Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1526
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #15251
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
Well , um , apparently , youngsville police dept frowns upon drifting and gives no kudos to style or length of the drift .

After he catches up to me and ask me if I had a problem I told him I thought it went pretty smooth considering how wet it was out lol .
He wrote me a warning for careless and reckless
I had to get a lil crooked pulling off the shoulder too , you know , wet grass ....
Damn wet grass get ya everyTIME.

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #15252
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Well , um , apparently , youngsville police dept frowns upon drifting and gives no kudos to style or length of the drift .

After he catches up to me and ask me if I had a problem I told him I thought it went pretty smooth considering how wet it was out lol .
He wrote me a warning for careless and reckless
I had to get a lil crooked pulling off the shoulder too , you know , wet grass ....
Years ago when I was a teen I did the same thing leaving a stop sign and turning a corner in the rain, the cop was going to ticket me for exhibition of speed even though I never approached the speed limit. He said that "exhibition" is defined as "breaking traction" (doing burnouts is what he meant). I replied that I had much more control over the car carrying the slide through the intersection than I would have had if I had let up, stopping the drift. It led to questions on how I knew that and I told him I had been driving dirt roads sideways since I was 10, and learned to drive when I was 8, he was actually very nice about it. Over the years I got to be familiar with him and he turned out to be a really nice guy. He let me off warning me that the next cop wouldn't be so understanding.

Why can't more cops be like that?

Old 09-19-2012, 01:19 AM   #15253

Last time I got popped for drifting an intersection, cop came to the window and called me a hillbilly...... Roflmao.... Gave me a warning. Time before that, not so lucky. Covered two lanes of traffic and two stores and mud left two nice marks on the pavement. Almost got away that time.... Last ticket I've ever have received.

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #15254

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Dear para usa, when did you start making such nice 1911's? Edit: why do i own so many 1911's?

Old 09-19-2012, 01:22 AM   #15255

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun
Dear para usa, when did you start making such nice guns? Tf
? What did you buy this time mr gates?

Old 09-19-2012, 01:23 AM   #15256

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

? What did you buy this time mr gates?
Nothin yet.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:41 AM   #15257
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4185 Times on 2320 Posts
Likes Given: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
Last time I got popped for drifting an intersection, cop came to the window and called me a hillbilly...... Roflmao.... Gave me a warning. Time before that, not so lucky. Covered two lanes of traffic and two stores and mud left two nice marks on the pavement. Almost got away that time.... Last ticket I've ever have received.
I went on a date with a guy in high school. He tried to drift through an intersection almost hit the car that was turning from the opposite direction, scared the hell out of me, lost control and slid into a curb, bent his wheels pretty good, got pulled over and the police officer was nice enough to give me a ride home.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #15258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I went on a date with a guy in high school. He tried to drift through an intersection almost hit the car that was turning from the opposite direction, scared the hell out of me, lost control and slid into a curb, bent his wheels pretty good, got pulled over and the police officer was nice enough to give me a ride home.

HA! Bet ya that feller felt like a jackass!

Old 09-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #15259

Then i found this

pix559422129.jpg
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 09-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #15260

Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

Nice....................