Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1578
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #15771
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Who might that be?

Well, I was reading a news article where a kid killed his mom and sis with a .22 revolver, and somebody made the usual anti gun comment, and it pissed me off more than usual.

They said something along the lines of this...

Quote:
I think only the police and military should have guns
Usually, I just igonore it, but it really irked me this time for some reason. This is my reply.

Quote:
amietamant

Guns don't cause crime at all. They actually prevent it.

The Constitution DOES give us the PEOPLE the right to own, and use firearms to defend themselves. The founding fathers have been quoted saying this multiple times, and most of the time they aren't talking about a militia. They are talking about the people themselves. The Supreme Court recently backed this up as well.

As for police being the only one's having firearms, they do NOT have a legal obligation to protect individual citizens. The Supre Cour stated this a while back. The have to protect their town/city as a whole, but not the individual people of it. They are also not always good guys, or effective at stopping crime. I have seen several videos of LEOs crossing the line and doing things that would land a civilian in prison. There are also the recent shootings in NYC. The police did more damage to the public than the actual shooter did.

Here's another fact. Criminals DON'T follow the law. If guns are banned, they will still use them. They don't care, they're alreay looking at hard time. All a ban will do is disarm the law abiding citizens. It will leave them completely defenseless and at the mercy of criminals. Don't we deserve the right to protect ourselves? If the criminals have guns, shouldn't we?

Gun control reducing crime is a myth. Plain and simple. Look at LA, NYC, Chicago, and Washingon DC. They all have some of the strictest gun laws in the entire country. Yet, they have some of the worse crime rates as well. Whereas pro gun cities usually have lower crime rates.

The Founding Fathers wanted us to have a way to protect ourselves from those who wish to do us harm. That includes criminals, and our own Government if they become tyranical. I choose to use that right, and will always use that right because I'd like to live to a ripe old age, and no one as the right to deny me that right.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense."
- John Adams

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason
A little long for a comment, but I think I got my point across.

I was also pleased to see about a dozen other people setting this person straight too.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #15772
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Nice, but technically the 2A only recognized the right we already had, naturally.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 10-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #15773
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Nice, but technically the 2A only recognized the right we already had, naturally.
I know, I just didn't think that the anti gunner would see the 2a as a God given right.
I think the quotes were enought proof that the Founding Fathers wanted the people themselves to have the right to bear arms, not just a militia.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #15774

Liked 1084 Times on 786 Posts
Likes Given: 558

How hard is it to wait and see if anyone comes OUT of the elevator before you barge in ?

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #15775
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
How hard is it to wait and see if anyone comes OUT of the elevator before you barge in ?
This is why people fart in the elevator before they exit.

People Like This 
Old 10-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #15776

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

This is why people fart in the elevator before they exit.
Lol.....u r on to me. :-P

NEVER FORGET

People Like This 
Old 10-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #15777
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Burned my freakin leftover rigatoni to CHARCOAL in the office microwave. I walk back there to see what the smell is going on, and there is smoke billowing out of the microwave (RIP). Somehow, the timer went from 1 minute to 1 hour, a bit long for leftover rigatoni in a cardboard bowl.

The stink is in my freakin nose, and i have a LARGE nose....reminds me of a marlboro red.

Last edited by orangello; 10-05-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #15778
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

dang it all.. wasnt paying attention when i was packing up from the range. seperated my upper, and lower with the bolt back... snap.. sheared my retaining pin right off.. at least it happend at the end of my busy shooting season.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #15779

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
I'm sitting on a wall. But not much different than standing.
Dang it, you had to go and show that picture and I'm pretty sure I made googaly eyes.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:44 AM   #15780
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7113 Times on 4282 Posts
Likes Given: 8632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
The one we're going to is at CPX Sports in Joliet. It's actually a Groupon for Chicago area.

Winds you should check it out.
I'm old and slow and low on money. Have fun, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Okay she needs shocks and struts. They replaced her tires without telling her that would damage the new tires. The mechanic found something rubbing making the noise for which they replaced the bearing. So old on goes back on a money is refunded. Now they want to change her shocks and ****. Needs to be done yes but should have been before the new tires. She's tearing the manager a new *******. I still wanna dislocate his shoulders....
It isn't easy being a single woman and dealing with the car repair people. You learn to be tough. Let your wife handle it if she can. It builds character and teaches the mechanics a good lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
Dang it, you had to go and show that picture and I'm pretty sure I made googaly eyes.
Don't worry. I've made googely eyes at kytowboater more than once. He posted a picture of himself with no shirt on. I almost fainted.