirt) the right rear wheels got off the pavement and caught traction on the dirt shoulder and sort of got it settled and headed down the road, but a little slower.

Lesson is, don't drive mad. Could have killed me. Later in the day my son said on his way up awhile after me there was a tow truck off the side right there. I can only think that my son would have been going faster if the tow truck was not off the side. He was towing my tractor with my Super Duty at the time.
I'm glad you're okay. Take care of yourself. Your sons need you.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM