Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #16911
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Dang its cold out , I wonder if the same folks who put down all the election signs will pick them up soon ?
BET NOT ! Regardless of who wins , they should be responsible for getting them up , if not , then fine the campaign after a certain time , they just looks like hell
Here in Indiana the person runing for office is responcible for getting all signs removed and cleaned up within 5 working days - - - then there are substantial fines involved.

Since this was passed the cleanup is normally done in about 2 days!

Old 11-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #16912

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
Dang its cold out , I wonder if the same folks who put down all the election signs will pick them up soon ?
BET NOT ! Regardless of who wins , they should be responsible for getting them up , if not , then fine the campaign after a certain time , they just looks like hell
They make dandy targets.....I'm taking every one of the dang things I can get my grimy Mitts on pun intended

Old 11-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #16913

Liked 2340 Times on 1521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

They make dandy targets.....I'm taking every one of the dang things I can get my grimy Mitts on pun intended
That they do. I've been using them for years. Tape a target to it then jam it in the ground.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 11-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #16914

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

The campaign signs around here are cheap trash and not good for anything.

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 11-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #16915

Liked 2340 Times on 1521 Posts

So there is a new privately owned sporting goods store nearby. I stopped in when they were closed on a Monday a few weeks ago. Ok, fine, I'll be back another day. I stopped two more times during the advertised open hours, and they were closed. I decided that was strike two.

Today I stopped in again. Lights on inside. I get out of my car and noticed the door said no loaded firearms beyond this point. Not a state or county issued sign, but nicely done lettered on the door. I stepped inside (while ccw'ing) and asked if a licensed ccw was ok. He said no way, if you want to come in here you will have to leave your gun in your car. So I got in my car and left.

I didn't get enough sleep last night, so maybe I'm a bit grumpy. But, I voted, no ccw allowed there. I stopped at a gas station I've never been to, no ccw there. I gave blood and donated $ to the storm victims at the red cross, no ccw there. Then of all places a gun store.

Keep in mind he also advertises ccw class training. Is there any legitimate reason he would not allow ccw licence bearers that right? Or am I missing something?

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 11-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #16916

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

No, it's him. He is in the wrong business. Being flighty about being opened during posted hours, maybe he shouldn't be in any business. I feel pretty confident it will work out and a better business person will occupy that shop when this asshat looks for second year capital.

NEVER FORGET

Old 11-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #16917

Liked 952 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 515

Hell we get to chamber rounds at my lil local shop , well that is if your a regular and you dont or have not ever swept every one in the room with yours or a display .

I dont like being swept by pink rugers

Oh and yea , I forgot . Ben Franklin can take his day light savings and shove it up his decomposed ass . For me it means , kids go to bed LATER and then they wake up EARLIER ! Man this sucks , use to be fun back in the bar days when you got a extra hour to throw down and pick up chicks but when you have kids ......

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #16918
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7684 Times on 4433 Posts
Likes Given: 9903

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
So there is a new privately owned sporting goods store nearby. I stopped in when they were closed on a Monday a few weeks ago. Ok, fine, I'll be back another day. I stopped two more times during the advertised open hours, and they were closed. I decided that was strike two.

Today I stopped in again. Lights on inside. I get out of my car and noticed the door said no loaded firearms beyond this point. Not a state or county issued sign, but nicely done lettered on the door. I stepped inside (while ccw'ing) and asked if a licensed ccw was ok. He said no way, if you want to come in here you will have to leave your gun in your car. So I got in my car and left.

I didn't get enough sleep last night, so maybe I'm a bit grumpy. But, I voted, no ccw allowed there. I stopped at a gas station I've never been to, no ccw there. I gave blood and donated $ to the storm victims at the red cross, no ccw there. Then of all places a gun store.

Keep in mind he also advertises ccw class training. Is there any legitimate reason he would not allow ccw licence bearers that right? Or am I missing something?
Name the store. Its only fair after all. Stupid should hurt.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #16919
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Name the store. Its only fair after all. Stupid should hurt.
Yup! In a MS firearms forum i have visited, there is a specific stickified thread to list all the traitors to the 2A. Maybe that would be a good idea in the individual state forums?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 11-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #16920

Liked 952 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 515

His sign wont matter if you know who wins tonight , he will be swamped and there will be another ammo and gun shortage like the last time

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.