Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #16431
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Zombiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest,Indiana
Posts: 4,126
Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

That's great Trip! I quit drinking last month. Same motivations you have. That makes it easier. Its not easy, but it is easier.
Good job guys! I quit cold turkey five and a half years ago and will never smoke again. After 3 days the physical need is gone. It's all mental from there. You can do it!
__________________
Zombiegirl is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #16432
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

I've dumped and washed my ashtrays. Every scrap of fabric is going to get washed. I'm going to drench the inside of my car with renuzit. The cigarette machine is going to my sister (she has a friend that wants one, and I don't wanna just toss it), along with my leftover tobacco. I'm tossing my pipes too. I don't smoke pot, and there's only one reason to keep them, and that's to smoke out of, so they gotsta go.

I already feel like I smell better.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #16433
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
There once was a woman, who never really asked, but tried to shame me into it. She berated me. Made me feel inferior because of it.

Now there's a special little boy, who HAS been asking. Very sweetly. He says "Daddy, I don't want you to die young."

There's a special woman. She doesn't seem to mind, but I know she does. She accepts it, because she accepts me for who I am. I care.

There's others in my family. Some refrain because it's socially unacceptable these days. Some because of the heart disease that runs in our family.

I feel like I'm missing out. I can't stand too close to the ones I care about and share their lives, because I stink.

I have a hard time walking without getting out of breath. I can hardly bend over to tie my shoes without wheezing. I've gotten weak, and I've gotten lazy.

I quit. Starting yesterday around dinner time. I don't remember the exact hour, but there ya go. I'm ****ing done smoking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I've dumped and washed my ashtrays. Every scrap of fabric is going to get washed. I'm going to drench the inside of my car with renuzit. The cigarette machine is going to my sister (she has a friend that wants one, and I don't wanna just toss it), along with my leftover tobacco. I'm tossing my pipes too. I don't smoke pot, and there's only one reason to keep them, and that's to smoke out of, so they gotsta go.

I already feel like I smell better.
Congrats trip. It won't be easy, but you can do it.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #16434
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Congrats mon ami and its tough breakin the nicotines hold but its doable

__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #16435
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,066
Liked 7337 Times on 4253 Posts
Likes Given: 9451

Default

Sort of funny story about tobacco, my outlaw-brother-in-law was lamenting the fact that his cigar and cigarette smoke bothered other people and that smoking was being banned everywhere here in CA. So I jokingly suggested that he start chewing.

He did!

We don't talk anymore (haven't for 5 years now) but the last I heard he is still smoking both cigars and cigarettes and chewing Copenhagen.

Not that I care much. He is a real tool.

__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #16436
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Sort of funny story about tobacco, my outlaw-brother-in-law was lamenting the fact that his cigar and cigarette smoke bothered other people and that smoking was being banned everywhere here in CA. So I jokingly suggested that he start chewing.

He did!

We don't talk anymore (haven't for 5 years now) but the last I heard he is still smoking both cigars and cigarettes and chewing Copenhagen.

Not that I care much. He is a real tool.
Hey don't knock the Cope man. Its good stuff
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #16437
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,066
Liked 7337 Times on 4253 Posts
Likes Given: 9451

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Hey don't knock the Cope man. Its good stuff


I used to chew many, many years ago (high school). Glad I quit and wish I had never started. Nasty habit. I prefer it to smoking because it doesn't impact others in the same way. I can't stand cigarette smoke. 'Course I would dislike being spat upon more.
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #16438
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I used to chew many, many years ago (high school). Glad I quit and wish I had never started. Nasty habit. I prefer it to smoking because it doesn't impact others in the same way. I can't stand cigarette smoke. 'Course I would dislike being spat upon more.
I carry a spit bottle well concealed usually
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #16439
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,066
Liked 7337 Times on 4253 Posts
Likes Given: 9451

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
I carry a spit bottle well concealed usually
Yeah, I took great pains to conceal it when I chewed. Those guys who have a huge spit stain running down the side of their truck are just gross. Of course tossing a cigarette butt out the window is much worse, X10 if it is still lit.
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #16440
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tacticalfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,224
Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Default

I would like to thank everyone that helped...here she is

Name:  ForumRunner_20121022_173338.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  29.6 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20121022_173403.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  30.0 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20121022_173420.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  29.8 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20121022_173324.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  30.1 KB

Wilson combat barrel and trigger. Sti rear sight. Hi viz front. Grips and holsters by dave!

__________________
tacticalfun is offline  
7
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 64 02-22-2013 07:14 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM