Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1526
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #15251
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 7,037
Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
Well , um , apparently , youngsville police dept frowns upon drifting and gives no kudos to style or length of the drift .

After he catches up to me and ask me if I had a problem I told him I thought it went pretty smooth considering how wet it was out lol .
He wrote me a warning for careless and reckless
I had to get a lil crooked pulling off the shoulder too , you know , wet grass ....
Damn wet grass get ya everyTIME.
__________________
Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #15252
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Well , um , apparently , youngsville police dept frowns upon drifting and gives no kudos to style or length of the drift .

After he catches up to me and ask me if I had a problem I told him I thought it went pretty smooth considering how wet it was out lol .
He wrote me a warning for careless and reckless
I had to get a lil crooked pulling off the shoulder too , you know , wet grass ....
Years ago when I was a teen I did the same thing leaving a stop sign and turning a corner in the rain, the cop was going to ticket me for exhibition of speed even though I never approached the speed limit. He said that "exhibition" is defined as "breaking traction" (doing burnouts is what he meant). I replied that I had much more control over the car carrying the slide through the intersection than I would have had if I had let up, stopping the drift. It led to questions on how I knew that and I told him I had been driving dirt roads sideways since I was 10, and learned to drive when I was 8, he was actually very nice about it. Over the years I got to be familiar with him and he turned out to be a really nice guy. He let me off warning me that the next cop wouldn't be so understanding.

Why can't more cops be like that?
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:19 AM   #15253
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 7,037
Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Last time I got popped for drifting an intersection, cop came to the window and called me a hillbilly...... Roflmao.... Gave me a warning. Time before that, not so lucky. Covered two lanes of traffic and two stores and mud left two nice marks on the pavement. Almost got away that time.... Last ticket I've ever have received.
__________________
Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #15254
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tacticalfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,224
Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Default

Dear para usa, when did you start making such nice 1911's? Edit: why do i own so many 1911's?
tacticalfun is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:22 AM   #15255
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 7,037
Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun
Dear para usa, when did you start making such nice guns? Tf
? What did you buy this time mr gates?
__________________
Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:23 AM   #15256
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tacticalfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,224
Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

? What did you buy this time mr gates?
Nothin yet.
tacticalfun is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:41 AM   #15257
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 7,079
Liked 4185 Times on 2320 Posts
Likes Given: 189

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
Last time I got popped for drifting an intersection, cop came to the window and called me a hillbilly...... Roflmao.... Gave me a warning. Time before that, not so lucky. Covered two lanes of traffic and two stores and mud left two nice marks on the pavement. Almost got away that time.... Last ticket I've ever have received.
I went on a date with a guy in high school. He tried to drift through an intersection almost hit the car that was turning from the opposite direction, scared the hell out of me, lost control and slid into a curb, bent his wheels pretty good, got pulled over and the police officer was nice enough to give me a ride home.
__________________
3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #15258
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 7,037
Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I went on a date with a guy in high school. He tried to drift through an intersection almost hit the car that was turning from the opposite direction, scared the hell out of me, lost control and slid into a curb, bent his wheels pretty good, got pulled over and the police officer was nice enough to give me a ride home.


HA! Bet ya that feller felt like a jackass!
__________________
Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #15259
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tacticalfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,224
Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Default

Then i found this

pix559422129.jpg
tacticalfun is offline  
dog2000tj Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #15260
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kycol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,506
Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

Default

Nice....................
kycol is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM



Newest Threads