Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1743
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #17421
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

These days that would get you a charge of terrorism.
So does 243 shells in a hatband....nevermind the fact they have the powder removed and the primers have been struck then the bullets reseated.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #17422
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
So does 243 shells in a hatband....nevermind the fact they have the powder removed and the primers have been struck then the bullets reseated.
243 shells on one hat? You must have a HUUUUUUUGE noggin.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #17423

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

243 shells on one hat? You must have a HUUUUUUUGE noggin.
Ya ya ya smartass. There was 4 of em standing up vertically out of the band. I got 4 days OSS out of the deal on hat day in HS.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #17424
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7115 Times on 4283 Posts
Likes Given: 8633

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm about to start bringing down some good money.

My friend and coworker got arrested the other day. He got into a fight with his neighbor, and was arrested. Our boss man bailed him out, and less than 2 hours later, was picked up again, because he went back at it with the douchebag drug addict neighbor.

The second time he was arrested, they discovered some old charges and warrants. Apparently some types of terrorism charges have no statute of limitations or something...

Anyway, we were already shorthanded, so with him gone, we're doing away with the night shift. We really shouldn't, but until we get someone hired, it'll just work us all ragged.

So.... Since I'm the only one of us left who lives here in town, I'm taking the work cell home with me every night. Gonna be on call every night. I only expect to actually get called out maybe once a pay period (that's about how often we get a call on night shift right now), but I'll be getting paid 3 hours of overtime every night just to keep the phone with me. Then, if I have to actually do something, that's just additional time on the clock.

So, for the foreseeable future, I'm looking at a minimum of 42 hours of overtime every paycheck, ON TOP OF whatever overtime I'll already be getting (and I most definitely will be working some regular overtime).

I'm looking at this most likely nearly doubling my pay. Which is good. Because I'm already underpaid in the extreme.
Lucky you. I had a side job taking call at a local long term care hospital (mostly people on ventilators). I was on call for blood bank only and earned, I think, $250/hour just being on call. I took call about 4 nights a week from 1530 until 0400 the next morning when I had to start getting ready to go to my 'real' job. (This is years ago when I worked day shift.) I'd get called in maybe once every two weeks then I'd earn double time and a half. Those years I took call for the place, I'd earn $12,000/year basically doing nothing. It was saweeeet, indeed. Then they closed the lab down at that facility and starting sending out for all their lab work, even the blood bank. I was so sad to lose that second job.

Enjoy, Trip. It's awesome earning money for not doing a whole heck of a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
That's good for you but am I the only one here a little concerned about someone with terrorism charges working for a city water plant. Eek
Well, I'm sure he won't be much longer.

Quote:
You mean someone besides walt? we all know he was one of them kids flushing cherry bombs down the toilet in school
Cherry bombs? Wuss. Back in the day, the boys would shove M80's down the toilets at school.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #17425

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Lucky you. I had a side job taking call at a local long term care hospital (mostly people on ventilators). I was on call for blood bank only and earned, I think, $250/hour just being on call. I took call about 4 nights a week from 1530 until 0400 the next morning when I had to start getting ready to go to my 'real' job. (This is years ago when I worked day shift.) I'd get called in maybe once every two weeks then I'd earn double time and a half. Those years I took call for the place, I'd earn $12,000/year basically doing nothing. It was saweeeet, indeed. Then they closed the lab down at that facility and starting sending out for all their lab work, even the blood bank. I was so sad to lose that second job.

Enjoy, Trip. It's awesome earning money for not doing a whole heck of a lot.

Well, I'm sure he won't be much longer.

Cherry bombs? Wuss. Back in the day, the boys would shove M80's down the toilets at school.
That is a wuss thing as well......we had a guy in my platoon in iraq shove 1/2 a lb of c5 under a toilet. After he detonated it it took the toilet 3 mins to hit the ground
Old 11-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #17426
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Ya ya ya smartass. There was 4 of em standing up vertically out of the band. I got 4 days OSS out of the deal on hat day in HS.
I can remember the principal at my old high school getting all the guys together before hunting season to explain the procedure for checking in your hunting rifle in the office, for those who would be hunting before school (basically, walk it in in clear view with the bolt open and unloaded). Of course, we also had a designated smoking area outside the cafeteria for those whose parents (or older siblings ) wrote them a note. The good ole days.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #17427

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

I can remember the principal at my old high school getting all the guys together before hunting season to explain the procedure for checking in your hunting rifle in the office, for those who would be hunting before school (basically, walk it in in clear view with the bolt open and unloaded). Of course, we also had a designated smoking area outside the cafeteria for those whose parents (or older siblings ) wrote them a note. The good ole days.
Ya them days are long gone. I used to turkey hunt before school w my super intendent. My principal in jr and sr year was just a douche bag. He hated me and I hated him. Hence my sr prank we vaselined his whole van except the sun roof and antenna. Then I filled ALL of the key slots w liquid nail......all on a 90° day. After graduation someone took a paintball gun loaded w marbles to said van......after the paint all flaked off that is. Someone else used a muzzle loader to blow a marble through the van end to end.....

Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #17428

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Ya them days are long gone. I used to turkey hunt before school w my super intendent. My principal in jr and sr year was just a douche bag. He hated me and I hated him. Hence my sr prank we vaselined his whole van except the sun roof and antenna. Then I filled ALL of the key slots w liquid nail......all on a 90° day. After graduation someone took a paintball gun loaded w marbles to said van......after the paint all flaked off that is. Someone else used a muzzle loader to blow a marble through the van end to end.....
That's not a prank ! It is destruction of personal property. I did alot of stupid crap during those years, rather than boast about it on an open forum I am very remorseful. Oh well karma can be a b!tch, and I thought you just had bad luck on all the sad sack post you have written these months. I will read them in a different light from now on. SMH

NEVER FORGET

Old 11-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #17429

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

That's not a prank ! It is destruction of personal property. I did alot of stupid crap during those years, rather than boast about it on an open forum I am very remorseful. Oh well karma can be a b!tch, and I thought you just had bad luck on all the sad sack post you have written these months. I will read them in a different light from now on. SMH
Guess I should have told you guys first that one of the cameras at school caught the same guy slashing one of my truck tires. He also did several other things of a like sort to other seniors. All I did was liquid nails and help w the vaseline. The others I had no hand in. After they shot his van I even offered to get my trailer and tow it back to his house for him. He swore up and down I was the one who used the muzzle loader. I wasn't. I didn't say I don't feel remorse for what I did neither bc I do. He didn't deserve all the bad things we did to him. Then again us seniors didn't deserve having tires slashed, windows smashed out of vehicles, cops called on us for leaving school early-w super intendants permission- to go to vo tec for state competition in our chosen fields, or to be told I wouldn't get my diploma if I went and competed in nationals for welding. He also took my honors diploma away from me and gave me a normal diploma.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #17430

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Y'all ain't gonna believe this ****.
Between my office and the fire department, is the old fire chief's house. It's used now as the department's administrative office.

They were having a retirement party for one of the fire department dispatchers, at the house/admin office. The whole fire department was there.

I just had to go crash the retirement party to let them know the fire department was ON FIRE!

No biggie. I happened to see it practically as it started and they got it put out in minutes. They've already determined it was an electrical short. Didn't even have to pull a truck out, they just fired up the pumper and dragged the hose around the side of the building and let er rip.