Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1647
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #16461
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Try to explain to newbies just how hot and humid towboatin is in the summer. They all say they love working in the heat. Until they get on the barge. Most quit some fall out. Had some go to the hospital. Always say man that's the hottest place ever. Haha

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #16462
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2776 Times on 1681 Posts
Likes Given: 2803

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
There once was a woman, who never really asked, but tried to shame me into it. She berated me. Made me feel inferior because of it.

Now there's a special little boy, who HAS been asking. Very sweetly. He says "Daddy, I don't want you to die young."

There's a special woman. She doesn't seem to mind, but I know she does. She accepts it, because she accepts me for who I am. I care.

There's others in my family. Some refrain because it's socially unacceptable these days. Some because of the heart disease that runs in our family.

I feel like I'm missing out. I can't stand too close to the ones I care about and share their lives, because I stink.

I have a hard time walking without getting out of breath. I can hardly bend over to tie my shoes without wheezing. I've gotten weak, and I've gotten lazy.

I quit. Starting yesterday around dinner time. I don't remember the exact hour, but there ya go. I'm ****ing done smoking.
I used to smoke a pipe. Got to the point of smoking a pound or two a week. Sores in the mouth. Pretty bad.

My wife was sitting in the living room one day while I was at work. She was crying and praying that God would help me stop smoking. 3 year old daughter walks in and asks "What's wrong, mommy?" Mom: "Daddy smokes his pipes and it's hurting him and I'm praying that he'll stop." Child: "Can I pray too?" Mom: "Sure honey..." Child screws her eyes shut, folds her hands together and say "God, break Daddy's pipes in his hands. Amen." She's done praying, and goes off to play.

I owned 5 expensive pipes with the acrylic stems that you could drive nails with between bowls. All of them well broken in. Four in a row snapped in my hands while taking them apart to clean them. The last broke during a Christmas visit to the outlaws house. Went to Walgreens and bought a Dr. Grabow. Smoked that for a little while. First time I took it apart, you guessed it, I snapped the stem.

Quit cold turkey after that. My wife didn't tell me about daughter praying for over a year. She was afraid I'd get mad. I'm not mad, I brag on them both whenever this subject comes up.

You can do this, Trip.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 10-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #16463

Liked 1282 Times on 922 Posts
Likes Given: 636

I think its time for me to go back in and get another pointless meningitis ..
I mean steroid shots for my back . Got the last MRI and everything has gotten worse with a bit new stuff . Mind you , I have had almost a dozen different type of injections in less than 4 months time trying to get back on track and all have failed and the shots hurt worse than my back does .
Now he wants to try it again in a different spot I did 5 full service winterizations yesterday and thought I was going to die even with 50mg of the fentynal $hit .
Going to be a tough season with no help , I can see that already
But at least I get to rock out on my pontoon while making the green

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 10-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #16464
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Try to explain to newbies just how hot and humid towboatin is in the summer. They all say they love working in the heat. Until they get on the barge. Most quit some fall out. Had some go to the hospital. Always say man that's the hottest place ever. Haha
Knew a guy from Memphis, TN who went to work the barges on the MS river. He wore three pair of gloves and still quit the second winter; said it was just too cold out there with nothing to break the wind.

Only thing he said about the heat was that any thin metal got REALLY HOT in that sun.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #16465
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I did 5 full service winterizations yesterday and thought I was going to die even with 50mg of the fentynal $hit .
DAMN! MM, you need to get that shat fixed ASAP!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #16466
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2776 Times on 1681 Posts
Likes Given: 2803

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
From french to Jamaican in 3....2......1......
Hmmm....french, Jamaican,...isn't that where Louisiana came from?

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 10-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #16467

Liked 1282 Times on 922 Posts
Likes Given: 636

It gets chally out here when its 33 , windy and misty out on the lake running 30-40mph with no wind shield . BUt ahhh I shall put curtains on the ol pontoon this winter with a lil space heater .
Take that cold weather !

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 10-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #16468
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
It gets chally out here when its 33 , windy and misty out on the lake running 30-40mph with no wind shield . BUt ahhh I shall put curtains on the ol pontoon this winter with a lil space heater .
Take that cold weather !
An old school, franklin-type wood stove would be pretty funny/classic.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #16469

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
Hmmm....french, Jamaican,...isn't that where Louisiana came from?
Nope. LA came frome the smart half breed frenchies leaving MS to the dumbies......and full frenchies

Old 10-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #16470

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

French, Indian, blacks, some Spanish... similar to Haiti.

Creoles are pretty much mutts. Random fact that not many know, there is actually a creole language. Some bastardization of the above associated languages I guess.

They're also some of the smartest, most loyal, wildest, and ingenious people I've met. Too bad I can't understand a single damn thing most of them are saying. Even when they're speaking "English".