Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1682
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #16811
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
This is what I told her last night.
Your pillow talk technique is reinforcing some stereotypes for us down here.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #16812

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Damn gwk. Rest up, heal up, take care of yourself. I had an umbilical hernia, but it wasn't nearly as bad as yours sounds.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #16813
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
Well I should be on the mend now - - - Got a massive hernia last week and they could not do surgery till yesterday.

I helped my 4 year old grand daughter in her pumpkin patch - - - she would take customers on her golf cart and I loaded the ones they picked - - - some were very big - - - I should have used the skid steer. That was on a Saturday and while I was tender I never gave it much thought. Then the following Tuesday morning I coughed and my colon came out just to the right of my right testicle as big as my doubled fist! Talk about painful and shocking!

The MRI showed I had tears on the left as well so I now look like I had a cesarean! Got a row of staples so it looks like a railroad track right above my third member.

They put a mesh reinforcement in but said I should limit myself to 50# for the rest of my life - - - 12 ounces for the next two weeks, 10# for 5 weeks after that.

It is a pain getting old! But I guess there are many worse things! I hated the thought of the pain meds but I guess I will need at least something for a while. Staples out next Wednesday.

One thing about it the doctors and nursing staff at the Fort Wayne VA Hospital are top notch!

I’m ready to stop hurting!
Feel better man! That is some scary stuff.

12oz eh? At least you can have a beer, better go with the can though; those bottles and mugs are heavy

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 11-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #16814

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

When this happened I have had neighbors lining up to help - - - feeding cattle etc

Makes a man feel good to know people care about him!

Old 11-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #16815

Liked 1102 Times on 798 Posts
Likes Given: 565

Nothing like being on open water bright and early to 30mph winds and 40 degrees outside winterizing a dang boat .
Now I am the first to rock out in thee biggest pos car or truck and i dont much car for the junk they call suvs and trucks these days but damn it ....
Seat heaters in my tahoe are a God send . HOW DID WE SURVIVE ? And why has no one thought to put electric heat in a car that would work until the motor got warm ?????!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!
Finished up yesterday 40 miles out in the boonies up by kerr lake , the boat was under some shelters at a old home stead with the barns and homes falling in .
Now I love to look through stuff like that . I walk over to the house not expecting to see much then i see this gem

If it were a Harley it would have gotten shoved in the back of the tahoe .
Would not have thought twice about it . Tags went out in 1980 ..... just sayin

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

orangello Likes This 
Old 11-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #16816
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7174 Times on 4318 Posts
Likes Given: 8753

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Now I love to look through stuff like that . I walk over to the house not expecting to see much then i see this gem

If it were a Harley it would have gotten shoved in the back of the tahoe .
Would not have thought twice about it . Tags went out in 1980 ..... just sayin
And you get so pissed when people steal from you.........just sayin'.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #16817

Liked 1102 Times on 798 Posts
Likes Given: 565

I know I know . i did call about it and my thoughts were verified , it belongs to some ceo of a big bank way out of town and he is a crazy old coot that sells nothing . I knew something was up since it had been there that whole time , out in the woods , out in the middle of no where . I felt like I was in someones sights the whole time i was there .
I have learned in life that there are someplaces you just dont go around or mess with .
Like finding a gold bar in the middle of the mall during christmas .........
There is a reason no one has gotten it yet

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #16818
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8311 Times on 4803 Posts
Likes Given: 10772

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
Well I should be on the mend now - - - Got a massive hernia last week and they could not do surgery till yesterday.

I helped my 4 year old grand daughter in her pumpkin patch - - - she would take customers on her golf cart and I loaded the ones they picked - - - some were very big - - - I should have used the skid steer. That was on a Saturday and while I was tender I never gave it much thought. Then the following Tuesday morning I coughed and my colon came out just to the right of my right testicle as big as my doubled fist! Talk about painful and shocking!

The MRI showed I had tears on the left as well so I now look like I had a cesarean! Got a row of staples so it looks like a railroad track right above my third member.

They put a mesh reinforcement in but said I should limit myself to 50# for the rest of my life - - - 12 ounces for the next two weeks, 10# for 5 weeks after that.

It is a pain getting old! But I guess there are many worse things! I hated the thought of the pain meds but I guess I will need at least something for a while. Staples out next Wednesday.

One thing about it the doctors and nursing staff at the Fort Wayne VA Hospital are top notch!

I’m ready to stop hurting!
Holy smokes man! Take care of yourself!

Old 11-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #16819

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Hmmm........

Old 11-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #16820
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1143 Times on 745 Posts
Likes Given: 680

just got a text from my wife saying she wants to have a dry weekend... i read this as i sat staring at my 2nd glass of wine... oops.. maybe next weekend.. lol.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.