Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1733
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 05:19 AM   #17321
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,340
Liked 3001 Times on 1953 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

chamomile tea is the best I know for the throat, and it is a weed around here so I get all I want for free! Also, use raw local honey. That stuff you get in the store is crap- much of it comes from China and is not really honey.
Quote me if I'm wrong, I think real honey is the only food that doesn't spoil.
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:36 AM   #17322
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Quote me if I'm wrong, I think real honey is the only food that doesn't spoil.
You mean correct you if you are wrong?

You aren't. Honey never spoils. It will crystalize, but you can melt the crystals and it is still good. They found jars of honey in the pyramids of Egypt and it was still good.

BTW, I am a beekeeper. I do know a bit about the subject.
Vikingdad is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:49 AM   #17323
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
You mean correct you if you are wrong?

You aren't. Honey never spoils. It will crystalize, but you can melt the crystals and it is still good. They found jars of honey in the pyramids of Egypt and it was still good.

BTW, I am a beekeeper. I do know a bit about the subject.
Yep, it stays good for a LONG time (and apparently, it never goes bad. That's new info to me. )

We buy pure, unfiltered honey made semi locally (Dallas), and it still taste as fresh as the day we bought it several months ago.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:51 AM   #17324
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Why do people hate mushrooms? The don't have much of a taste. Is it the texture, or the fact it's a fungus? Personally, I love them.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:58 AM   #17325
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 25,573
Liked 8921 Times on 5337 Posts
Likes Given: 11925

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Why do people hate mushrooms? The don't have much of a taste. Is it the texture, or the fact it's a fungus? Personally, I love them.
I like mushrooms, too. I've heard mushroom haters say both.....the texture and the fact it's a fungus.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:02 AM   #17326
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 7,415
Liked 4570 Times on 2541 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
Why do people hate mushrooms? The don't have much of a taste. Is it the texture, or the fact it's a fungus? Personally, I love them.
I don't like any of it.
__________________
3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:04 AM   #17327
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,340
Liked 3001 Times on 1953 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I like mushrooms, too. I've heard mushroom haters say both.....the texture and the fact it's a fungus.
I can't believe you didn't say mushrooms and onions. It's one of the best food combinations of all time, if you like them both. Pan fried together...
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #17328
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I like mushrooms, too. I've heard mushroom haters say both.....the texture and the fact it's a fungus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I don't like any of it.
What I find funny is that people who hate mushrooms freak out if there is any on their pizza. I don't know about you, but I can't even notice them, and they are decent sized mushrooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
I can't believe you didn't say mushrooms and onions. It's one of the best food combinations of all time, if you like them both. Pan fried together...
It's good, but it's not the best food combination. That title goes to creamed/mashed potatoes and corn.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:13 AM   #17329
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,340
Liked 3001 Times on 1953 Posts

Default

Chocolate and peanut butter.
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #17330
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 25,573
Liked 8921 Times on 5337 Posts
Likes Given: 11925

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
I can't believe you didn't say mushrooms and onions. It's one of the best food combinations of all time, if you like them both. Pan fried together...
Yep, Primer, you are right. I occasionally sautee Mushrooms and Onions in butter and eat it just as it is. Sometimes it's just onions. Mushrooms and Onions are a great combo, indeed.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM



Newest Threads