Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1485
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #14841
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Never a dull day in the life of ..... ME .
Got out to the quarry today , went this morning and bought the kids 2 little fishing poles to play with today on the boat . It was raining off and on today but we have a hard top on the pontoon so we just stuck it out .
No sooner than we got to the other side I realized the kids life vest were still in the truck . So no big deal , we go back over and get them , Now , Im at the back of the boat getting something ready and the wife is putting the vest on Evan while Madison is still running around .........
'' You ought to know where this is heading ''
SPLASH ! I knew right away it was one of the kids , wife thought it was me throwing something in but I yelled at her to get her , she just fell off !
By the time I got to the front where they were Madison was still on her way up ,'' water is clear out there '' but she was not trying to do anything , no swimming no flailing , nothing , nadda . One of the most horrible and terrifying 10 seconds of my life , seeing my little girl underwater , clear as day , not moving .
Wife got her up to the boat and I snatched her out of the water , she coughed a bit and acted like nothing ever happened ...... ?
We had not even moved yet from getting the damn vest .
And what sucks is , IM THE ONE who never lets them around the water or boat w/o a vest on and never let them run around while the boat is moving , I dont care how bad they kick and scream , but the one time I got off track could have very easily been her last .
Ooooh the joys and terrors of raising kids , I swear they are going to give me a stress induced heart attack or stroke .
It just goes to show that it only takes a second and you cant take your eyes off them
Sooooo... Swimming lessons start today?

Seriously, swim lessons cannot start too young... It is no substitute for a life vest, but just the same.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #14842
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

All went well. Only had to warn one woman to keep her muzzle pointed down range. Even though she didn't speak English, she understood my yelling and pointing and knew I was serious. Other than that one guy had an old shotgun and even older ammo. I was waiting for it to kaboom but it didn't happen. That damn thing sounded different every time he pulled the trigger.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:34 AM   #14843

Liked 1088 Times on 788 Posts
Likes Given: 560

They can doggie paddle a bit but they dont like open water AT ALL . We have to put a little pool on the front of the boat when we are at the quarry but if they are on a beach or shore then they are happy as can be , they will jump off the boat and swim like crazy .
I just dont understand why she did not try to do ANY thing, maybe it scared her or she was in shock , I dont know .
And just this past sat when i was stringing that lift at the lake I was raising hell about people pulling small small kids on tubes at high speed by themselves and people riding babies on jet skis ??????

We had a boxer do the same thing 25 miles offshore . EVERY SINGLE boxer we have ever had could not swim to save their life , literally .
He jumped off and the poor thing was sinking , I had to go in after him , the last boxer started walking into the water and just vanished , had to go in after her too , after her we got Labs .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:05 AM   #14844
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7142 Times on 4298 Posts
Likes Given: 8676

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
In the age of cell phones, the movie is outdated. "ET phone home". The little fellow has an awesome (universal) plan.

I'm just being ignorant again. I'm sure your grandaughter will love it. Sounds like you are going to create a memory Winds. Has she seen Mary Poppins or the 60s animated jungle book? Both classics and right in the wheelhouse of a six year old little girl.
She did like the movie E.T. very much. She was mesmerized.

We have watched Mary Poppins many times. I've loved that movie ever since I was a little girl. We have seen Jungle Book, too.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:21 AM   #14845
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

We have watched Mary Poppins many times. I've loved that movie ever since I was a little girl. We have seen Jungle Book, too.
How about The Princess Bride? That's a good one too.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:32 AM   #14846

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

How about The Princess Bride? That's a good one too.
Oohh. I need to go watch that again!!

Old 09-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #14847

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
I think the YAZ girl is smoking hot, and I wish I could see the rest of her body.

I wonder what happened to the Mercury spokes gal, she what hot.

My wife is not reading these, is she, I hope not-because she is hot and I get to have relations with her.

Why are people so stupid.

I wish I had an annutiy or structured settlement so I could tell that old guy, JG Wentworth to kiss my ass.

Am I saying this out loud? No? Good.
Pure genius.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:53 AM   #14848

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine

, the last boxer started walking into the water and just vanished , had to go in after her too , after her we got Labs .
This is sad, but absolutely hilarious that a relatively intelligent breed would just keep walking till it was under water. GLad you never lost any like that. I have lost one dog to the woods and never found her. Those are sad deaths.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #14849

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

She is off to a good start then. I still enjoy the sound track to the Jungle Book. Louis Prima rocked the house ! ba ba boop ba di da...........;-)

NEVER FORGET

Old 09-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #14850

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
At Walmart?

Then yeah, I' talkin 'bout you!
What wrong with shopping late at night? No crowds, no lines, and you can get your shopping done much faster.