Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1692
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #16911
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 476
Liked 118 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Dang its cold out , I wonder if the same folks who put down all the election signs will pick them up soon ?
BET NOT ! Regardless of who wins , they should be responsible for getting them up , if not , then fine the campaign after a certain time , they just looks like hell
Here in Indiana the person runing for office is responcible for getting all signs removed and cleaned up within 5 working days - - - then there are substantial fines involved.

Since this was passed the cleanup is normally done in about 2 days!
gwk4667 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #16912
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
Dang its cold out , I wonder if the same folks who put down all the election signs will pick them up soon ?
BET NOT ! Regardless of who wins , they should be responsible for getting them up , if not , then fine the campaign after a certain time , they just looks like hell
They make dandy targets.....I'm taking every one of the dang things I can get my grimy Mitts on pun intended
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #16913
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,017
Liked 2781 Times on 1808 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

They make dandy targets.....I'm taking every one of the dang things I can get my grimy Mitts on pun intended
That they do. I've been using them for years. Tape a target to it then jam it in the ground.
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #16914
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PC167's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Des Moines,Iowa
Posts: 1,043
Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Default

The campaign signs around here are cheap trash and not good for anything.
__________________
Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
PC167 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #16915
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,017
Liked 2781 Times on 1808 Posts

Default

So there is a new privately owned sporting goods store nearby. I stopped in when they were closed on a Monday a few weeks ago. Ok, fine, I'll be back another day. I stopped two more times during the advertised open hours, and they were closed. I decided that was strike two.

Today I stopped in again. Lights on inside. I get out of my car and noticed the door said no loaded firearms beyond this point. Not a state or county issued sign, but nicely done lettered on the door. I stepped inside (while ccw'ing) and asked if a licensed ccw was ok. He said no way, if you want to come in here you will have to leave your gun in your car. So I got in my car and left.

I didn't get enough sleep last night, so maybe I'm a bit grumpy. But, I voted, no ccw allowed there. I stopped at a gas station I've never been to, no ccw there. I gave blood and donated $ to the storm victims at the red cross, no ccw there. Then of all places a gun store.

Keep in mind he also advertises ccw class training. Is there any legitimate reason he would not allow ccw licence bearers that right? Or am I missing something?
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #16916
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
downsouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,009
Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default

No, it's him. He is in the wrong business. Being flighty about being opened during posted hours, maybe he shouldn't be in any business. I feel pretty confident it will work out and a better business person will occupy that shop when this asshat looks for second year capital.
__________________
NEVER FORGET
downsouth is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #16917
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,878
Liked 1306 Times on 938 Posts
Likes Given: 647

Default

Hell we get to chamber rounds at my lil local shop , well that is if your a regular and you dont or have not ever swept every one in the room with yours or a display .

I dont like being swept by pink rugers

Oh and yea , I forgot . Ben Franklin can take his day light savings and shove it up his decomposed ass . For me it means , kids go to bed LATER and then they wake up EARLIER ! Man this sucks , use to be fun back in the bar days when you got a extra hour to throw down and pick up chicks but when you have kids ......
__________________
Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
MobileMarine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #16918
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
So there is a new privately owned sporting goods store nearby. I stopped in when they were closed on a Monday a few weeks ago. Ok, fine, I'll be back another day. I stopped two more times during the advertised open hours, and they were closed. I decided that was strike two.

Today I stopped in again. Lights on inside. I get out of my car and noticed the door said no loaded firearms beyond this point. Not a state or county issued sign, but nicely done lettered on the door. I stepped inside (while ccw'ing) and asked if a licensed ccw was ok. He said no way, if you want to come in here you will have to leave your gun in your car. So I got in my car and left.

I didn't get enough sleep last night, so maybe I'm a bit grumpy. But, I voted, no ccw allowed there. I stopped at a gas station I've never been to, no ccw there. I gave blood and donated $ to the storm victims at the red cross, no ccw there. Then of all places a gun store.

Keep in mind he also advertises ccw class training. Is there any legitimate reason he would not allow ccw licence bearers that right? Or am I missing something?
Name the store. Its only fair after all. Stupid should hurt.
Vikingdad is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #16919
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Name the store. Its only fair after all. Stupid should hurt.
Yup! In a MS firearms forum i have visited, there is a specific stickified thread to list all the traitors to the 2A. Maybe that would be a good idea in the individual state forums?
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #16920
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,878
Liked 1306 Times on 938 Posts
Likes Given: 647

Default

His sign wont matter if you know who wins tonight , he will be swamped and there will be another ammo and gun shortage like the last time
__________________
Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
MobileMarine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM



Newest Threads