Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1518
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 04:26 AM   #15171
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Meh, Coors is Coors, isn't it?

I had a good day with my son shaking down his Bronco at Hollister Hills ORV park. He just put in a doubler transfer case and a granny transmission that took a great deal of modification to get it to work. While it worked it worked extremely well. We still have some work to do on it though, which is why you do a shake-down!

I'm having an Eye Of The Hawk Ale.
I love wheeling! Sounds like a great rig he has!

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #15172

Liked 402 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Damn.
I respected you already, that respect just tripled.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #15173

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineverFTF
Damn.
I respected you already, that respect just tripled.
It's a job, I promise people here have hard jobs that demand the respect to, but thank you.

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #15174
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9082 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
I love wheeling! Sounds like a great rig he has!
It is a great rig. He started with a '90 Bronco I had rotting in the motor pool and is working on making it into a major rock-crawler. The body and bumpers are stock, but it has been lifted 4 inches and has 33" mudders on it and with the addition of the double it has somewhere near a 100:1 crawl ratio. Its a "sleeper" right now.

This morning he was driving up a really challenging trail and right at the top it tipped out onto a road, the right rear wheel dropped into a hole and we were suddenly into a 45 degree uphill angle with the one front tire 2 feet in the air. . It woke him up, that's for sure.

We drove it out though, and on to other trails.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #15175

That's great. It's a fun yet expensive hobby (sounds familiar.) I've had jeeps and Toyotas. Lots of scary yet fun times. I'm glad your going with your son. My dad refused to go with me.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #15176

Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

I have a friend who was also a schoolmate and co- worker that took a tumble into the bottom of an empty barge. He got messed up pretty bad and lot of permanent damage.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #15177

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol
I have a friend who was also a schoolmate and co- worker that took a tumble into the bottom of an empty barge. He got messed up pretty bad and lot of permanent damage.
Yep. Can be around a 20 foot fall onto steel. Ouch.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #15178

Liked 1330 Times on 955 Posts
Likes Given: 660

Well , golf cart acquired and cleaned . Too many parts lost off the original motor to use it and being in the hurry I am to ride it I have settled on a lil 6hp honda to power it ..........pull start !lol
Drove 40 miles yesterday afternoon to pick up some clutches and goodies for my lil swap and northren tool no longer sells that stuff in store EVEN THOUGH the website said they had it in stock !

SO now I have settled on a chain clutch , with a 3/4 wide pulley welded to it since I cant locate a belt clutch .
I foresee another Frankenstein project being finished soon with pics
Anyone remember my briggs and stratton outboard motor I built one saturday afternoon ?

Wife is still laid up with from her double foot surgery and the power went out about 6am this morning waking me and forcing me to fire the generator to run the fans in the house ...... kinda glade I did not rob the motor off it yesterday for the golf cart lmao

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 09-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #15179
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9082 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Well , golf cart acquired and cleaned . Too many parts lost off the original motor to use it and being in the hurry I am to ride it I have settled on a lil 6hp honda to power it ..........pull start !lol
Drove 40 miles yesterday afternoon to pick up some clutches and goodies for my lil swap and northren tool no longer sells that stuff in store EVEN THOUGH the website said they had it in stock !

SO now I have settled on a chain clutch , with a 3/4 wide pulley welded to it since I cant locate a belt clutch .
I foresee another Frankenstein project being finished soon with pics
Anyone remember my briggs and stratton outboard motor I built one saturday afternoon ?

Wife is still laid up with from her double foot surgery and the power went out about 6am this morning waking me and forcing me to fire the generator to run the fans in the house ...... kinda glade I did not rob the motor off it yesterday for the golf cart lmao
So, I am just wondering, do you even play golf?

Old 09-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #15180
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8799 Times on 5254 Posts
Likes Given: 11672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
So, I am just wondering, do you even play golf?
Many people with a lot of ground to cover at work or on their personal property have golf carts to zip around in.