Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1427
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #14261
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7624 Times on 4584 Posts
Likes Given: 9513

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGO View Post
Took my car to my mechanic (good and trusting friend) after the air conditioner went out. He filled it with freon twice but both times it leaked out. He called to tell me it's got a leak in the dash. I about chit my pants when he told me it would cost $750.00 just to pull the dash. I called two other places and they quoted me the same price. I don't have that kind of money just sitting around to get it fixed. So I have been driving it real early in the mornings to get stuff done before the heat/humidity is unbearable. My husbands AC in his truck works great but it's a damn gas hog. If I didn't have any bad luck I won't have any luck at all. I'm just frustrated....
I just had car repair issues, too. I am fortunate that my "funky clutch" issues was an easy fix. But I just had to put tires on my car. I put two on a couple months ago and just had the other two put on yesterday.

My luck usually sucks, too. But I feel my life has really helped me become strong, a problem solver and very independent. Hang in there. I'm rooting for you.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #14262
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3574 Times on 1986 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGO
Took my car to my mechanic (good and trusting friend) after the air conditioner went out. He filled it with freon twice but both times it leaked out. He called to tell me it's got a leak in the dash. I about chit my pants when he told me it would cost $750.00 just to pull the dash. I called two other places and they quoted me the same price. I don't have that kind of money just sitting around to get it fixed. So I have been driving it real early in the mornings to get stuff done before the heat/humidity is unbearable. My husbands AC in his truck works great but it's a damn gas hog. If I didn't have any bad luck I won't have any luck at all. I'm just frustrated....
Hey, could be worse. At least it runs and it's drivable... I have never owned a car with AC, in fact I took the compressor and everything out of one because it didn't work and I didn't want to fix it, and it was all in my way.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #14263

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I figured out why insurance companies charge so much!!!! We've been waiting for the cardio doctor since lunch yesterday!!!!!!! I never knew that there is only one cardio doctor!!!!!! So the insurance was charged for one day for us to sit here and do nothing!!! I'm sure glad we have sooooo much money to waste!!!!!!!!!!!! I just ranted to a nurse and apologized, but she was surprised we were waiting since yesterday to see tge cardio doctor.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #14264

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00
I figured out why insurance companies charge so much!!!! We've been waiting for the cardio doctor since lunch yesterday!!!!!!! I never knew that there is only one cardio doctor!!!!!! So the insurance was charged for one day for us to sit here and do nothing!!! I'm sure glad we have sooooo much money to waste!!!!!!!!!!!! I just ranted to a nurse and apologized, but she was surprised we were waiting since yesterday to see tge cardio doctor.
Maybe I missed something, Somebody in the hospital?

NEVER FORGET

Old 08-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #14265

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

Maybe I missed something, Somebody in the hospital?
Zombiegirl

Old 08-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #14266
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Insurance costs?! I could tell you a lot why insurance costs are so high. I work in a hospital lab. Our ER doctors order a urine pregnancy test and when it comes out 'negative', which most do, they throw in a blood pregnancy test. Depends on my mood, who the ER doctor is and how much time I have on my hands, I call them and ask them do they really want that? The urine test came out negative.........what do they think the blood test is going to come out as? 100% of the time the ER doc will tell me to cancel the duplicate test.

The doctor will order a full blood count on a trauma patient. Then he'll call the lab all frantic looking for a hemoglobin result. I tell them I am running a full blood count and it's not done yet. Then he'll say, "I don't care about the full blood count. I just need to know what his hemoglobin is." Which I want to reply, but I don't because we're in the middle of a trauma, 'Then why did you order the full blood count which takes longer and is more expensive?'

There is one ER doc that orders flu tests like they're going out of style. That is appropriate during "the flu season" but it is quite rare to have a positive flu in June, July, August. This particular doc orders a flu test on every patient that comes in to the ER with a sore throat or cold symptoms. I haven't seen a positive flu test yet this summer........strep, yes....flu, no.

