Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 03:17 AM   #18101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Ah. I should look into him. But, my first experience with him was a CD a klukker gave me, which I threw out the window while going down the interstate. I had no desire to listen to that trash.

I have heard many of his good songs, but still, that left a bad taste for me. I heard one today in fact. "Long hard road" damn good one.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:20 AM   #18102

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Look up the ride, and sweet rebecca

Old 11-30-2012, 03:43 AM   #18103
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7684 Times on 4433 Posts
Likes Given: 9903

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
He was friendly with black prisoners? He's done some of the most racist songs I've ever heard in my life, and is beloved of every Klukker I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Are you sure you're not thinking of someone else?
I must admit I have never heard any of those "songs", at least if I have I did not recognize it as being Coe singing them. I am not a fan of that sort of crap. But yes, I do know that he was friendly with the black prisoners and it got him in trouble in prison. Then again he was in and out of prison almost continuously from a very young age until he was into his 30's I think, so maybe that says more about him than how he got along with people when he was in the can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Yep. His drummer was a black man. He said in an interview if you think he is a racist your stupid. Lol
I would like to see what would happen if a bunch of Klukkers and Coe met for a few beers just to see how things went. If Coe doesn't eventually start beating the crap out of them then they can all go to Hell together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Wow. I wonder how he can do some of the songs he's done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
David Alan Coe denies writing any of all those many, not just race funny, SO KKK RACIST songs. He says he did play session on one song of some guy once but he had no idea what he was getting into and that's how the reputation started and he is credited with those songs.

Actually, now that I think of it, The Howard Stern Show may have tracked down the "artist" who actually did those...
Lots of music consists of many artists doing different parts and then mixing it all together into the recording. I could see how one could contribute to something without knowing what was in the lyrics. I have no idea if this is the case here though.

I do know that people can and do make racist jokes, comments and other stuff in certain company. I know that I can do so with my many Mexican/Hispanic or black friends, or they will (and do) with me (many a good line from Blazing Saddles has been put to use in this group!). But none of that is in public or in any way being recorded. I suppose it takes a different sort of don't give a sh!t attitude that I would suspect Coe has to record something like that. I wouldn't really know myself.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:52 AM   #18104

Liked 952 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 515

David is bit too racist for me . I will admit , I dislike alot of the way some act but that goes with any color but die hard songs like his are just plain ignorant . A life full of hate is no life at all , I cant fathom how people can sit around and everything about their life revolves around hate , KKK and Naacp are prime examples .
Around here its always said '' Dont ever run into a black person with your car ''
Funny , in all the wrecks i have been in , its always been the whites who try to sue .

Oh and the guy on the memory card was wearing a Romeny / Ryan button so I knew he was alright lol

Second pile of puke I have cleaned up tonight . Both kids and wife are sick , I see how this night is going .

Going back a few post about the power saw in the pelvis , did not think you could reverse the wires or polarity on AC current to spin it backwards unlike DC power . I know I have put power cords back on drills or fans backwards and they still run forward .

Dont know If any of you have ever checked out Sovereign Guns on gunbroker or their site but I have always wanted to go there to check it out and I finally got to stop in today .
They have very cool , issued SKS and some other odd bolt guns for 200 range and they have a few nagant revolvers for about 129.00 . Checked out a black powder double barrel 12ga , never seen one before .
I went in for the AK '' parts kit '' but they dont carry the kit I am looking for .
Found my Christmas present , they had a few artillery rounds , 100% complete for around 100.00 , they should go good with the one I have already

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:17 AM   #18105
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7684 Times on 4433 Posts
Likes Given: 9903

I just did a little research and indeed there are some distasteful songs that DAC does. They are not going on my playlist. I can see, if I squinch a bit and look sideways, how somebody could do something like that as an attempt at humor, but the humor is lost on me. Like I said this stuff isn't going on my playlist.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 11-30-2012 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Bunker worthy material. Not Clubhouse

Old 11-30-2012, 04:23 AM   #18106

Liked 952 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 515

Winds how did Viking manage to get you in that video ?

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:25 AM   #18107

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

He was friendly with black prisoners? He's done some of the most racist songs I've ever heard in my life, and is beloved of every Klukker I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Are you sure you're not thinking of someone else?
Not about to stick up for DAC as a person. He was friendly with black prisoners, but then sold out on acceptence to appeal to an audience.

Having said that, I enjoy his music. He is probably my favorite artist. Some of those songs were humorous, some disgusting. But most of them were just good country music.

-Matt

Old 11-30-2012, 04:38 AM   #18108
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6688 Times on 4043 Posts
Likes Given: 7955

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Winds how did Viking manage to get you in that video ?
Not me.........

Old 11-30-2012, 04:38 AM   #18109

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

The Ride

River

Living on the Run

Desperadoes Waiting for a Train (May not be originally his)

Longhaired Redneck

Willie, Waylon & Me

She Used to Love me a Lot

Would You Lay with Me (In a Field of Stone)

Take This Job and Shove it (DAC wrote this, his performed version is also better in my opinion)

The Ghost of Hank Williams

Rough Rider

These are just a few DAC songs that I like. These may make you feel better about him. Yes he did sell out and act racist, but who knows about this dude. He's pretty out there. As a person I don't really like him. As a musician, I love his music.

-Matt

Old 11-30-2012, 04:41 AM   #18110

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
The Ride

River

Living on the Run

Desperadoes Waiting for a Train (May not be originally his)

Longhaired Redneck

Willie, Waylon & Me

She Used to Love me a Lot

Would You Lay with Me (In a Field of Stone)

Take This Job and Shove it (DAC wrote this, his performed version is also better in my opinion)

The Ghost of Hank Williams

Rough Rider

These are just a few DAC songs that I like. These may make you feel better about him. Yes he did sell out and act racist, but who knows about this dude. He's pretty out there. As a person I don't really like him. As a musician, I love his music.
Desperadoes waiting on a train is sung by the highwaymen as well.