Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1809
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #18081
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
I used to back doubles all the time when I was OTR. That's a 35' and a 15'. Why I got stuck w them squirrely batards is beyond me. Ill take a goose neck/5th wheel ANY DAY over bumper hitch
Doubles (on the same end of the tow vehicle) are another challenge entirely.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #18082
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Doubles (on the same end of the tow vehicle) are another challenge entirely.
That they are.........worse-damn near totally impossible is 18 wheeler triples

Old 11-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #18083
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
That they are.........worse-damn near totally impossible is 18 wheeler triples
Never done triples myself but I figure if you can keep them straight its a piece of cake. Good luck with that though!

Old 11-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #18084

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

While I've never driven trucks for a living, I figure those of you that do would appreciate this. It's my favorite road trip song.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #18085
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8759 Times on 5234 Posts
Likes Given: 11616

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Exactly what kind of saw is it? Miter, circular, table?

See post above.
It's a 6.0 amp Skil Scrolling Jigsaw. I bought it with the intention of maybe doing some fun craft type things with it. (Or was it an Orbital Jigsaw?) It has a knob on the top to turn as you saw. The blade is thin. Does this make any sense?

Old 11-30-2012, 12:13 AM   #18086

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
It's a 6.0 amp Skil Scrolling Jigsaw. I bought it with the intention of maybe doing some fun craft type things with it. (Or was it an Orbital Jigsaw?) It has a knob on the top to turn as you saw. The blade is thin. Does this make any sense?
Yes, I have a craftsman one just like that. The thing to know about a jigsaw is that it will kick if you let the blade move too slow. Just let the blade do the cutting (don't force the blade into the material), and take your time on the curves. If a curve is really tight, I recommend using either a scrollsaw (cheap (but good) ones cost about $100-$150, really good ones that will let you do very fine, integrate work cost more like $300-$600), or a coping saw (can find a good used one at antique stores/garage sales/ebay for under $20).

Scrollsaw

Random Thoughts Thread - The Club House

Coping saw

Random Thoughts Thread - The Club House

Old 11-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #18087

Liked 1323 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 659

Yea try a single jet ski trailer behind a full size suv . That will make a preacher cuss .

Soo Think I did a nice deed for someone today , one of which no one would ever do for me Im sure .
Big wreck on the main rd so I busted up walmart to kill some time . I parked and as I am walking though the parking lot I look down and see a lil memory card right in the middle of the road , so I grabbed it and went on about my way .
get to the shop and pop it in to see If it could be traced in any way '' Whats the odds of that ?''
About the 4th pic is a girl holding a reward ticket with her dad and he had on a visitor sticker ...... WITH FULL NAME .
Googled him and low and behold , he owns a big tile company which does alot of business with my dad . looked up his number and gave him a ring , Lady picks up.
Hey this Phillip with Mobile marine service , I think I found your memory card with alot of family pictures on it .
She went bezerk with excitement , said she had been back tracking all day to everywhere she went and checking lost and found .
She was just dumbfounded That I had found it , figured out whos it was and then got in contact with them . It has all her families special occasions , plays , birthdays ect ect .
I keep all mine backed up but if i ever lost any I would not know it , we have about 5,000 pics of the kids , friends , dogs ect .
I thought it was pretty cool so now Imma sit back and feel good about myself.

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
People Like This 
Old 11-30-2012, 01:08 AM   #18088
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1377 Times on 672 Posts
Likes Given: 92

About two years ago I picked up a credit card in a Chili's parking lot. Went home and Zabasearched the name, and got a hit with a phone number. Called it, got yelled at for stealing it, and asked when I was going to drive it to their house. Since I had not identified myself, I gave them a dial tone, and cut the damn card up. Should have thrown it back out in a parking lot!
People Like This 
Old 11-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #18089

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I wish I weren't subjected to seeing these 18-20 year old college boys with a body type like mine, wearing skinny jeans all the time. It's disturbing.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:12 AM   #18090

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
About two years ago I picked up a credit card in a Chili's parking lot. Went home and Zabasearched the name, and got a hit with a phone number. Called it, got yelled at for stealing it, and asked when I was going to drive it to their house. Since I had not identified myself, I gave them a dial tone, and cut the damn card up. Should have thrown it back out in a parking lot!
Could have done like someone did with mine. Buy a bunch of penis enlargement pills and some gas.