Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1419
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #14181
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum
Some teenager just killed 8 people with a knife........Now wtf are you saying, go some where else with your BS........
Not sure where that's directed, this is from
His Facebook. Another person stating this stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #14182

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
Paul Fehringer You are right... Guns don't kill people. It's people WITH guns that kill people. Do they really need assault weapons to hunt deer? I for one am all for stronger gun control. Screw the NRA... I vote better.
12 hours ago via mobile · LikeUnlike
Joel Fuller assault weapon? do you have access to one? if you do some research you will find that that "assault weapon" is a firearm that is capable of fully automatic fire. the weapoins capable of this are strictly controlled. the military and police...are the only ones who have access to these. im also curious, have you ever handled or shot a firearm before or have you jumped to judgement without ever touching one? and one more question. can a knife kill? can a car kill? can a baseball bat kill? the answer to this is yes. so i think we should ban anything capable of such destruction. hmm come to think of it you can kill someone with your bare hands. guess we need to ban those as well.See More
2 hours ago · LikeUnlike
Paul Fehringer Tell that to the families of the theater massacre. I bet he didn't yield a knife, bat or fist. I guess we'll all have to agree to disagree on this topic.
about an hour ago via mobile · LikeUnlike
Joel Fuller true, to each our own opinion. i'm sorry for those families, however lets recap. you believe we should ban nationally an item, fireamrs in this case. because of the act of one crazy person? goes back to the fact that more people die a year...by cars then legally owned guns. a truck drove off the road in texas just a few days after the colorado event killing 11 people. yet there was no call for more vehicle control, or barely any news coverage.. it has been ruled in a court of law that police do not need to protect you if it can place them in harms way. yes a lot of officers will try. however, they are not REQUIRED to. this being the case who is responsible for YOUR protection? you and only you. it was a sad thing. but if you need to blame something blame the PERSON that did the act, or the theatre for being a so called gun free zone. the bad guy really followed that rule didnt he? im pretty sure the bad guy broke the killing people rule as well. so how does making more rules that bad guys wont follow help the law abiding citzens? food for thought. i will step down from the soap box now.See More
3 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
Too far? Not at all, lots of folks like us have written stuff just like that, that was a logical, mature response...of course if you're talking to an anti-rights type of person, they are 'logic and fact' impaired...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 08-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #14183

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1
Paul Fehringer You are right... Guns don't kill people. It's people WITH guns that kill people. Do they really need assault weapons to hunt deer? I for one am all for stronger gun control. Screw the NRA... I vote better.
12 hours ago via mobile · LikeUnlike
Joel Fuller assault weapon? do you have access to one? if you do some research you will find that that "assault weapon" is a firearm that is capable of fully automatic fire. the weapoins capable of this are strictly controlled. the military and police...are the only ones who have access to these. im also curious, have you ever handled or shot a firearm before or have you jumped to judgement without ever touching one? and one more question. can a knife kill? can a car kill? can a baseball bat kill? the answer to this is yes. so i think we should ban anything capable of such destruction. hmm come to think of it you can kill someone with your bare hands. guess we need to ban those as well.See More
2 hours ago · LikeUnlike
Paul Fehringer Tell that to the families of the theater massacre. I bet he didn't yield a knife, bat or fist. I guess we'll all have to agree to disagree on this topic.
about an hour ago via mobile · LikeUnlike
Joel Fuller true, to each our own opinion. i'm sorry for those families, however lets recap. you believe we should ban nationally an item, fireamrs in this case. because of the act of one crazy person? goes back to the fact that more people die a year...by cars then legally owned guns. a truck drove off the road in texas just a few days after the colorado event killing 11 people. yet there was no call for more vehicle control, or barely any news coverage.. it has been ruled in a court of law that police do not need to protect you if it can place them in harms way. yes a lot of officers will try. however, they are not REQUIRED to. this being the case who is responsible for YOUR protection? you and only you. it was a sad thing. but if you need to blame something blame the PERSON that did the act, or the theatre for being a so called gun free zone. the bad guy really followed that rule didnt he? im pretty sure the bad guy broke the killing people rule as well. so how does making more rules that bad guys wont follow help the law abiding citzens? food for thought. i will step down from the soap box now.See More
3 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
The same politicians and liberals who claim it would be logistically impossible to "round up" 13 million illegal aliens, actually believe it'll be logistically POSSIBLE to "round up" 100+ million guns.

There is a point in either argument, where it becomes clear that both cannot be correct.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #14184

Liked 806 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 925

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
The Henry Lever youth model I looked at fit me quite well. It was right around $250.

But.......I'm wondering if I should get a rifle that shoots a larger caliber.

What do you all think. I want to get a plinking rifle but I'm starting to wonder if I should get a larger caliber rifle.
What about that SKS youve been wanting??

Old 08-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #14185

Liked 1223 Times on 875 Posts
Likes Given: 622

You would think with so many out of work it would be easy to find some help . Im sorry ........ decent help . Hell id take a non pothead at the moment or someone who would at least pick up their fugging phone

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 08-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #14186
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
...I have never hunted or shot an animal yet.
It's never too late to start!

If you get one in .44, you could take a WHACK at a bear.

MM, i'm not sure how to take that last part?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 08-02-2012 at 06:02 PM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 08-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #14187
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7813 Times on 4689 Posts
Likes Given: 9825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
What about that SKS youve been wanting??
Yeah, I'd love to have an SKS........with a spike bayonet. I also want a Colt 1911, an AR-15, etc.

I think a .22 rifle is more practical for my shooting wants/needs right now. My funds are pretty tight and I think I'll get more use out of the .22 than anything else I could buy with the money I have right now.

I'd like an AR before the SKS. There are just so many I want I have to prioritize the practicality of shooting them and balance that with what I can spend. Basically, I want every gun I see.

So many guns............so little money. *cry*

Old 08-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #14188
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9543 Times on 4105 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Something like this?

rifles-002.jpg

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #14189
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7813 Times on 4689 Posts
Likes Given: 9825

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Something like this?

Attachment 53226
*cry* Yeah, EXACTLY like that. I want.

Dang, that gun is beautiful.

The one I shot was not scoped. I hit the 10" metal target with the iron sights. But I was sitting and resting the rifle on sandbags.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #14190
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Something like this?

Attachment 53226
c3, is there a gun you don't own?