Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1693
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #16921
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,660
Liked 2570 Times on 1671 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Yup! In a MS firearms forum i have visited, there is a specific stickified thread to list all the traitors to the 2A. Maybe that would be a good idea in the individual state forums?
That's what I don't get. Independently owned, and he teaches ccw classes. There's nothing like contradicting yourself.
__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #16922
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,548
Liked 8826 Times on 5105 Posts
Likes Given: 11519

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
That's what I don't get. Independently owned, and he teaches ccw classes. There's nothing like contradicting yourself.
Just for sh!ts and grins it would be a hoot to sign up for one of his classes and call him on his policy in front of all of his students, then if he doesn't equivocate on his policy demand your money back for the class.
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #16923
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,155
Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Just for sh!ts and grins it would be a hoot to sign up for one of his classes and call him on his policy in front of all of his students, then if he doesn't equivocate on his policy demand your money back for the class.
Reckon how much these classes cost? Maybe somebody could call and ask him about that and his policies? He may only allow toy firearms during training.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #16924
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,155
Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

OK, any of you clothes-minded people know where a guy could find a mesh-lined anorak or similar hooded pullover of the rain-proof/water-resistant persuasion? I have a nice old zip-up Puma wind/rain coat with a large mesh liner, but i want a pullover version. I found unlined and flannel-lined and lined with that crap that lined the cheapo windbreaker jackets in the '80's.

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #16925
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,548
Liked 8826 Times on 5105 Posts
Likes Given: 11519

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Reckon how much these classes cost?
Hell, if you can't afford to write a check then put it on a credit card. At least then you can call the company and dispute the charge.
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #16926
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 6,601
Liked 3739 Times on 2075 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
OK, any of you clothes-minded people know where a guy could find a mesh-lined anorak or similar hooded pullover of the rain-proof/water-resistant persuasion? I have a nice old zip-up Puma wind/rain coat with a large mesh liner, but i want a pullover version. I found unlined and flannel-lined and lined with that crap that lined the cheapo windbreaker jackets in the '80's.
Backcountry.com maybe?
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #16927
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Just for sh!ts and grins it would be a hoot to sign up for one of his classes and call him on his policy in front of all of his students, then if he doesn't equivocate on his policy demand your money back for the class.
I like the way you think.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #16928
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,660
Liked 2570 Times on 1671 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Hell, if you can't afford to write a check then put it on a credit card. At least then you can call the company and dispute the charge.
It would be fun, but not worth my time.
__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #16929
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pagj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prescott Valley,Arizona
Posts: 2,431
Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default

So Ruger hired me on from temp... That said my hands hurt... I shoot all day now...

__________________

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

pagj17 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #16930
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tacticalfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,224
Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17
So Ruger hired me on from temp... That said my hands hurt... I shoot all day now...
Lucky bugger.
__________________
tacticalfun is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 06:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 11:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 05:47 PM