Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1608
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 02:37 AM   #16071
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9217 Times on 5060 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Personally I would wonder what prompted that....
Yeah, I did find out further info on that. He DID go to a wet tshirt contest recently, but according to him, he was playing outside the building where it was taking place with some other kids. There was apparently a lot of raucous going on though. He told me there was a big fire and people were drinking "space water" (beer and liquor). And he's been exposed to worse while he was with his mom. Just more stuff for the counselor to help me with.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:44 AM   #16072
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5624 Times on 3079 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Yeah, I did find out further info on that. He DID go to a wet tshirt contest recently, but according to him, he was playing outside the building where it was taking place with some other kids. There was apparently a lot of raucous going on though. He told me there was a big fire and people were drinking "space water" (beer and liquor). And he's been exposed to worse while he was with his mom. Just more stuff for the counselor to help me with.
Classy....

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/8th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-7-8-9-2016-a-118694/#post1778284

Old 10-13-2012, 02:47 AM   #16073
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9093 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Well, you can still take him to Hooters!

Sorry to hear there is more trauma that he went through. Hang in there man, and try not to over-analyze everything. We can do that for ya!

Old 10-13-2012, 03:09 AM   #16074

I'll leave the analyzing to the counselor (for him, I think you guys qualify as MY counselor). In the meantime, I'm just trying to convince him that, "no, I don't think that's acceptable".

The thing that worries me the most is that he's now absolutely terrified of being kidnapped and of my being out of his sight for any more than a few seconds unless he's at school or if he's with someone else he trusts (like my sister or his babysitter). If it's just me and him, or us and other people he doesn't know REALLY well, he goes into a panic if I even just step away long enough to take a leak. He says he's afraid he's going to be taken away from me again.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:26 AM   #16075
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5624 Times on 3079 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I'll leave the analyzing to the counselor (for him, I think you guys qualify as MY counselor). In the meantime, I'm just trying to convince him that, "no, I don't think that's acceptable".

The thing that worries me the most is that he's now absolutely terrified of being kidnapped and of my being out of his sight for any more than a few seconds unless he's at school or if he's with someone else he trusts (like my sister or his babysitter). If it's just me and him, or us and other people he doesn't know REALLY well, he goes into a panic if I even just step away long enough to take a leak. He says he's afraid he's going to be taken away from me again.
That is really sad and really cute at the same time.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/8th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-7-8-9-2016-a-118694/#post1778284

Old 10-13-2012, 03:32 AM   #16076

Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Quote:

He has been through more than any child should ever have to go through. Just keep talking to him about it, and he will hopefully be able to deal with it pretty well.

That is unbelievably sad. I'll be sure to send a few prayers your way.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:48 AM   #16077

Quote:

Do absolutely everything in your power to make him feel secure at all times. Separation anxiety is normal for a kid that has been through what he has been through. Maybe get a couple of those FRS radios or a cell phone for him so he can call you any time. I am not normally in favor of young kids having cell phones, but in his case it might be appropriate. Check with his counselor though.

Also, never, ever try to "toughen him up" by hiding from him or any other such thing like that. He has separation anxiety and that would make it far worse for him.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:12 AM   #16078

Hehe, It may not be a bad idea to get a couple of Walkies. We're in a trailer now, and our rooms are on opposite ends. It would be really cool to talk to each other without having to yell, and he could holler at me over the radio when he wakes up in the middle of the night. Plus, he'd just have a blast with it. Maybe then he won't crawl in the bed with me. A few nights ago, I was woken up at 2 when he got in my bed. Then 3 when he kicked me in the mouth. Then 4 when he kicked me in the back of the head (I'd rolled over because my lip was swelling and I didn't want to get hit in the face again). And then my alarm went off at 5.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 10-13-2012, 04:20 AM   #16079

Quote:
Hehe, It may not be a bad idea to get a couple of Walkies. We're in a trailer now, and our rooms are on opposite ends. It would be really cool to talk to each other without having to yell, and he could holler at me over the radio when he wakes up in the middle of the night. Plus, he'd just have a blast with it. Maybe then he won't crawl in the bed with me. A few nights ago, I was woken up at 2 when he got in my bed. Then 3 when he kicked me in the mouth. Then 4 when he kicked me in the back of the head (I'd rolled over because my lip was swelling and I didn't want to get hit in the face again). And then my alarm went off at 5.
I remember those days! My youngest son would crawl in between mom and me and end up sideways with me getting his damn feet! I would usually just go to his bed because otherwise I wouldn't get any sleep.

All little boys love walkie-talkies. Those FRS ones are pretty good, the GMRS ones have longer range though. You have a bunch of channels you can use and have a plan for changing channels if someone else comes on the channel you are using. It would definitely make his day- maybe Christmas?
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 10-13-2012, 04:21 AM   #16080

Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Does he want to be a kick boxer by any chance?
Vikingdad Likes This