Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #17261
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

or ... play the game yourself and get better than Fathead
I play once in a while but I have issues with vertigo and can't play for very long.. Plus he's a gamehog and isn't good at taking turns.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #17262
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
I remember a old Chinese quote that said something to the effect "When the Government becomes lazy and corrupt, so does its people"
That's a chicken and egg argument waiting to happen.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #17263

Liked 2351 Times on 1529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Take it from someone that lived in amish country-you DO NOT want to do this.
I thought about this, I would have to leave the forum then.

Seriously, I know someone that has caught two different Amish guys on their cell phones. For real. What do you think those windmills are for? Generators for their cell phones. They probably talk about their wives leg hair or armpits.

Feral cat waterboarder

Last edited by winds-of-change; 11-14-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #17264
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
What is it with these rangers anyhow? Its not like the campground is crowded, hell it is pretty much deserted. They should be glad that there is anybody there at all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Are things just seem to be backward from common sense these days? Viking, you are right, they should be happy anyone is there supporting there job.
You guys have obviously never had a gubment job. More customers = more work, not more pay. Even job security isn't as tightly tied to activity levels as in the private sector. I think that is part of the problem with government waste.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #17265

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

[quote=primer1;1013934]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Take it from someone that lived in amish country-you DO NOT want to do this.[/QUOTE

I thought about this, I would have to leave the forum then.

Seriously, I know someone that has caught two different Amish guys on their cell phones. For real. What do you think those windmills are for? Generators for their cell phones. They probably talk about their wives leg hair or armpits.
We have several Amish families in the community and most of them are very nice - - - but they are different - - - in this sect they can have electricity in their barn but not their houses, they can have cell phones but not landline phones, they can have skid steers but not tractors, they can drive equipment in the gravel pit but must walk or buggy to work.

They cannot ride horses but can pile a bunch of people in a buggy behind one horse, the kids cannot ride bicycles but can ride scooters with 20" wheels, they cannot keep score when they play games so that the winners do not show pride, they cannot race ( either on foot or with buggys ) so that there will not be a prideful winner.

I have hired several and they make good workers and I get along with them but we just agree not to judge each other. I love the family unity they have - - - every time a son marries they add another wing to the house and have several generations all together with a common kitchen facility.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #17266

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Those are mininights(sp?). BIG difference

Old 11-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #17267
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6754 Times on 4081 Posts
Likes Given: 8069

[quote=gwk4667;1013987]

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post

We have several Amish families in the community and most of them are very nice - - - but they are different - - - in this sect they can have electricity in their barn but not their houses, they can have cell phones but not landline phones, they can have skid steers but not tractors, they can drive equipment in the gravel pit but must walk or buggy to work.

They cannot ride horses but can pile a bunch of people in a buggy behind one horse, the kids cannot ride bicycles but can ride scooters with 20" wheels, they cannot keep score when they play games so that the winners do not show pride, they cannot race ( either on foot or with buggys ) so that there will not be a prideful winner.

I have hired several and they make good workers and I get along with them but we just agree not to judge each other. I love the family unity they have - - - every time a son marries they add another wing to the house and have several generations all together with a common kitchen facility.
I wonder how they decide what they can and can't have. How is a cell phone different than a land line other than the electricity. It's still a convenience and many people nowadays only have cell phones. What's the difference between a bike and a scooter with a 20" wheel?

When I got married, if I had to go live in my in laws house and share a kitchen I'd go crazy. I am at my daughter's quite a bit but there is some sanity both for her and I that I go home after a few hours.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #17268

Liked 2351 Times on 1529 Posts

If I had to live with my in laws I would have used a gu... Sorry, mods. I can't say that, can I?

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 11-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #17269
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3015 Times on 1686 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1
If I had to live with my in laws I would have used a gu... Sorry, mods. I can't say that, can I?
I think my sister-in-law would have hurt somebody by now if she had to live with my parents...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #17270

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

I think my sister-in-law would have hurt somebody by now if she had to live with my parents...
So you and Walt's moving in w your parents?????