Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1681
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #16801
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy60
What they don't know won't hurt them. Take your gun to your room but don't tell anybody.
This is what I told her last night.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #16802
At least my puppy loves me.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1887 Times on 1045 Posts
Likes Given: 5676

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
. . .
If guns didn't ever exist . . .
I'd invent them.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #16803

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
K, I need a moment, this has been bugging me all day...
I'm planning on going to Wyotech in April, so I was talking to the admissions rep last night, asked what their policy was on firearms, if I could have them in my apartment, you know... She said, "We don't allow firearms in student housing because we're federally funded."

So, what you're saying is, because you get money from the federal government, which was built around the constitution, you aren't going to allow me to practice my constitutional rights?

Is it just me or does that just not make any sense at all?

sounds like a bulls!-!it answer that most sheeple will take as "QFT" and "fall in line."

if that IS the case, then how would she explain states all over the US passin laws for CC permits on campus?

you can't tell me that all these AIN'T federally funded to some extent.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 11-02-2012, 01:51 AM   #16804

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL

I'd invent them.
And then I'd buy one.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #16805

Liked 36 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 841

I was always told " it's easier to get forgiveness than permission". I call bs on their rule

Old 11-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #16806
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3715 Times on 2059 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
It could very well be that that is their policy, but being Federally FUNDED does not have JACK to do with it. Being Federal PROPERTY is another matter.

When I go to the National Mine Academy, I cannot carry- Federal property. When I go to the various OSHA academies (which are NOT on Federal Property) I am subject to the local laws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS

sounds like a bulls!-!it answer that most sheeple will take as "QFT" and "fall in line."

if that IS the case, then how would she explain states all over the US passin laws for CC permits on campus?

you can't tell me that all these AIN'T federally funded to some extent.
I thought it sounded wrong, that's why I ask you guys... I don't know what I'm going to do, I would like to have a place to live and do my best not to get kicked out...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:11 AM   #16807
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
K, I need a moment, this has been bugging me all day...
I'm planning on going to Wyotech in April, so I was talking to the admissions rep last night, asked what their policy was on firearms, if I could have them in my apartment, you know... She said, "We don't allow firearms in student housing because we're federally funded."

So, what you're saying is, because you get money from the federal government, which was built around the constitution, you aren't going to allow me to practice my constitutional rights?

Is it just me or does that just not make any sense at all?
Sounds to me like she was not reading from the book and the "federal funding" BS was just a red herring. What I would do is to call the Laramie campus (I presume that would be where you would go) and ask them what the official policy is regarding legally possessed firearms by CCW permit holders (I presume you have one in Utah) in student housing and to provide you with documentation backing it up. On their website they say that "weapons" are a violation of the code of ethics or some such ambiguous statement. It does not say what, if any, consequences there are for having a legally possessed firearm in your dorm room would be.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #16808

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Well I should be on the mend now - - - Got a massive hernia last week and they could not do surgery till yesterday.

I helped my 4 year old grand daughter in her pumpkin patch - - - she would take customers on her golf cart and I loaded the ones they picked - - - some were very big - - - I should have used the skid steer. That was on a Saturday and while I was tender I never gave it much thought. Then the following Tuesday morning I coughed and my colon came out just to the right of my right testicle as big as my doubled fist! Talk about painful and shocking!

The MRI showed I had tears on the left as well so I now look like I had a cesarean! Got a row of staples so it looks like a railroad track right above my third member.

They put a mesh reinforcement in but said I should limit myself to 50# for the rest of my life - - - 12 ounces for the next two weeks, 10# for 5 weeks after that.

It is a pain getting old! But I guess there are many worse things! I hated the thought of the pain meds but I guess I will need at least something for a while. Staples out next Wednesday.

One thing about it the doctors and nursing staff at the Fort Wayne VA Hospital are top notch!

I’m ready to stop hurting!

Old 11-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #16809
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
...Where's the fun in that? Life's no fun unless you risk getting horrible viruses, and seeing things that will make you want to wash your eyes out with acid.
I'll have to remember this for the next time i need to get somebody to go to a strip club.

The last time i went to one in Jackson, MS i tipped a pregnant stripper NOT to give me a lapdance (like 7 months preggo at least ). I seriously had nightmares off that-"No Split, No Spilt!".

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #16810
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy60 View Post
What they don't know won't hurt them. Take your gun to your room but don't tell anybody.
Yup! In a lockbox or portasafe. Anybody asks, look at them reeeeally serious-like and say "it's her medication; it keeps the rest of us in line".

Dead Bears, the only good kind.