Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 01:58 AM   #17441
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 853 Times on 619 Posts
Likes Given: 480

OR

Either way , they just do not have goldies like this anymore
Shame my kids Wont have any great singers or bands to grow up to , guess Ill just pass on my music heros
I went to school with Jason Micheal Carroll and dated his little sister for a week or two '' 5th grade lol '' , did not like him then and dont like him now .
Who do you think will replace our Merles , our George jones , Conway , Hanks , Orbison , Johnny paycheck ? David allen coe was a bit rough on most his stuff lol
Seems all we got now are these little boy bands with skinny jeans and flippy hair , when they turn 30 ....... they will still be boys
Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:01 AM   #17442

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Jamey Johnson is one of my favorite modern honky tonkers.

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F

Old 11-17-2012, 02:34 AM   #17443
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7337 Times on 4253 Posts
Likes Given: 9451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Hubby just said something and our daughter clearly didn't hear him because she said "Wait, did you just say you have to hang up your balls?". Wtf!
Did you say "No honey, he couldn't do that anyways. I have them in my purse."
Old 11-17-2012, 03:05 AM   #17444
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Did you say "No honey, he couldn't do that anyways. I have them in my purse."
Haha. I just couldn't stop laughing because she was so serious when she asked.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:44 AM   #17445

Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Well, I think my BCM upper will be here tomorrow. After a UPS screw up, that upper has been to quite a few places. It's been to both Chicago (well, a few of the towns that are basically connected to Chicago), and (South) San Francisco, plus a lot of cities around them, so I'm going to have to wash the liberal stink off of it when it get here.
Is it me, or is UPS screwing up WAY more than usual?

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 11-17-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:53 AM   #17446

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Well, I think my BCM upper will be here tomorrow. After a UPS screw up, that upper has been to quite a few places. It's been to both Chicago (well, a few of the towns that are basically connected to Chicago), and (South) San Francisco, plus a lot of cities around them, so I'm going to have to wash the liberal stink off of it when it get here.
Is it me, or is UPS screwing up WAY more than usual?
Damn! It was in SSF and I could have snagged it!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:27 AM   #17447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Damn! It was in SSF and I could have snagged it!
I probably would have gotten here faster.

What sucks is that if UPS would have got of their asses and did their job, I'd have it by now.
The wrong address ended up on the package (shipper said it was UPS' fault, I really don't care though. Accidents happen). I caught this mistake late at night, and emailed the company I bought the upper from. They have AMAZING customer service, and emailed UPS very early that morning. By this time, it had made it just outside Chicago.
So I waited, and waited, but it still had the CA address on the UPS tracking system. (It was headed to a town North of San Francisco). So what did UPS do at this point? They let it take a 3 day trip to California.
So I called UPS, and they told me that the package had to go to the wrong address before they could send it to the correct address. WTF??? That made no sense to me.
So it ended up going from San Pablo, to South San Francisco, and then to Santa Rosa before going BACK to San Pablo. It took 3 days to make this trip around the San Francisco area that could probably have been driven within a few hours.
Finally, it left California, and was on it's way to Texas. This trip took 2 days. It arrived in Mesquite today, and has already left headed towards me.
Overall, this experience lasted (counting tomorrow) 10 days, and that package has traveled about 4200 miles.

I like USPS better.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 11-17-2012 at 04:30 AM.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #17448
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2228 Times on 1448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

What sucks is that if UPS would have got of their asses and did their job, I'd have it by now.
The wrong address ended up on the package (shipper said it was UPS' fault, I really don't care though. Accidents happen). I caught this mistake late at night, and emailed the company I bought the upper from. They have AMAZING customer service, and emailed UPS very early that morning. By this time, it had made it just outside Chicago.
So I waited, and waited, but it still had the CA address on the UPS tracking system. (It was headed to a town North of San Francisco). So what did UPS do at this point? They let it take a 3 day trip to California.
So I called UPS, and they told me that the package had to go to the wrong address before they could send it to the correct address. WTF??? That made no sense to me.
So it ended up going from San Pablo, to South San Francisco, and then to Santa Rosa before going BACK to San Pablo. It took 3 days to make this trip around the San Francisco area that could probably have been driven within a few hours.
Finally, it left California, and was on it's way to Texas. This trip took 2 days. It arrived in Mesquite today, and has already left headed towards me.
Overall, this experience lasted (counting tomorrow) 10 days, and that package has traveled about 4200 miles.

I like USPS better.
If you hear a helicopter when it arrives, be afraid. Very afraid.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 11-17-2012, 05:05 AM   #17449

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Don't be so sure about that! It probably would have had a few rounds put through it before it made it back into the system on the way to you!

Quote:

I like USPS better.
That is seriously messed up! I once had Fed Ex do something similar, I had ordered 5 rolls of insulation when I was re-roofing the house. Each roll was 72" long and about 2 feet in diameter. they all loaded on the truck from Colorado and somehow 2 of the rolls got separated in Utah and headed north from there. we got them a week later than the other three. WTF? The company that shipped them was about to send me two replacement rolls when we figured out what happened (I would not have minded two extra rolls though!!)
Old 11-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #17450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Don't be so sure about that! It probably would have had a few rounds put through it before it made it back into the system on the way to you!

That is seriously messed up! I once had Fed Ex do something similar, I had ordered 5 rolls of insulation when I was re-roofing the house. Each roll was 72" long and about 2 feet in diameter. they all loaded on the truck from Colorado and somehow 2 of the rolls got separated in Utah and headed north from there. we got them a week later than the other three. WTF? The company that shipped them was about to send me two replacement rolls when we figured out what happened (I would not have minded two extra rolls though!!)
As long as you cleaned her up, and oiled her, that would have been fine with me.

That's crazy! I wouldn't think something that big would end up being separated.