Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1428
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 01:43 AM   #14271
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 643

Here is my misfortune of the day report :
Someone felt they needed my pain meds more than I do ...... Yep , nearly a months supply of oxycodone GONE , poof , like a fart in the wind .
Had the bottle yesterday at lunch , went to get some today at lunch and its just flat out not here . THEE only other person in the shop yesterday and today was my helper who , of course has not seen them . Filed a report but that was pointless due to the fact my back doc still will not refill any lost or stolen meds .
As obvious as it seems who took them , I cant prove and will not straight out accuse him of it w/o proof so I told him id give him 200.00 bucks if he finds them. Hope they mysteriously show up somewhere . But overall this just sucks ! I have never mis-used , lost , gave away , sold or anything other than taking like Im told , I 100% can see where the docs are coming from on that policy but They have been treating me for over a year with out even a small issue with my meds , I have always taken my meds with me for them to count and have always been right on .
Maybe I should give up my citizenship , cross the border a few times , get on every gov assistance I can and then they will pay me to sell my meds .
Wish me luck , I hear withdrawal is a sonbitch

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 08-09-2012, 02:56 AM   #14272

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

They're worth more than 200 on the street...

Old 08-09-2012, 06:58 AM   #14273
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8527 Times on 5093 Posts
Likes Given: 11152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Yea i know, but there are more than one cardio doc that goes to the hospital. If one is over booked then schedule another doc. I'm just frustrated thats all, but we are finally home and are about to play army with the 1911!!!!
I have seen a t-shirt that says, "Let's play Army. I'll lay down and you blow the hell out of me".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Here is my misfortune of the day report :
Someone felt they needed my pain meds more than I do ...... Yep , nearly a months supply of oxycodone GONE , poof , like a fart in the wind .
Had the bottle yesterday at lunch , went to get some today at lunch and its just flat out not here . THEE only other person in the shop yesterday and today was my helper who , of course has not seen them . Filed a report but that was pointless due to the fact my back doc still will not refill any lost or stolen meds .
As obvious as it seems who took them , I cant prove and will not straight out accuse him of it w/o proof so I told him id give him 200.00 bucks if he finds them. Hope they mysteriously show up somewhere . But overall this just sucks ! I have never mis-used , lost , gave away , sold or anything other than taking like Im told , I 100% can see where the docs are coming from on that policy but They have been treating me for over a year with out even a small issue with my meds , I have always taken my meds with me for them to count and have always been right on .
Maybe I should give up my citizenship , cross the border a few times , get on every gov assistance I can and then they will pay me to sell my meds .
Wish me luck , I hear withdrawal is a sonbitch
By law, the doctor can't refill that prescription before it is due. He could lose his license over that.

I'd be as ticked as heck over this. I'm sorry it happened.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #14274
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 472 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Boombastic Fantastic dancing like a Spastic.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #14275

Liked 1305 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 643

Winds , you are correct , but they can fill it if they change the script around or the dosage or a different script altogether , like I said , I understand their ground and I support the rule fully but for such a established patient with a perfect record , it kinda pisses me off they wont try to help out . Im not 100% dead in the water , kinda waiting to see what happens but I very rarely have ANYthing stolen from me , its not a good feeling

Trying to get two very large boats back in the water today , I have had one for 3yrs and the other for 1 month , both owners screaming and now we cant cordinate to get them back , thats about 3k sitting in the parking lot right now that I cant seem to collect on but at least they are here and not dropped off w/o getting paid

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 08-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #14276

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Does anybody know what Schrodinger’s cat’s name actually was/is?

It's name didn't show up on the search, or Google either.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #14277
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine

It's name didn't show up on the search, or Google either.
I think it was Lucky. Lol

Old 08-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #14278
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Mmmm lunch
forumrunner_20120809_141253.jpg  

Old 08-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #14279
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Cry me a river .... I owned/drove an Isuzu pick up in AZ for about 5yrs ... never had AC

I live in southern Mississippi and lived in Memphis, TN for a decade or so (with a 85ish mile round-trip commute); i have never liked car air-conditioning. I have used it when i had a passenger or on the way to a funeral or job interview or something, but not often. Luckily, the defrost on my lil Nissan Sentra uses the a/c compressor or the thing would've dried out by now.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #14280
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
You are kidding, right?