Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1659
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #16581
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 924 Times on 589 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Did it ever work out ?
I got 2 Scouts and a Pickup.... I even had both the Scouts running about 15 minutes after he dropped them off.... Made over $1000 parting out just one of the scouts!!!

Old 10-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #16582
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Abandoned Scouts? Probably a few of those around; some people wise up after a while.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #16583
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8754 Times on 5230 Posts
Likes Given: 11609

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Almost went home friday night after the sitter called and said madison and evan were at the windows and doors crying , wanting to know where daddy was .
Good thing you didn't go back home. Your kids will learn that you will always return and that other people can take good care of them, too.
I'm glad you had a nice, relaxing weekend. If I were the babysitter, I wouldn't have called to tell you that because I wouldn't want you worrying when your kids were perfectly safe.

I took 12 pounds of spent brass to the recycle center today and got $9 for it. (Sorry, Trez)
bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 10-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #16584

Liked 761 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 274

Raging pissed. Bunch of friggin BS!! A dam shame if you want my fuggin $.02.

dhcustomwork.com
/ dhcustomwork@gmail.com

Old 10-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #16585
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBaller71 View Post
And a happy Monday to you too!

Old 10-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #16586

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBaller71
I feel your pain man.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #16587
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Good thing you didn't go back home. Your kids will learn that you will always return and that other people can take good care of them, too.
I'm glad you had a nice, relaxing weekend. If I were the babysitter, I wouldn't have called to tell you that because I wouldn't want you worrying when your kids were perfectly safe.

I took 12 pounds of spent brass to the recycle center today and got $9 for it. (Sorry, Trez)
Winds, not to get you all wound up or anything but you really should call around to different recyclers for pricing before bringing it in. Those people will and do take advantage of you and can spot an easy mark when they pull in the parking lot. I just called the recycler here and they are paying $2 a pound for yellow brass, this is their phone price. I am usually able to talk them up another 25 to 50 cents a pound when I am there because ammo brass is very high quality stuff and I keep mine sorted and clean. I will collect all the brass I can at the range, separate out what I can reload (or plan on reloading in the future) and toss the rest into the recycle buckets. Its pretty good money. I also collect and sell other scrap metal, but the brass and copper I separate out because it is much more valuable.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #16588
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
3.9 quake about 40 miles north of Memphis this morning.

New Madrid is LONG overdue to pop. Last time it did, it rang church bells in new York.

Kinda like the zombie apocalypse. The hardest part for me will be hiding my excitement. I think that with the political climate, all we really need is a natural disaster or two to really piss people off.
When i lived in midtown Memphis, we had one buddy in our circle of friends with a lifted Bronco; our plan was to meet at his place to escape the ring of 240 that would trap everyone in Midtown. Of course, my third floor 1920's era apartment would have been a big pile of bricks. After going through the power outages of "hurricane Elvis", i would shudder to think about the craziness of all those people trapped in Memphis.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #16589

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

When i lived in midtown Memphis, we had one buddy in our circle of friends with a lifted Bronco; our plan was to meet at his place to escape the ring of 240 that would trap everyone in Midtown. Of course, my third floor 1920's era apartment would have been a big pile of bricks. After going through the power outages of "hurricane Elvis", i would shudder to think about the craziness of all those people trapped in Memphis.
I often think about the 240 loop around Memphis being a containment barrier if Marshall law were enforced. Other cities have the same loops. Portland has 205.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #16590
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I often think about the 240 loop around Memphis being a containment barrier if Marshall law were enforced. Other cities have the same loops. Portland has 205.
Well before i left, they had installed cables to keep the overpasses from collapsing onto the loop, but they didn't seem to be designed to keep the overpasses working (not without a good 5 foot drop-off on each end). We got to the point of scoping out decent crossing places with few or no K-rails. IIRC, down by Getwell was one good spot.

I had some friends who would've starved sober, if i hadn't been bringing back trunkloads of ice, beer, and taco-bell everyday during the power outage. If you are going paycheck-to-paycheck, and a tree crushes your car and the house you are renting, you could be in deep doody.

Last edited by orangello; 10-29-2012 at 06:59 PM.