Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1813
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #18121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Yeah, don't care for the rapping. Like the chorus in between though.
I like him......enough so I went and seen him in concert bout a month ago

Old 11-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #18122
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8810 Times on 5094 Posts
Likes Given: 11482

Last concert I went to was George Strait. Willie Nelson before that. Newest artist I've gone to see is Toby Kieth but those were free tickets. Then again so was Willy Nelson at least once.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #18123
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6859 Times on 3442 Posts
Likes Given: 7435

Back in 1980, I was stationed in Germany and one of the guys in my platoon had a DAC, "Aint nothin Sacred No More" Album. That was one of the rudest, foulmouthed, racist records if not the worst I have ever heard (Made Scottish Drinking Songs sound like Hymns)! Back then, I wasnt as aware, moral and considerate as I have learned well to be through the years and found some of it was nearly humorous back then. You wouldnt believe the stuff he sang about Anita Bryant (Mickey Mouse Clubber) and "Faggots"!

I dont find any humor in racism, DAC probably ruined a big part of his career because he did that one album and that cannot be undone no matter what he did after that.

As far as backing a trailer, I got pretty good at it when I became Battalion Motor clerk in Ft Riley KS in the mid 80's and had to drive the 5T Wrecker occasionally! That was a big SOB and nothing to mess around with especially when dragging a Deuce with a rig on it! One oops and CW4 Cornessison would be on the warpath! People did respect my authority when I was behind the wheel!

Old 11-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #18124
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
...I can see, if I squinch a bit and look sideways, how somebody could do something like that as an attempt at humor, but the humor is lost on me.
Saw him at a local bar when i was in college at Mississippi State; i got the impression that the racism was for humor. I do remember he liked to play the tablegames at Sam's Town when i was auditing up that way.

The trailer i hate the most, is the one on Dad's lawnmower. It's harder to keep straight than a cross-eyed crow; backing that trailer up to dump it involves so much cursing that i am thankful for the mower noise.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 11-30-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 11-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #18125
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7778 Times on 4669 Posts
Likes Given: 9751

Quote:
Sure has changed my view of him. I like the songs I like, but then again I don't listen to much music. More often its talk radio, or I'm talking on the radio when I am in the truck. Then again around here they don't play any (so-called) country music that goes back more than 10 years.
I am a talk radio "junkie". I listen to talk radio almost every waking moment and fall asleep to it.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 11-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #18126

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

I am a talk radio "junkie". I listen to talk radio almost every waking moment and fall asleep to it.
Same here about talk radio. Just during work ours driving my route. I used to listen while falling asleep until I discovered OLD TIME RADIO app. I listen to the old MYSTERY series show that I remember from my teenage years in the 70s.

NEVER FORGET

Old 11-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #18127
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Same here about talk radio. Just during work ours driving my route. I used to listen while falling asleep until I discovered OLD TIME RADIO app. I listen to the old MYSTERY series show that I remember from my teenage years in the 70s.
I sometimes catch those, too, on a different station than my regular one. I prefer radio over TV. I can keep working around the house listening to the radio. The TV compels one to stop working and sit on your butt.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 11-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #18128

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

I sometimes catch those, too, on a different station than my regular one. I prefer radio over TV. I can keep working around the house listening to the radio. The TV compels one to stop working and sit on your butt.
Iirc, you are a computer based web user. Below is a link for the cbs mystery series. They have a vast archive of all the old radio shows.

http://archive.org/search.php?query=mystery%20AND%20collection%3Aradi oprograms%20AND%20subject%3A%22CBS%20Radio%20Myste ry%20Theater%22

NEVER FORGET

Old 11-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #18129
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Iirc, you are a computer based web user. Below is a link for the cbs mystery series. They have a vast archive of all the old radio shows.

http://archive.org/search.php?query=mystery%20AND%20collection%3Aradi oprograms%20AND%20subject%3A%22CBS%20Radio%20Myste ry%20Theater%22
Thank you.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #18130
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Anybody reeeeally like their state parks? http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/texas/green-burials-planned-for-state-parks?hpt=us_bn8

Quote:
Coffins and tombstones are not for everyone. Just ask the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department . It is now working toward a pilot project to bury the dead in state parks.
I wouldn't mind that myself; i think coffins and plots are overpriced.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.