Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1537
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #15361
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun

The round was not fired by me. I was turned away having a smoke. It effin burns
Curiosity, how far from the point of origin were you, and what angle?

I'm not trying to start anything. But I kind of got pissed when people say it's impossible when I've seen it happen myself. I got my squad leader in the bicep with a ricochet while zeroing my SAW. He was prone right next to me spotting for me. His arm was approximately 20ish inches to my 3 o'clock. We were shoulder to shoulder, prone, I was firing single shots, and he was hit in the right bicep. We were the only ones on the range.

So when people try to tell me it was impossible, that a round can't physically return that close to it's origin, I take that as being called a liar. I don't like being called a liar.

So yeah, I'm personally just very curious about the details here.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #15362

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Curiosity, how far from the point of origin were you, and what angle?

I'm not trying to start anything. But I kind of got pissed when people say it's impossible when I've seen it happen myself. I got my squad leader in the bicep with a ricochet while zeroing my SAW. He was prone right next to me spotting for me. His arm was approximately 20ish inches to my 3 o'clock. We were shoulder to shoulder, prone, I was firing single shots, and he was hit in the right bicep. We were the only ones on the range.

So when people try to tell me it was impossible, that a round can't physically return that close to it's origin, I take that as being called a liar. I don't like being called a liar.

So yeah, I'm personally just very curious about the details here.
The steel is set 50yds down the pistol range there are only five benches in front of the steel..we had three of them so id say within nine feet?

Old 09-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #15363

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

For those who think a ricochet can't happen on a straight away target, I would encourage you to rethink.

I had a shooting gallery set up in the back of the garage years back. I had happy meal toys set up and was shooting a crossman co2 22 cal pellet pistol at about 20'. I hit one of the hard plastic toys and the pellet came straight back and struck me center forehead. I bled and bled. Needless to say that ended my shooting gallery.

Another occasion we were shooting down at the property. My daughter had the p22 walther and shot a cinder block from about 15yards away. Immediately she grabbed her arm. My son jstrong looked on the ground and found about a third of the bullet. It didn't break the skin but left a welp. No more cinder block shooting.

If you still don't believe it can happen check this out.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #15364

So , my thinking is if it can happen with a 22 pellet all the way to a 50 cal. It can happen with all bullets.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #15365

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
For those who think a ricochet can't happen on a straight away target, I would encourage you to rethink.

I had a shooting gallery set up in the back of the garage years back. I had happy meal toys set up and was shooting a crossman co2 22 cal pellet pistol at about 20'. I hit one of the hard plastic toys and the pellet came straight back and struck me center forehead. I bled and bled. Needless to say that ended my shooting gallery.

Another occasion we were shooting down at the property. My daughter had the p22 walther and shot a cinder block from about 15yards away. Immediately she grabbed her arm. My son jstrong looked on the ground and found about a third of the bullet. It didn't break the skin but left a welp. No more cinder block shooting.

If you still don't believe it can happen check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Yep if you shoot long enough you will see some for of return fragments

Old 09-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #15366

Thank you, thank you, and thank you. I hate people trying to tell me I'm wrong when I've seen with my own eyes.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #15367

Quote:
Thank you, thank you, and thank you. I hate people trying to tell me I'm wrong when I've seen with my own eyes.
I think you were there the day MB got hit in the arm.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #15368

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Well Winds , I stayed up till 4am giving breathing treatments , sucking out snotty noses and cleaning puke and doo-doo to two very sick lil kids with no help from the wheelchair bound wife .
Its a bad thing to hold two sick , crying and miserable kids all night inbetween cleaning puke up .
It sucks being helpless when your youngins are sick , they are right pitiful right now .
Going to pick up an electric wheelchair from grandmas today , the chairs with big wheels wont fit though our doorways and the one with lil wheels do but they have to have a pusher , another 4-5 weeks of the wife being down and out
I've been there and done that...Just keep doing what your doing...I'm praying for you, because it SUCKS having sick kids!

Old 09-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

I think you were there the day MB got hit in the arm.
I can't remember if I was or if you guys told me about it.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #15370

Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Check this out Trip

Check out this video on YouTube:

Sent from my iPad