Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1726
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 05:21 AM   #17251
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
It's official. I'm a Black Ops 2 widow.....
or ... play the game yourself and get better than Fathead

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 11-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #17252
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8812 Times on 5096 Posts
Likes Given: 11483

So a buddy of mine was visiting me today at my business and telling me about the past few weeks of his life. He recently walked away from his house which he had been underwater on for quite some time. He is 63 and he and his sister Betty are now living out of his car. He has a beagle he has had for several years and she has a chihuahua that she recently got. Many nights they are staying at campgrounds, sometimes for several nights in a row, but the campgrounds have a maximum number of nights you can stay. Anyhow, the other night they were staying at the Coyote Lake Campground with their two dogs and lo and behold the chihuahua had two puppies! (total surprise- she must have been preggers when Betty got her). next thing they know the park ranger comes up and tells them they have too many dogs, maximum is two per campsite or some BS and my friend says that they only had two when they arrived. Next thing the ranger starts quizzing them on where do they live, are they living out of their car, where did they get their mail and all sorts of other BS. WTF? Other than two tiny little newborn pups they were complying with all of the rules. They had paid the fees and were staying only a couple of nights.

What is it with these rangers anyhow? Its not like the campground is crowded, hell it is pretty much deserted. They should be glad that there is anybody there at all!

Anyhow, I told him he could stay in my trailer I use for an office and work it off by tending the store while I run errands. He said he will consider it but he doesn't want to impose. The funny part is that I lease the land from the parks and have it in my lease that I can have somebody living there during the season.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #17253

Liked 2567 Times on 1669 Posts

Are things just seem to be backward from common sense these days? Viking, you are right, they should be happy anyone is there supporting there job. Instead, they are flexing their superiority complex muscle and trying to be a Nazi. It would be different if the place was packed. Common sense has no place in this modern world. I think I wanna be Amish.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 11-14-2012, 06:06 AM   #17254

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Another music post. Seems fitting considering its a gun forum.

image-1580053738.jpg  

-Matt

Old 11-14-2012, 06:13 AM   #17255

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Are things just seem to be backward from common sense these days? Viking, you are right, they should be happy anyone is there supporting there job. Instead, they are flexing their superiority complex muscle and trying to be a Nazi. It would be different if the place was packed. Common sense has no place in this modern world. I think I wanna be Amish.
Not only that but where is their sense of human decency? I mean busting somebody's balls over a couple of pups that will literally fit in one hand? And then going after their circumstances as well! That's what really pissed me off. I wanted to go do a beat-down on the bastard and I am not a violent person! (well, aside from that one time. or two....)

Even if the place was packed it doesn't mean that a ranger needs to be a dick about anything like he was. Literally the only legitimate thing he had against them was a dog and her two newborn pups, all three of which fit comfortably inside a medium sized lunch box. The dogs weren't even barking for Pete's sake!

Old 11-14-2012, 06:17 AM   #17256

Here's a pic of one of the pups

dsc_0110.jpg  

Old 11-14-2012, 06:20 AM   #17257

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
So a buddy of mine was visiting me today at my business and telling me about the past few weeks of his life. He recently walked away from his house which he had been underwater on for quite some time. He is 63 and he and his sister Betty are now living out of his car. He has a beagle he has had for several years and she has a chihuahua that she recently got. Many nights they are staying at campgrounds, sometimes for several nights in a row, but the campgrounds have a maximum number of nights you can stay. Anyhow, the other night they were staying at the Coyote Lake Campground with their two dogs and lo and behold the chihuahua had two puppies! (total surprise- she must have been preggers when Betty got her). next thing they know the park ranger comes up and tells them they have too many dogs, maximum is two per campsite or some BS and my friend says that they only had two when they arrived. Next thing the ranger starts quizzing them on where do they live, are they living out of their car, where did they get their mail and all sorts of other BS. WTF? Other than two tiny little newborn pups they were complying with all of the rules. They had paid the fees and were staying only a couple of nights.

What is it with these rangers anyhow? Its not like the campground is crowded, hell it is pretty much deserted. They should be glad that there is anybody there at all!

Anyhow, I told him he could stay in my trailer I use for an office and work it off by tending the store while I run errands. He said he will consider it but he doesn't want to impose. The funny part is that I lease the land from the parks and have it in my lease that I can have somebody living there during the season.
Viking, the rangers around here are basically the same. You ever see that movie Super Troopers? They'd fit into that movie perfectly.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #17258

Some of the rangers around here are cool to me because I have been around longer than any of them, but they aren't that way to everybody. There is one who works for the State parks who is a real dick to just about everybody, lording over people as often as he can. I don't take any crap from him though and he knows well enough to leave me alone. His predecessor was just as bad, a guy named Miles Standish. Yes, he was a direct descendant from that Miles Standish and would tell you at the drop of a hat, he would even drop the hat himself.

Bunch of wannabees with little pricks.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #17259

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1
Take it from someone that lived in amish country-you DO NOT want to do this.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #17260
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7779 Times on 4670 Posts
Likes Given: 9754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
It's official. I'm a Black Ops 2 widow.....
I am so sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
or ... play the game yourself and get better than Fathead
I agree with Dog. Great idea.

Quote:
He is 63 and he and his sister Betty are now living out of his car.
This is the absolute worst part of your story. To be 63 and homeless would be the absolute pits. By 63, one should be living comfortably. God bless him and his sister.

Quote:
Here's a pic of one of the pups
I want it.