You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #15811
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1415 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Today I made one of my very rare visits to Wal Mart looking for something they didn't have, so I went to see if they had some work pants in my size. OK, I must be the only dude in California that wears a 36" inseam. There was not one single pair of pants in the store that had longer than a 34" inseam! Not only that I think every pair there had a wider waist than the inseam. WTF?

Maybe just short, fat effers shop there.
Viking, try shorter heels. I've heard how you Cali boys roll on the weekend. Hehe:-P
People Like This 
Old 10-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #15812
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10557 Times on 6295 Posts
Likes Given: 15587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I used to hate wearing shorts because people would make fun of my skinny legs. People would say "Are those your legs or are you riding an Ostrich?"

Then I came up with the reply "I'm not riding it, I'm FU*KING it!" and I didn't care where it was, I'd say it. Pretty soon people stopped saying it.

Nowadays when people say anything about my skinny legs I just say "Yup. I had to tie knots in 'em to get some knees."
I'm very short and I think it's funny when people say to me, "You're so short!" I always reply, "Really? I didn't notice." Random Thoughts Thread - The Club House
People Like This 
Old 10-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #15813

Liked 246 Times on 180 Posts

Hey just cause you guys were blessed being tall and slim don't put down those of us who were not. Put down the store for not having a good selection. All my life I have to hear jokes about my weight and height. I have dieted several times taking it off only to gain it back. I realize that's on me, but I can't do a thing about being 5' 9 1/2". I am the tallest one on my Moms side of the family and the shortest on my Dads side. I was also blessed with the baldness on Moms side
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 10-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #15814

Going to gun show in Owensboro with my son today. I love getting to spend time with him. I wish I could have done much more with him growing up. But know that he is working in the coal mines too he told me he now knows it wasn't my choice to work as many hours and days that I did. But even at that I regret that I did allow some of that precious time slip by. For all you young people out there don't let this happen to you. They grow up so quick, you will look around one day and wonder how all those years slipped by you.
People Like This 
Old 10-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #15815

Liked 9219 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol
Hey just cause you guys were blessed being tall and slim don't put down those of us who were not...
I just turned 28, and I believe I'm just now getting the testosterone and metabolism spike that I should have gotten as a teen. I'm losing weight, getting more toned, and feeling pretty aggressive. My confidence has shot through the roof (to the point of being cocky), and I'm ****ing HUNGRY! It could be the manly beard though...

Quote:
Going to gun show in Owensboro with my son today. I love getting to spend time with him. I wish I could have done much more with him growing up.
Taking mine to a local park with a few miles of nature trails through the swamp, and then on to the West Monro gun show. Now that I've got him back, I'm going to stop at nothing to make every moment last.

Last edited by trip286; 10-07-2012 at 01:28 PM.
People Like This 
Old 10-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #15816

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

I just turned 28, and I believe I'm just now getting the testosterone and metabolism spike that I should have gotten as a teen. I'm losing weight, getting more toned, and feeling pretty aggressive. My confidence has shot through the roof (to the point of being cocky), and I'm ****ing HUNGRY! It could be the manly beard though...

Taking mine to a local park with a few miles of nature trails through the swamp, and then on to the West Monro gun show. Now that I've got him back, I'm going to stop at nothing to make every moment last.
A couple years back I was going to the YMCA and really losing weight and starting to look good. I was also thirsty all the time and drinking lots of water. Then bam wound up in hospital almost died, that's when a found out my weight loss was diabetes. So please make sure to watch your health. Oh and now all weight is back.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #15817

Liked 9219 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:

A couple years back I was going to the YMCA and really losing weight and starting to look good. I was also thirsty all the time and drinking lots of water. Then bam wound up in hospital almost died, that's when a found out my weight loss was diabetes. So please make sure to watch your health. Oh and now all weight is back.
Considering that I've struggled with my weight since I was 12, that is definitely something to keep in mind. I've been almost 40 pounds over weight since then, except for when I was in the Marines, and I still had to fight it. I don't have any symptoms as of yet, but I'll definitely be on the lookout for any.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #15818
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1933 Times on 1370 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Tall timbers.....

Check out the highth of some bad azzes thru the years......Stalin for one.....

Old 10-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #15819

Liked 5756 Times on 3368 Posts
Likes Given: 4889

On the 36 inseam, i usually just order online. Carhart's "dungaree fit" is my favorite. In high school, i can remember ordering 30x36 jeans; now i am more square at 38x36.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
Yup, my favorite sister had basically the same experience; now she has a frikkin insulin pump. Yes, I am concerned.

Last edited by orangello; 10-07-2012 at 03:16 PM.
People Like This 
Old 10-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #15820
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Viking, try shorter heels. I've heard how you Cali boys roll on the weekend. Hehe:-P
Ha ha! That's funny! You would not believe how often I see tall trannys in heels. The funniest part is that they actually can find a size 13 spike heel shoe! BW, I have a funny story regarding that if you want to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I'm very short and I think it's funny when people say to me, "You're so short!" I always reply, "Really? I didn't notice." Random Thoughts Thread - The Club House
M sons and I get the "Wow! How tall are you?!? nearly every day- or at least when we go out in public. Sometimes I will tell them and then ask "And how short are you?" if they are being rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
Hey just cause you guys were blessed being tall and slim don't put down those of us who were not. Put down the store for not having a good selection. All my life I have to hear jokes about my weight and height. I have dieted several times taking it off only to gain it back. I realize that's on me, but I can't do a thing about being 5' 9 1/2". I am the tallest one on my Moms side of the family and the shortest on my Dads side. I was also blessed with the baldness on Moms side
I never put down short people unless they are rude to me about my height and weight. As I said here several times, this happens with great frequency. All my life I have endured jokes and rude comments about my height and weight. I am honestly just as tall as I need to be, my feet are firmly planted on the ground and my hat sits perfectly on my head. If I were any shorter that would not be the case. My brother is 6' 8" and that is too tall in my mind because it forces you to duck all the time, you can't fit in most cars, beds are too short, chairs don't fit and pretty much you have to adjust yourself to fit anything at all. That causes a host of musclulo-skeletal problems throughout life. I really do pray that my son stops growing here soon, he is maybe an inch taller than me (I am 6' 4").

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
On the 36 inseam, i usually just order online. Carhart's "dungaree fit" is my favorite. In high school, i can remember ordering 30x36 jeans; now i am more square at 38x36.
I haven't had to buy pants for a couple of years but the ones I have are getting ragged now. Time for a couple new pairs soon. Thank God you can order them online now, years ago it was a daylong shopping trip to find them, and they usually only had 2 pair maximum in my size.