Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1464
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 12:53 AM   #14631
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 246 Times on 180 Posts

Trip congrats man that is so great, I know it has been hard time for you. Hope now lots of happiness follows.

Old 08-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #14632

Liked 1400 Times on 1006 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Kinda pissed we did not get the call for the 53ft rig hauling trash this morning that rolled over 2 miles from the shop . Thats 25k thats going to a big chain company and not the little man

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 08-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #14633

Liked 1415 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
Kinda pissed we did not get the call for the 53ft rig hauling trash this morning that rolled over 2 miles from the shop . Thats 25k thats going to a big chain company and not the little man
25k for a tow job ? holy cow

Old 08-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #14634
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5741 Times on 3365 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

As expected, good news Trip!

Old 08-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #14635

Liked 118 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I work with a couple of the large tow companies when things got out of control - - - I have the big boy toys that can get the job done quickly!

In the pictures of the Semi that turned to close the left drive tires were about a foot off the ground and the right trailer tires were in mid air over the ditch. The trailer was less than 30 days old and looked like it was totaled. I lifted the right rear and told the driver to leave the truck in nutral and release the brakes. I put him back on the road and the trailer strightened right out!

When it got to the scales it grossed 106,000# but by putting an 8X8 under the frame to keep the chains off the aluminum trailer I lifted the right rear and backed up slowly till he was back on the road and told him to go 1 mile west to the main road where he would have room for the turn!

The worst part was that it was my truck so I could not charge any one for the drivers mistake! The driver called a wrecker service before he called me and was going to pay it himself so I would not find out about it but they said it would take 2 rotater wreckers at a minimum of $600.00 each and would be about 2 hours the roads would be bloocked till they got there, then they called me. I had it out and gone in about 20 minutes after I got there.
980b-left.jpg   980c-left-step.jpg   277-snow-anyone.jpg   semi-getting-close.jpg   semi-ditch.jpg  

semi-lift.jpg  

Old 08-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #14636

Liked 9215 Times on 5059 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

25k for a tow job ? holy cow
Better than 25k for a blow... never mind...
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #14637

Liked 9215 Times on 5059 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
As expected, good news Trip!
Thanks man, I've been waiting for some good news. So far I've felt like I've been running into brick walls even though I'd been doing everything right.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #14638

25k ? You bet . Consider the clean up of about 40-50 TONS of maggot infested trash , The man power , the equipment and the resources '' Subbed dump trucks dumpsters ect ect . It adds up very quick .
Now 25k is on the high side but The last one we had that rolled with all of that pipe came out to be about 9k but insurance settled on 7k.
The one this morning was a fatality , it was raining and the truck could not stop at the light and the car did not pay attention .

The more mess it makes the better for us , the trucks dont make the money , its the clean up that brings in the dough , Like that orange truck back during the winter , Front to back , side to side , top to bottom with oranges that all had to be unloaded before rolling back over , we had to bring in 2 big dumpsters , a tandem dump , two small trailers and two skid loaders ...... on top of every mexican we could find to help unload .

Now we had a walmart refer truck roll one time and it mysteriously got unloaded by itself in less than 1 hr , even the troopers left with the crown vics squatting from all of the food in the trunk .

Condiser the cost of 50/30 rotator , air bags , insurance , chains and other equipment .
If your good , you dont need all that mess , we have rolled them back over , LOADED , 100,000+ lbs with a 16ton unit before , so we kinda laugh when we see another company out there with 3 rotators doing 1 rollover

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 08-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #14639

Liked 1415 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

10/4 Having been a cdl otr driver I know you guys get called out to every kind of wreck imagined.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #14640

Its an interesting job that I grew up doing , its even more interesting when you pick up a piece of debris and discover a wad of human fat or tissue or discover the shoe in the car still has a foot in it .
I will never forget the night me and dad went to pick up a car involved in a suicide and we got there a bit early and the kid was still in the car with a mossberg 12ga and his top half everywhere else .

We have gotten some so bad we had to fill them with dirt or burn them