Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1517
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 03:06 AM   #15161
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineverFTF View Post
Where have you Jumped JD?
http://www.wildplay.com/parks/nanaimo

Behind Fat Tuesdays, which is a nice straw hut bar in Cancun. Great place. Chicks jump free if they agree to jump topless.

I also have done a couple of dry land bungie jumps here in Washington and in Kalifornia when I was there.

I love it. It's great fun.

JD
Old 09-16-2012, 03:20 AM   #15162

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Thanks. I should find a place around here to go.
I would love to jump for real.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:27 AM   #15163
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8259 Times on 4771 Posts
Likes Given: 10672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
At the start of the .gif, do you see her acid washed jeans with those two, large, black, not very fashionable cuffs that go around her shins above her shoes?

Those are the ankle harnesses and between them, just as she goes to "jump" and turn, you can see a very hardcore bungee that is probably rated for 10 times her body weight.

I assure you, she committed to bungee jump up until the very second where she went forward, then tried to turn and hang on, It was entirely possible that if they tried to pull her back, the cord could have become tangled and it could have ended badly for anyone trying to "save" her.

By releasing her the Jump master was letting gravity and the design work as it was properly intended.

Thus making it funny and not murder.

You should try it sometime. It's an amazing rush.
I'll take your word for it.

In my youth I would climb to the tops of Douglas fir or redwood trees in a windstorm, my brothers would be in adjacent trees 20 or 30 feet apart and we would try and touch hands some 250 feet or more off the ground where the tree was only 3 inches or so in diameter. Once when we were climbing down my one brother fell from nearly 100 feet, but he was able to catch himself after bouncing branch to branch for about 40 feet. We also had a rope swing that was tied to a tall tree on the edge of a 300 foot cliff. The rope was probably 30 feet or so long, so the swing out over the void was exhilarating. There was one kid (teenager) who said he was going to let go, and then did. I wasn't there though.

I also have a picture of me sitting on the overhanging rock on Glacier Point in Yosemite, my feet are hanging 3,000 feet above the valley floor, and yes, it is a sheer drop straight down. The picture of me is inspired by a picture of my grandfather taken in 1920 sitting on the same rock. Pics below.

So, in short, I am not quite averse to a thrill now and again. I just don't do anything that involves actually falling per se. I know, I know. Falling doesn't hurt a bit, its the sudden stop when you hit the ground that kills you.
dsc_1232.jpg   dsc_1233.jpg  
Old 09-16-2012, 03:35 AM   #15164

Liked 2388 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Hurry up pay day!!

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:05 AM   #15165

Having a smoke on the deck, drinking a coors and thinking how thankful I am for everything I have. I hope everyone is having a good night.

Oh dern....

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 09-16-2012, 04:11 AM   #15166

I know i am.
After being on my feet all day it's nice to be lazy online for awhile.
I hope your coors is as cold as the commercials claim

Old 09-16-2012, 04:12 AM   #15167

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineverFTF
I know i am.
After being on my feet all day it's nice to be lazy online for awhile.
I hope your coors is as cold as the commercials claim
It's coors original. Not that light beer. And yes, it's frosty! Glad your relaxing. We were out all day, fall festival, gun stores, then the mall. It's nice to relax. Tomorrow church then another festival. Back to work Tuesday night. Only gone 14 days this trip though so that's a good thing.

Oh dern....

Old 09-16-2012, 04:13 AM   #15168

I know you do actually work on a boat as your SN suggests. What do you do exactly?

Last edited by ineverFTF; 09-16-2012 at 04:20 AM.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #15169
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8259 Times on 4771 Posts
Likes Given: 10672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
It's coors original. Not that light beer. And yes, it's frosty! Glad your relaxing. We were out all day, fall festival, gun stores, then the mall. It's nice to relax. Tomorrow church then another festival. Back to work Tuesday night. Only gone 14 days this trip though so that's a good thing.
Meh, Coors is Coors, isn't it?

I had a good day with my son shaking down his Bronco at Hollister Hills ORV park. He just put in a doubler transfer case and a granny transmission that took a great deal of modification to get it to work. While it worked it worked extremely well. We still have some work to do on it though, which is why you do a shake-down!

I'm having an Eye Of The Hawk Ale.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:25 AM   #15170

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineverFTF
I know you do actually work on a boat as your SN suggests. What so you do exactly?
God your going to make me write?!

I'm a relief mate on a tow boat. Google them lol, we wire barges together, make locks on the upper Mississippi river. We shove 15 at a time. That 1000' long 105' wide. 56 sets of rigging, which is a LOT of work. Work two 6 hour shifts a day, I average 3 hours of sleep at a time, for 28 days. Not only our "tow" (barges) but we maintain the boat. It gets cleaned 56 times a trip on each watch, there is a forward watch( front) and aft (back) we chip paint, paint, do various improvement tasks. It's a very involved life, you spend more time with your crew than your family. They are your family. It's hard, dangerous work. Very demanding on the upper Mississippi. It takes it's toll on you mentally and physically. I have seen people almost die, people do die often out there, seen people hospitalized for dehydration. The deck temp can get around 200 on very hot sunny days. You work in all weather, I was workin when streak lighting hit the boat 200' behind me. Hail, etc you name it were there. Make up lines by splicing eyes, make bumpers etc. if a line (rope) breaks and hits you, it WILL mess you up IF it doesn't kill you. If the wires we use to put barges together(1 1/8inchx35') break, they cut through 1/2 steel, imagine a body. River life also effects your home life. It's hard on my wife and daughter. Great stress in leadership position. If I fail at my job, MILLIONS of dollars worth of damage can occur along with the loss of life.......

Oh dern....