What these ER docs want to do is order a crap load of tests all at once instead of using a 'rule out' method. Order some pertinent tests, if they com back negative, delve a little deeper. Part of this is to blame on the patients who whine if they are in the ER for "too long". It's become a lot about turn around time and getting the patients in and out quickly. In order to do that, the docs order everything they can think of all at once. It's quicker.....though very much less cost effective.

I could go on and on. The doctors who have patients in house order tests correctly and efficiently. It's the ER docs that are very, very wasteful.

*sigh* If only I were Queen of the Hospital I'd put those doctors in their place and educate them on how to efficiently utilize the lab tests.

But, yeah, Fathead, there is much waste and inefficiency in our hospitals. That cardiologist doesn't give a hoot if the patient and her insurance is billed for another day's stay.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 08-08-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #14267

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Insurance costs?! I could tell you a lot why insurance costs are so high. I work in a hospital lab. Our ER doctors order a urine pregnancy test and when it comes out 'negative', which most do, they throw in a blood pregnancy test. Depends on my mood, who the ER doctor is and how much time I have on my hands, I call them and ask them do they really want that? The urine test came out negative.........what do they think the blood test is going to come out as? 100% of the time the ER doc will tell me to cancel the duplicate test.

The doctor will order a full blood count on a trauma patient. Then he'll call the lab all frantic looking for a hemoglobin result. I tell them I am running a full blood count and it's not done yet. Then he'll say, "I don't care about the full blood count. I just need to know what his hemoglobin is." Which I want to reply, but I don't because we're in the middle of a trauma, 'Then why did you order the full blood count which takes longer and is more expensive?'

There is one ER doc that orders flu tests like they're going out of style. That is appropriate during "the flu season" but it is quite rare to have a positive flu in June, July, August. This particular doc orders a flu test on every patient that comes in to the ER with a sore throat or cold symptoms. I haven't seen a positive flu test yet this summer........strep, yes....flu, no.

What these ER docs want to do is order a crap load of tests all at once instead of using a 'rule out' method. Order some pertinent tests, if they com back negative, delve a little deeper. Part of this is to blame on the patients who whine if they are in the ER for "too long". It's become a lot about turn around time and getting the patients in and out quickly. In order to do that, the docs order everything they can think of all at once. It's quicker.....though very much less cost effective.

I could go on and on. The doctors who have patients in house order tests correctly and efficiently. It's the ER docs that are very, very wasteful.

*sigh* If only I were Queen of the Hospital I'd put those doctors in their place and educate them on how to efficiently utilize the lab tests.

But, yeah, Fathead, there is much waste and inefficiency in our hospitals. That cardiologist doesn't give a hoot if the patient and her insurance is billed for another day's stay.
Yea I just needed to rant. Plus we still didn't see him they let us be release on his word. He wasn't going to see us until tonight!! It's compkete stupidity. There are alot of good doctors out there.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #14268
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Yea I just needed to rant. Plus we still didn't see him they let us be release on his word. He wasn't going to see us until tonight!! It's compkete stupidity. There are alot of good doctors out there.
Yes, there are a LOT of good doctors out there. I'm not saying our ER doctors are bad doctors, just not considerate of the costs of ordering tests.

Same with your cardiologist. He is probably an excellent doctor. And very likely overbooked because of that. Not to mention he may be called for emergencies when he had scheduled to see other patients. You never know what kept him from seeing ZG.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #14269

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Yes, there are a LOT of good doctors out there. I'm not saying our ER doctors are bad doctors, just not considerate of the costs of ordering tests.

Same with your cardiologist. He is probably an excellent doctor. And very likely overbooked because of that. Not to mention he may be called for emergencies when he had scheduled to see other patients. You never know what kept him from seeing ZG.
Yea i know, but there are more than one cardio doc that goes to the hospital. If one is over booked then schedule another doc. I'm just frustrated thats all, but we are finally home and are about to play army with the 1911!!!!

Old 08-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #14270
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1169 Times on 762 Posts
Likes Given: 695

another answer for young shooters? guess they thought the cricket was popular enough they hade to make there own. i bet it shoots pretty well

http://savagearms.com/firearms/model/rascal

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.