You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #14691
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1372 Times on 870 Posts
Likes Given: 813

personally love just my sleeping bag. falling asleep on the ground looking at stars. but SWMBO made clear we needed a tent. lol
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #14692

Liked 1442 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 700

I love stupid people sometimes . The POS who robbed the shop this weekend was my shop mates employee ! I found the outboard motors at the scrap yard in a dumpster but I did not find the batteries BUT everyone there has seen him selling batteries and the motors all last week and this weekend , we got him on video and cameras along with his finger prints , so I hope this MF is going down soon .
He is a big dude and can whip my ass no problem , the leos told me to just be sure to tell them that I was in fear of my life and was backing away from him lol

Even if we dont recover the batteries at least we got him , I did request that they call us to impound his truck when they get him , he wont ever see that thing again If I get a hold to it , Im also trying to get all my customers whos boats he robbed to go after him , even if its civil .

But how stupid can you be to sell the stuff you stole to another shop less than a mile from where you stole it ?

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 08-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #14693

Liked 1372 Times on 870 Posts
Likes Given: 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I love stupid people sometimes . The POS who robbed the shop this weekend was my shop mates employee ! I found the outboard motors at the scrap yard in a dumpster but I did not find the batteries BUT everyone there has seen him selling batteries and the motors all last week and this weekend , we got him on video and cameras along with his finger prints , so I hope this MF is going down soon .
He is a big dude and can whip my ass no problem , the leos told me to just be sure to tell them that I was in fear of my life and was backing away from him lol

Even if we dont recover the batteries at least we got him , I did request that they call us to impound his truck when they get him , he wont ever see that thing again If I get a hold to it , Im also trying to get all my customers whos boats he robbed to go after him , even if its civil .

But how stupid can you be to sell the stuff you stole to another shop less than a mile from where you stole it ?
at least his stupidity may have helped you find him
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #14694

Liked 118 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I hate tents, I sleep on the ground outside if I go backpacking or in the bed of my truck if not.
Just call me a big sissy but when I camp I take the 40' Dutch Star - - - I love my big bed, air conditioning, shower, washer/dryer and the security it provides!

I travel and almost never stay in the same spot 2 nights in a row - - - take a month and tour the Rockies or the Arizona desert - - -someplace new for the grandkids every time.
clifty-falls-020.jpg   clifty-falls-023.jpg   clifty-falls-copy.jpg  

Old 08-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #14695

Liked 491 Times on 338 Posts

Michael bay is ruining my childhood over thie tmnt movie.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #14696
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5876 Times on 3221 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667

Just call me a big sissy but when I camp I take the 40' Dutch Star - - - I love my big bed, air conditioning, shower, washer/dryer and the security it provides!

I travel and almost never stay in the same spot 2 nights in a row - - - take a month and tour the Rockies or the Arizona desert - - -someplace new for the grandkids every time.
You're a big sissy.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/8th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-7-8-9-2016-a-118694/#post1778284
People Like This 
Old 08-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #14697

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Can anyone help me find more info on a western double 12 ga. Also know as a 12-12.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #14698

Liked 1415 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawggunsmithings
Can anyone help me find more info on a western double 12 ga. Also know as a 12-12.
You may have better luck in the shotgun forum. Also pics would help. Stop by the introductions and tell us a little about yourself. Welcome and good luck.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #14699
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I like tents. Down here, campers without tents are called "blood donors"; i have heard that the skeeters will eventually give them one of those "1 Gallon Donor" bumper stickers if they can make a whole weekend without IV plasma. Tents the anti-insect, snake, rodent, etc. condom; it keeps THEM from screwing with you directly.

In bear areas, the tents should be coated with cyanide & jelly.
Luckily it's rare to ever see a bear around here. Good thing too because I doubt they'd let me bring a rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Summer, mountains in VA, I use a Jungle Hammock. Comes complete with mosquito netting and a rain fly.
I may have to look into a hammock. I know where I could get mosquito netting pretty cheap, so that may be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
personally love just my sleeping bag. falling asleep on the ground looking at stars. but SWMBO made clear we needed a tent. lol
I'd love to do that too, but snakes and bugs are bad around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post

SISSY!!!!

Old 08-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #14700
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Summer, mountains in VA, I use a Jungle Hammock. Comes complete with mosquito netting and a rain fly.
Are rain flies bigger bloodsuckers than mosquitoes? I suppose the name comes from the fact that they rain down bloodsucking Hell on you.

Skeeter nets are always absolutely necessary.