Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 06:57 AM   #18041
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
I was talking with a friend today, and he mentioned something that I found interesting. He said he thought more people would buy powerball tickets if it was 5 separate 100 million dollar drawings, as opposed to one.

Do you all think more people would buy tickets if it was 5 separate 100 million dollar drawings, or more would buy if it's left the way it is now.
I rarely buy lottery tickets but I had such a good day a couple days ago I couldn't resist. And usually if I do buy lottery tickets, it's when the prize is a smaller amount. I'm sure I'd be pretty darned happy with $10 million. For me, it doesn't have to be half a billion.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #18042

Liked 36 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 823

Apparently our ammo shortage continues. Didn't win this time, but hey, you can't win if you don't play right?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #18043

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy60
Apparently our ammo shortage continues. Didn't win this time, but hey, you can't win if you don't play right?
Yeah...buying a ticket does greatly enhance your odds...

Old 11-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #18044
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Power saws scare me too Winds. Whenever possible, I forego power for good old fashioned manpower.

Exceptions must be made, such as with large projects. But, even if it takes me 5 minutes to cut something that would only take me 30 seconds with power, I'm doing it myself.

And I willingly signed a contract knowing I could get killed in combat, yet I'm afraid of spinning, menacing blades. Go figure...
When i was a teenager, i worked with this kid whose dad was the city's electrical inspector. One day the dad got a call to the local ER; the doctor had him reverse the wiring in a skill saw so they could plug it in and "bump it" to dislodge it from a carpenter's pelvis.

I later had to drive the kid i worked with to the hospital from the shop after he fed his thumb into a table saw with the sheet of plastic he was cutting.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #18045

Liked 969 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 527

Sure was hot and muggy this morning driving that old car with no heat and covered in ice , throw in a few air leaks for kicks .

Anyone running the new windows 8 yet ? Need a new computer but I would rather stick with vista or even xp If i had too

Got stuck watching little bear this morning ...... Duck is freaking IDIOT

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #18046

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Sure was hot and muggy this morning driving that old car with no heat and covered in ice , throw in a few air leaks for kicks .

Anyone running the new windows 8 yet ? Need a new computer but I would rather stick with vista or even xp If i had too

Got stuck watching little bear this morning ...... Duck is freaking IDIOT
The beaver aggravates the piss outta me. So does Ruby.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #18047

Liked 2350 Times on 1528 Posts

The most annoying is land before time. I can't watch it. My girl knows it, if she puts it on I'm gone.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 11-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #18048
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8063

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
When i was a teenager, i worked with this kid whose dad was the city's electrical inspector. One day the dad got a call to the local ER; the doctor had him reverse the wiring in a skill saw so they could plug it in and "bump it" to dislodge it from a carpenter's pelvis.

I later had to drive the kid i worked with to the hospital from the shop after he fed his thumb into a table saw with the sheet of plastic he was cutting.
This is EXACTLY why I'm very afraid of my power saw. I don't even know why I bought it. I used it twice, got scared I didn't know what I was doing and it's been put away ever since. I ought to sell it for some extra $$.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #18049
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5658 Times on 2800 Posts
Likes Given: 6022

Love my power and air tools, they make building a breeze, my guess is that I have at least 20 tools with power cords and Batteries and at least 8 with air compressor fittings, still have all digits attached (Knock on wood). I cant imagine the guys building my 3500 Sq ft house back in 1815, must have been a real bear.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #18050

Liked 2350 Times on 1528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

This is EXACTLY why I'm very afraid of my power saw. I don't even know why I bought it. I used it twice, got scared I didn't know what I was doing and it's been put away ever since. I ought to sell it for some extra $$.
You used to be half afraid of guns, right? Knowledge from a good teacher is priceless...

Feral cat waterboarder