Random Thoughts Thread - Page 152
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 10:43 PM   #1511
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
I got to use the east coast to my advantage as much as I can. I might just do that for post 5000 too. But then JD will delete as many posts as he sees fit so he gets it.
That would be too much work. I will just put you in Forum Time Out the night before, post the last three posts for myself, then lift your ban.

Nice work on the Xerxes avatar for Benning by the way...... Jerkface.

JD

Old 04-26-2009, 10:54 PM   #1512

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Whats the Forum Time Out??

And thank you, its nice to know my work is appreciated.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:00 AM   #1513
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1493

Purely random- but ran across a website of customer service calls, that included THIS gem: A call to the customer service number for the power company-

Caller: “I don’t care what your little book says, put my f***ing power on!”

Me: “I can’t do that for you unless you pay your debt in full, sir.”

Caller: “Why are you being a b**** about this? Just let it slide!”

Me: “We’ve been letting it slide for months, sir. You now owe us in excess of a thousand dollars. Our rules are very clear: we are not to reconnect your power until you pay your debt.”

Caller: “F*** you! I’m going to kill you! I’m going to come to your house and kill you!”

Me: “The difference between you and me, sir, is that I know where YOU live.”

Caller: *click*

Old 04-27-2009, 08:29 AM   #1514

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Sleepy I am not. Trolling FTF I am.

I third May 22 for talk like Yoda day

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-28-2009, 02:46 AM   #1515

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I totally annihilated the civil service exam. I'm expecting a 95 or better. I don't find out until late August though. I had no idea they were going to be so strict about it. It was like checking into a flight. I had to empty my pockets of everything except my ID and pencils and leave it followed by me being wanded. They really don't want people cheating: awesome.

I know a few of you think frisbee golf is lame or a waste of time, but I played three rounds today @ two miles a piece. After that I went diving in the lake next to the first hole and found 23 frisbees @ $20 a piece. Good exercise and good finds today.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:37 AM   #1516

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
I totally annihilated the civil service exam. I'm expecting a 95 or better. I don't find out until late August though. I had no idea they were going to be so strict about it. It was like checking into a flight. I had to empty my pockets of everything except my ID and pencils and leave it followed by me being wanded. They really don't want people cheating: awesome.

I know a few of you think frisbee golf is lame or a waste of time, but I played three rounds today @ two miles a piece. After that I went diving in the lake next to the first hole and found 23 frisbees @ $20 a piece. Good exercise and good finds today.
Glad to hear that you nailed the exam, but $20 a bee? I used to do plenty of frisbee, even done the golf thing on homemade courses--but how much is a pro frisbee these days? If you can get $20 per bee, I should just travel the burbs with a truck and a ladder. How much money is on people's roofs?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-28-2009, 04:58 AM   #1517

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
It was like that when I took the GMAT to get into business school. We had to lock everything in a locker in the lobby, and could only use pencils they provided. They even supplied us with a bottle of water a piece and would not let us bring our own in. That place also had more video surveillance than my bank.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 04-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #1518

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Glad to hear that you nailed the exam, but $20 a bee? I used to do plenty of frisbee, even done the golf thing on homemade courses--but how much is a pro frisbee these days? If you can get $20 per bee, I should just travel the burbs with a truck and a ladder. How much money is on people's roofs?
There are different quality frisbees you can buy, and the best quality is around $20 per. I doubt I could sell them back for $20 a piece because they are used, and some are thoroughly used. I plan on using them myself and maybe selling a few to my friends. A couple had names on them and I'm going to return them if I ever meet the person.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #1519

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I don't want to brag or anything, but the Red Sox have won 11 games in a row . Oh, and Jacoby Ellsbury stole home against a left hand pitcher Sunday night . Oh, and they are first the AL East .

Old 04-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #1520

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
I don't want to brag or anything, but the Red Sox have won 11 games in a row. Oh, and Jacoby Ellsbury stole home against a left hand pitcher Sunday night . Oh, and they are first the AL East .
It's April.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello