Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1797
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #17961
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 251 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Drove the chevelle this morning . As I expected , not a ground pounder but it will bark the hell out of second . Got one valve cover leak fixed and the other starts .
It needs a stall converter so bad it should be banned from the road
This
=
<- this expression .....

Dishwasher - priceless !

Old 11-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #17962
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7329 Times on 4411 Posts
Likes Given: 9017

Yesterday was a good day for me. I finished in the garage and got my car in there for the winter. I also got some good news from my bank where I filed a hardship on a loan and they came up with a good solution that put a little more money in my pocket each month. In celebration, I bought the winning lottery ticket for the PowerBall and I bought $15 dollars worth of scratch off tickets. I get $10 winnings from those scratch offs.

So.........did I really win or not?

Old 11-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #17963
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8460 Times on 4902 Posts
Likes Given: 11028

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Heck, he JUST got his first BB/Pellet rifle Saturday. He's still learning some good gun handling before I get him something that could kill me.
What I did was to print out the NRA gun safety rules and go over them with the boys in detail and told them that when they had them all memorized then they would start handling real guns. Also, in our house all guns, cap guns, BB guns and even water pistols that are shaped like realistic guns, are treated the same. Finger off the trigger at all times, always keep pointed in a safe direction, no aiming at anything you don't intend to shoot. I was and am relentless on gun safety. It was only after this that they were allowed to handle real guns. Then the first step was working with one gun at a time, strip it down, show them how it works, put it back together and repeat until they can do it on their own. Only then could they shoot it. Same for all the other guns. They have to know how to field strip it first before I let them handle it. Not so much these days now that they are teenagers (heck, these days when we are checking out a new gun at the GS or something I will give it to them first because at this point I think they know more about guns than I do!).

I'm not saying this is how you should do it, I am saying that looking back on it in hindsight I don't think I would have done it any differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy60 View Post
He was at the wrong house that late to not identify himself. We have had a recent increase in robberies, stolen cars, cars broken into in this county. I'm armed everywhere I go these days
I had a visit from a deputy the other night as well and although he ID'd I did have my gun in hand at the door, plus the dog trying to get to him through the door. Funny part is that he was there on a barking dog complaint. Not our dog mind you.

Quote:
He's actually been practically begging me for a bow. Maybe for Christmas...
A bow would be perfect for him- just be ready to buy lots of arrows.

Quote:
Here's a funny...
I put a notice on a local facebook page, kinda half jokingly, "will work for ammo". I got an offer I guess. Guy said he needs some leaves raked. I told him to send me his address, and I'll be there in the morning.

Did I really just do that? Yes, I guess I did... And I'm gonna follow through too.
Cool! What ammo are you working for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Is it wrong to want a Krabby Patty ?
I mean , I use to despise sponge bob till the kids got old enough to watch tv and I realized just how crude sponge bob can be , almost as bad as family guy .

Guys , wanna piss the wife off ? Just start cleaning while she is relaxing .
They bitc h when you dont clean , bitc h when you try to help and raise hell when you clean and they are watching tv .
Guess it makes them feel like they dont do a good enough job .
I went to town last night cleaning windows , floors , walls , vents , kitchen and appliances , moved out the stove and fridge and cleaned back there , skipped the dishes though .
Wife was PISSED , said if she does such a bad job then she wont do it no more , no spooning action for me last night .
When I cleaned the house I would get nagged incessantly about doing it wrong and micro-managed while doing it. Result is that I don't do it unless I get nagged to, which means I don't get nagged while I am doing it.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #17964

Liked 1134 Times on 821 Posts
Likes Given: 582

I will throw mine in my ultrasonic cleaner in a minute with 50/50 purple power and water and one hot ass heater for about 30 minutes and it comes out like new , no scrubbing at all . The I will blow it out with about 150psi shop air and lube it down .
I got in a old old colt navy '' reproduction '' that was still loaded '' fun '' , but it was the dirtiest gun I had ever seen , it would not even operate it was so gunked up .
Had to pull the cly and the nipples then knock out the charge and shots but I put it in over night and came out very nice . But the tank is kinda small maybe 1/2 gallon but its a very high end unit , sells for 600+ . Not sure how well the harbor freight ones work

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #17965

I dont clean too often '' shop is a war zone '' but when I get intot he mood I go die hard and hit every nook and cranny and what ever I move to clean gets cleaned too .
Old a-hole boss man told me two things i will never forget
Cant clean the floor till you find it
Lazy man works the hardest
Oh and
I could destroy a fire hydrant with a rubber mallet

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #17966

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

A bow would be perfect for him- just be ready to buy lots of arrows.
Heck with that, I'll spray paint them dayglo orange and green. We have a huge open horse pasture behind our place. That will greatly reduce the chances of losing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Cool! What ammo are you working for?
I WAS going to be working for .45 ACP, but the guy turns out to live too far away for it to be worth my time and gas. I edited my post to say "in or nearby West Monroe"

Does no good at all to drive for 2 hours to rake a lawn, collect one or two boxes of ammo, and drive 2 hours back. That's a minimum of 5 hours out of my day (depending on yard size), when I could work overtime instead. But when I have cash, I tend to spend it on more important things, like, gas, food, rent... stuff like that.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #17967

Liked 2500 Times on 1626 Posts

Found a win 1300 defender for $250. Used, but good condition. Should I for my birthday coming up?

Feral cat waterboarder

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 11-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #17968

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Why cant i log on with.my phone. this sux digital #%&#

NEVER FORGET

Old 11-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #17969

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Found a win 1300 defender for $250. Used, but good condition. Should I for my birthday coming up?
Why of course

Old 11-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #17970

Phone keeps cross dialing to random people and im not the only one ,others on other networks are having issues too .